Diablo 1
May 31 2008, 7:11 pm
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Dec 6 2009, 1:10 am stickynote Post #81

I was about to say "Hurry up and finish this." But then I read your post. :-(
Ah, it will happen to me someday. I hope I will have accomplished something by then.

None.

Dec 6 2009, 1:30 am Jack Post #82

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Can you post the most recent version of the map?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 6 2009, 2:02 am Morphling Post #83

I'm sorry to see this go unfinished, but you had a lot more motivation than most people, unfortunatly it was not enough.

quiter :bleh:

None.

Dec 6 2009, 12:40 pm Ahli Post #84

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from name:zany_001
Can you post the most recent version of the map?
There is no most recent version of "the map". At least not with triggers. The Demo v1 is the most recent playable product.
To make the new version "playable", you need to finish some missing systems and transfer the triggers out of 1 trigger text file into the other trigger text file.
Together with a few trigger changes the map becomes playable to a certain degree (till first bug or missing trigger systems).

I will upload my stuff somewhere when I have faster internet. Atm, I'm at my parent's house and the 8kb/s upload aren't good enough to accomplish that.

Quote from Morphling
I'm sorry to see this go unfinished, but you had a lot more motivation than most people, unfortunatly it was not enough.

quiter :bleh:
True :(

I start with my small files. Most of them are a few documentations which ID is what and data about all items and enemies.

~Ahli

Attachments:
small d1 stuff.rar
Hits: 2 Size: 53.32kb

Dec 7 2009, 3:03 am Jack Post #85

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

A terrain-only map uploaded would be cool too.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 7 2009, 3:41 pm Ahli Post #86

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from name:zany_001
A terrain-only map uploaded would be cool too.
Check out the demo map. That's the terrain how far it was done :)
You can find it on the first page of my created topics by clicking my name.

Dec 8 2009, 10:22 am Ahli Post #87

Trigger text files and current map

Dec 28 2009, 11:27 pm Ahli Post #88

Good News, everybody!

Hail to the
71804 triggers!!!

I need to fix all bugs I encounter. Add some things I forgot.

And the map is lagging when it is opened in scmdraft & starcraft at the same time ;P
But Scmdraft makes it laggy... The rest is determined by your CPU power. I'm using SC's CPU throttle btw.
Without scmdraft it doesn't lag noticeable on my 2.5ghz dualcore laptop.

Couldn't test much until now due to a player spawn problem ;\) spawning where you shouldn't spawn (wrong location # I guess).
So no new battle system is still untested.

It's a bug seeing, searching and hunting task now.
It's easy to have some problems, if you just add more than 41k triggers to a map.

More information will follow.

~Ahli

Dec 29 2009, 2:09 am payne Post #89

:payne:

I guess my poor computer will create a nuclear explosion while opening your map.
I remember opening MorphLing concept map... it took me some crashes and when it finally opened, it took 4,5 minutes sitting in front of a black screen :S

None.

Dec 29 2009, 10:21 pm Ahli Post #90

Around 71800 triggers.

-Potion system (using, selling, buying) works
-Dungeon spawns seem to work properly

But there are 2 bugs I encountered when attacking monsters. Let's see if I can do this before 31st. ;)
1 and a half days left for me :-_-:

edit:
Answer: no. I couldn't ;D
still fixing bugs. :blush:

edit:

-Monsters on the battlefield killed me... :)
-Throwing items away works.
-Fixed plenty of bugs I noticed.
-some monsters are already able to move around on the battlefield (I will need to adjust much in the future because of different unit sizes)

Bad news:
-Still more bugs to hunt
-have to find out why the arrows won't fly. In a tiny test map the trigger actions work. :(

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 3 2010, 2:10 pm by Ahli.

Jan 10 2010, 8:38 am Jiggaboo Post #91

You should keep the latest version posted for essentially an open beta :P

None.

Jan 10 2010, 12:00 pm Ahli Post #92

won't make it till deadline. I've not enough sparetime atm.
I will continue after my exams (-> end of february) or when I find some time.

Jan 10 2010, 6:48 pm stickynote Post #93

Yay! You're still working on it.

None.

Jan 13 2010, 2:29 am Dungeon-Master Post #94

GOGOGO make teh map, it looks hella funzorz

None.

Jan 14 2010, 10:06 am Ahli Post #95

buggy Demo 2

Bugs I know: (just played a bit)
-arrow direction/ordering new one on ur head
-you can f*ck up everything with bow somehow ("memory leaks" (my variables) I have to find)
-monster movement/attacking
-While loading it is labeld as demo 1 (never changed that :( )
-If you die you cannot walk (I think I know why [could be that I forgot to recenter your locations on you])
-monsters sometimes do to much damage (50 damage per hit? woot?)
-I disabled the walls in the battlefield
-purple monsters on battlefield are ignored in the win trigger... :X
-touched monsters may walk out of your location (p11's unit somewhere in the dungeon)

Have NO fun playing it.
Playing buggy sh*t sucks...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 14 2010, 10:15 am by Ahli.

Feb 17 2010, 4:29 am -BW-Map_God Post #96

Well, I applaud you for still having the map submitted for the RPG contest...despite it's current state. Hopefully it will help get the wheels churning again. I didn't think the lag was too bad, the sounds with the text were awesome. Your systems seem like they would work but I didn't get a chance ot test much. Got stuck in one battle and died shortly after another. Damage seems to be based on how fast you can spam attack the enemy square. No indication of what enemy hp is at that I could find. Arrows were also I think unlimited? I tried buying some potions but try as I could I couldn't use them. Also when I died as you stated would happen I got stuck unable to move though I was able to move the first few initial seconds after death.

I didn't see any messages about damages during the whole thing, and the map could use a tutorial. Or at least a note about the importance of the action unit in unloading and making things happen :D. Anyway I must say you have a record number of triggers for having so little of the gameplay done. Though I think it was a good sized dungeon but there was no way I was going to survive more than a couple fights, not sure if it was because the enemies did too much damage, I sucked, the system was broken or whatever.

None.

Feb 22 2010, 1:41 pm Ahli Post #97

Systems were broken.
I guess I may continue my work within the next week. Tomorrow is my last exam. :)

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum