Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Daily Photograph
Daily Photograph
May 15 2008, 11:17 pm
By: Corbo
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

May 22 2008, 1:11 am Corbo Post #21

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Okay, back to pictures of places:

The place: Dominican Republic, Christopher Columbus' Lighthouse
The Date: February, 2008.
Description: It's a memorial building where Chritopher Columbus' remains are supposed to be but no one really knows where they are, so pretty amazing, right? :P
The plan of the structure is somewhat a cross and the picture there shows the really long part. All the rooms that you see there represent the countries that were conquered by spain. Each country has at least one room and some of them have even two or three, there's also rooms for countries that have helped latinamerican economy. It is an extremely long room.

fuck you all

May 22 2008, 2:27 am Phobos Post #22

Are you sure about that?

:wtfage: How do you get those pictures Corbo?

this is signature

May 23 2008, 12:15 am Corbo Post #23

Secrets :P

It's actually really easy to take good shots of buildings I just carry my camera everywhere and try to take pictures of anything I like. I'd say.. practice? that's actually a really easy shot.
It's waaay harder to take a shot of a living object, you have to wait a lot. I actually tried once to take photographs of the birds that come and go to my garden but I always got bored I did it on my last vacations.

fuck you all

May 23 2008, 3:01 am Phobos Post #24

Are you sure about that?

Well, I wish I had some time to take pictures or to even be able to have a camera with me all the time :( But I seriously doubt my dad will lend me his camera.

If he ever takes a nice picture (he sometimes takes his camera to work, he works as a map maker) I will post it here in his name. However, he doesn't always work in urban areas, so maybe it won't be so easy.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 24 2008, 3:56 am by Phobos.

this is signature

May 23 2008, 3:22 am Corbo Post #25

:P

I try read and do productive stuff on my vacations, I of course, end up doing less than half of what I want to do but I still try.
There's just so many things I'd like to do during class and I don't find the time to do them so I just do them on vacations even if that means literally studying on vacations :P

fuck you all

May 27 2008, 10:25 pm Corbo Post #26

GOTH

The place: Historical Centre, San Salvador. Sagrado Corazón Basilic.
Date: Today, May 27th.
Description: I actually haven't read much about this but I know that the main facade was brought all the way from europe to here. That's a shot from the parking lot to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up. It's a really high thing.

Post something tomorrow, people!

fuck you all

May 28 2008, 12:06 am Phobos Post #27

Are you sure about that?

I can turn that into Gotham :P can you believe it's the first time I've ever seen it?

this is signature

May 28 2008, 5:10 am Corbo Post #28

Yes, I can.
And, no offense, but it's a shame how culture is waaaay underated in our country. It's a team assignment and none of us even knew where the hell it was. We got there because the basilic is really high and I literally spotted it out of a cloud like 6 blocks away from us.
It made me feel bad the fact that neither of us knew where it was and had never seen it before. I had seen it before but didn't know where was it, I saw it in my childhood or so when I was 7 years old or younger.

fuck you all

May 28 2008, 11:16 pm Phobos Post #29

Are you sure about that?

I had never HEARD of it. I didn't know it existed :/

this is signature

Aug 28 2009, 6:25 am Corbo Post #30

Hai gais

Wanna try this again? I'll post something tomorrow and see if you guys keep on going. Or someone can just beat me to it and post before me.

fuck you all

Aug 28 2009, 8:35 am ToA Post #31

Que Sera, Sera.

The place: Dock near Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans
The day: July 24th, 2009. my birthday
Description: we were sitting on this dock after 6am beniegts breakfast, and the water and scenery looked nice to me.

Aug 28 2009, 5:27 pm Corbo Post #32

Terrible depth of field on the lower part of the composition but it's a good shot. Did good in not putting the horizon right on the mid, although the rocks kinda ruin the water composition.

fuck you all

Aug 28 2009, 6:17 pm CaptainWill Post #33

Damn, you got in before me! I will post my picture shortly...

Edit: Looks like I lost most of my photos from Brussels when my laptop died. Luckily, the best ones have survived (they're all on facebook but at low res... ugh).

And yes, I know this is supposed to be daily but the topic needs some activity. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 28 2009, 7:09 pm by CaptainWill.

None.

Aug 29 2009, 1:17 am Corbo Post #34

Quote from CaptainWill

Lovely, what I like about european old buildings is that they actually know how to handle them. In here they'd have painted it already.

fuck you all

Aug 29 2009, 5:00 pm Corbo Post #35

My turn

The place: El Salvador, UCA.
The Date: August 27th, 2009.
Description: Photovoltaic Solar Panels on top of Martín-Baró's building. It's an assignment and I had to risk my life by climbing all the way to the roof :P

fuck you all

Aug 29 2009, 9:03 pm CaptainWill Post #36

That would be good, but why is it so dark?

None.

Aug 29 2009, 9:16 pm Corbo Post #37

Behind me, blocking the sun, there was a rain coming.

Funny story cause the rain caught us way before we could get down from the roof :P
Plus I had to take the shots quickly cause we had like 5 security guards whistling at us to get down that it was not allowed to climp up the roof, so no time to do exposure w&b balance and all that jazz.

fuck you all

Aug 29 2009, 9:24 pm CaptainWill Post #38

Oh I see - shame you didn't have time to prepare a better shot. :(

None.

Aug 29 2009, 9:46 pm Corbo Post #39

Well, at least the guards left when it started to rain :P

fuck you all

Sep 1 2009, 12:19 am CaptainWill Post #40

The place: Campus of Royal Holloway College, University of London
The Date: February 2nd, 2009
Description: A view of Founder's Building south-east corner taken from here (red dot on map). At the start of that February we had more snow that I'd seen in years. Good thing because the university is quite beautiful in the snow. Unfortunately I was involved in a car accident the night before. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 1 2009, 12:28 am by CaptainWill.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum