Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Looking for a game.
Looking for a game.
Jul 2 2008, 6:40 pm
By: Axii
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jul 3 2008, 8:06 pm Hug A Zergling Post #21

:P they are great. but then I dont have anymore game ideas. Ooh! Ghost Master was great :P

None.

Jul 4 2008, 12:58 am Kaias Post #22

Mass Effect
Bioshock
Halo 3

None.

Jul 4 2008, 1:22 am -HorroR- Post #23

I saw that you had HL 1 and 2 on the list. Consider trying some of the mods made for these two? That'll keep you occupied for awhile, plus you save yourself time/money.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 2:03 am Hug A Zergling Post #24

Can't you just play SC mods? thats all I do :P
try Openarena. its a free version of Quake 3 arena
Oh, that reminds me. Quake 4, and ET:Quake Wars

None.

Jul 4 2008, 2:42 am -HorroR- Post #25

You saying that also reminded me of another good one: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, the good ol' free WWII shooter.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 9:08 am pneumatic Post #26

ICY TOWER

None.

Jul 4 2008, 11:54 am Praetor Post #27

layin' in the cut

Urban Terror. Best free game I have ever played, better than most retail games these days.

this too shall pass

Jul 4 2008, 12:34 pm BeDazed Post #28

Learn Starcraft melee. That will keep you occupied until SC2 is out.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 2:13 pm chuiu Post #29

Quote from BeDazed
Learn Starcraft melee. That will keep you occupied until the end of time.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 2:39 pm Hug A Zergling Post #30

Thats too hard :(
And wolfenstien is always good. Oh! theres another idea, play some retro games. Doom, duke nukem, Quake, Wolf 3D, Elder Scrolls...and ROMS are another good choice :P

None.

Jul 4 2008, 3:01 pm chuiu Post #31

Wtf, melee isn't hard. Any jackass 8 year old can learn melee and even how to map hack1.

1 Any Random Battlenet game

None.

Jul 4 2008, 3:05 pm BeDazed Post #32

Melee takes a ton of games to get good. It isn't necessarily hard, just a long learning curve.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 3:28 pm Hug A Zergling Post #33

Amen to that. Melee is hard when you have no one on your level of play to practice with. It also makes it frustrating :(

None.

Jul 4 2008, 3:30 pm Axii Post #34

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Thats too hard :(
And wolfenstien is always good. Oh! theres another idea, play some retro games. Doom, duke nukem, Quake, Wolf 3D, Elder Scrolls...and ROMS are another good choice :P
Yeah, I recently Picked up a DS/GBA Emulator, So ive bin playing that every now and then.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 7:38 pm Test Post #35

I've been playing America's Army a lot recently. The multiplayer is pretty fun, as long as your comp doesn't lag. One bit of lag makes you suck horribly. It's a very realistic game. Free to play and download. I get lucky when I get kills, because my comp sucks for gaming. The training is half boring, you learn first aid! Sit in a class and write a few tests. The special forces test is hard. Gameplay is only online, offense vs defense mostly. Once you die, you have to wait until the round is over until you come back. Makes you think twice about running in the open.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 8:37 pm Axii Post #36

Downloading it now ^_^.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 11:34 pm BeDazed Post #37

Amen to that. Melee is hard when you have no one on your level of play to practice with. It also makes it frustrating :(
You don't play your level to get good at melee. If you just play your level for 5000 games, you'll stay where you are for 5000 games.

None.

Jul 4 2008, 11:51 pm Hug A Zergling Post #38

Well, if all you play is people who rush you and kill you in a matter of 3 seconds, then its hard to learn anything. (Other then build of defenses, but Im not that fast)

None.

Jul 4 2008, 11:54 pm DevilOfDuce Post #39

wait for Twilight Shade to come out! :D

None.

Jul 4 2008, 11:54 pm chuiu Post #40

Quote from BeDazed
You don't play your level to get good at melee. If you just play your level for 5000 games, you'll stay where you are for 5000 games.
Now this isn't true either. While it is undoubtedly better to play against players far better to you and talk to them to speed up the learning process every player had to start somewhere. You do get better playing against people your level it just takes much longer.

While it is more fun to play against people your level, I wouldn't say its frustrating playing against people who just ass rape you.

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Well, if all you play is people who rush you and kill you in a matter of 3 seconds, then its hard to learn anything. (Other then build of defenses, but Im not that fast)
Then get faster. Learn how to stop rushes. TBH stopping or preparing for a rush is one of the easiest things to learn and it starts with scouting.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum