Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: player 9 - player 12 use
player 9 - player 12 use
Jun 7 2008, 11:07 am
By: okeee  

Jun 8 2008, 1:31 am NudeRaider Post #21

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from stickynote
So, if I wanted to give a unit to Player 12, I would select 'Neutral'?

Quote from NudeRaider
P12 = Neutral

Jun 24 2008, 2:39 pm okeee Post #22

I'd like all any units except hydralisks to be moved when they are at location x.
Any way to do this trigger in an easy way, except naming every unit but hydralisks?

None.

Jun 24 2008, 6:25 pm Untelligent Post #23

If you mean all the units are already there, then I suppose you could temporarily move all the hydralisks to some other location, move all the other units to location y, then move the hydras back.

If you mean the units aren't there yet but they'll come there later, then as far as I know, you have to name every unit individually (or at least the ones that have a possibility of going there).

None.

Jun 25 2008, 4:07 am NudeRaider Post #24

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Giving the hyds to a temporary player (e.g. 9-12, or any other free player) before teleporting works better than moving them away if they are owned by only one or a few different players. By giving they're deselected but they retain move orders (if present) and won't change their location (looks smoother).

If you have more players owning the hyds than free temporary players (free as in owning no other hyd / not issuing commands to hyds) you could cycle through all the hyds and place lings or something (owned by the original player) underneath.
You should make copies of the cycle trigger to speed up the process and prevent the players from unburrowing (disabling burrow tech helps).
This will fail when the hyds are stacked (e.g. through burrowing) or you have no free temp player.

Jun 25 2008, 4:07 am Heimdal Post #25

Quote from okeee
I'd like all any units except hydralisks to be moved when they are at location x.
Any way to do this trigger in an easy way, except naming every unit but hydralisks?
If the hydras will only be owned for a single player, then give them to another player (like P12) temporarily, then move all any unit for each player 1-8, then give the hydras back from P12.

None.

Jun 25 2008, 8:50 am okeee Post #26

ok, but the player should still contol the hydralisks.. so unless it's possible for 1 player to control both player 1 and 2, then i can't give the units to some other player.

None.

Jun 25 2008, 10:00 am NudeRaider Post #27

lol ofc you must give the hyds back to the orig player after other units have been teleported.
Do everything in 1 trigger and the giving is practically instantly. It will only cause a deselect.
If you have to do a cycling you must make copies of the trigger so it doesn't take more than 1 trigger loop.

Jun 25 2008, 10:53 pm okeee Post #28

Ok but as soon as the hydralisks are given back to player 1, then they are moved immediately as well. because the move trigger is a preserve trigger, and the location is really big, but they should be able to move through that area.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 5:13 am Kaias Post #29

May as well just list every possible unit.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 5:59 pm NudeRaider Post #30

Quote from Kaias
May as well just list every possible unit.
yeah, either that or make some kind of activation or interval so the units are not teleported all the time.

Jun 26 2008, 8:37 pm Kaias Post #31

Quote from Falkoner
Players 9-11 start out as enemies to everyone, and visa versa, but they generally do not attack back, though they often will begin to follow any units that attacked them. The best theory as to why they cannot attack back is that they do not have vision to themselves, and it's not possible to give them vision at all, since there is no AI script for them to give or receive vision.
That theory fits perfectly, as computers react the same way when you turn off their vision.

Maybe you could get a P9-11 Queen to parasite without vision. I mean seriously, when I play melee, I swear the comps don't need to see where your units are, the queens just know. Hah unlikely.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 9:14 pm NudeRaider Post #32

They wont do anything with any unit. They wont attack nor will will they cast spells

Jun 27 2008, 2:37 pm okeee Post #33

How do you assign(for the same unit) different properties for different players? such as:
player 1 has 1 hydralisk with health points 100, player 2 has 1 hydralisk with health points 200. Without using heroes..

None.

Jun 27 2008, 3:04 pm Doodle77 Post #34

Quote from NudeRaider
They wont do anything with any unit. They wont attack nor will will they cast spells
They follow you.

None.

Jun 27 2008, 9:50 pm NudeRaider Post #35

Quote from Doodle77
Quote from NudeRaider
They follow you.
Only if you shoot them. They won't do anything themselves.

You can make different upgrades per player (armor) or you can set hyd's max hp to 200 and set it to 100%/50% for different players. Zerg will heal though.

Options
  Back to forum