Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: What Real Twilight Extended Looks Like
What Real Twilight Extended Looks Like
Sep 7 2007, 3:38 am
By: Jello-Jigglers
Pages: < 1 2 3

Sep 17 2007, 1:46 am Vi3t-X Post #41

Jello is of the few of us who use no sprites GJ, overal 7 (some are bad, some are good [ the nice hill on the hill ])

The few who dont use sprites (that I know of are: Jello, WoodenFire and Myself)

None.

Sep 17 2007, 5:29 am Jello-Jigglers Post #42

Haha you don't use sprites either? Do you have any twilight stuff? :) Post it here if you do cause I would love to see it :D

None.

Sep 18 2007, 1:35 am TitanWing Post #43

I can't see the pics.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 3:00 am Jello-Jigglers Post #44

Hey sorry about that, as you can read in more detail in my first post, I changed the image paths inadvertently... The images are now back online and they are all organized in the first post for your viewing :D

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:21 am Dr. Brown Post #45

Wow ya'll sen peeps got some mad skills! And not just single tileset masters either, full on terrain geniuses! How much time do you spend terraining each day? And is there still new stuff your figuring out or is this common knowledge to the sen terrain crew? Just wondering cause I would like to see what I can come up with if there's still stuff to find.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:26 am Falkoner Post #46

Well, Twilight is mostly new stuff, but others, like Jungle, are mostly explored, you just have to combine all the blends to make it look good.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:30 am Dr. Brown Post #47

Oh ok so what would be the best tileset for me to try to make stuff for, cause I'm assuming jungle is the easiest and that's why its gassed out. But I don't want impossible stuff to start with cause I will probably get discouraged haha! Like desert maybe or ice?

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:32 am Falkoner Post #48

I'd say jungle, all the known blends are mostly for jungle and it makes all around cooler looking terrain, while others can still make cool terrain, jungle is great for starters to learn the basics, I'd recommend posting a new topic for all of these questions :P

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:32 am Cob Post #49

They are not that hard, they just look gay. Jungle is the most good looking tileset while twilight could be nice if some cool things are done, like double cliffs.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:34 am Dr. Brown Post #50

Can double cliffs not be done in twilight? I guess I just assumed that everything would transfer over from tileset to tileset? But now that I think about it, they have totally different doodads and junk... Hmmm.....

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:36 am Falkoner Post #51

Well, the problem is that jungle water has cliffs under the water that are exactly like the above cliffs, so all you need to do is replace those with dry ones and it blends perfectly, my tutorial I posted shows you how it works really well.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:36 am Cob Post #52

I did it, look in other topics.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:46 am Dr. Brown Post #53

which topic did you post them in and how to make a new topic lol! I really am a noob aren't I!!!! awwww man....

None.

Sep 23 2007, 3:37 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #54

Quote from Dr. Brown
Wow ya'll sen peeps got some mad skills! And not just single tileset masters either, full on terrain geniuses! How much time do you spend terraining each day? And is there still new stuff your figuring out or is this common knowledge to the sen terrain crew? Just wondering cause I would like to see what I can come up with if there's still stuff to find.
Haha that's really giving me more credit than I deserve lol I definately wouldn't say master, but I know a few tricks here and there. :lol: There is plenty of things you can discover, especially in non-jungle tilesets. There's infinite solutions to this puzzle blizzard gave us :D

Quote from Dr. Brown
Oh ok so what would be the best tileset for me to try to make stuff for, cause I'm assuming jungle is the easiest and that's why its gassed out. But I don't want impossible stuff to start with cause I will probably get discouraged haha! Like desert maybe or ice?
I suggest trying out jungle to learn the basics and moving to another tileset after you learn somethings. Not saying that jungle doesn't have more to it, it just isn't very special anymore to see stuff come out in it because you can only be so creative ya mean? :lol:

Quote from Dr. Brown
Can double cliffs not be done in twilight? I guess I just assumed that everything would transfer over from tileset to tileset? But now that I think about it, they have totally different doodads and junk... Hmmm.....
Yeah double cliffs in twilight are tricky, but cob has done it with only minor flaws, and I am currently trying to develop some techniques for the occasion. It is a pain but I think I'm getting close to something good :D

Haha and keep the questions coming if you've got them, I feel better about myself if I can answer something lolz!!!!

None.

Sep 23 2007, 4:17 pm Cob Post #55

Quote from Dr. Brown
which topic did you post them in and how to make a new topic lol! I really am a noob aren't I!!!! awwww man....

Twilight Shits

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum