Ubuntu Linux
Apr 28 2008, 9:07 pm
By: NexY  

Apr 29 2008, 5:13 am Twitch Post #21

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Twitch
Quote from cheeze
yoshi, stop converting people who can't handle linux to linux. :unsure:
Question,what is there on Linux that someone cannot handle?If there is anything please tell me.

Some people can't understand the concept of googling things, or a text terminal.
They don't need the terminal for anything unless they need to edit alot of things.
For the google comment I figured they have used google once or twice.
@yoshi I have used arch try that :P.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 4:16 pm NexY Post #22

HEllo! I'm back again >;O! In Ubuntu, when I enter my wireless passphrase for it to connect to my router, it never does :crazy: . I'm 100% sure I'm typing the passphrase correctly. It's a 128bit code, or that's what it says in my router config. What am I doing wrong?

:-(

None.

Apr 29 2008, 8:03 pm Money Post #23

Quote from NexY
HEllo! I'm back again >;O! In Ubuntu, when I enter my wireless passphrase for it to connect to my router, it never does :crazy: . I'm 100% sure I'm typing the passphrase correctly. It's a 128bit code, or that's what it says in my router config. What am I doing wrong?

:-(

Try all 3 WEP possibilities?

None.

Apr 29 2008, 9:09 pm NexY Post #24

Yes, I did try all 3. :dontgetit:

None.

Apr 29 2008, 9:29 pm Money Post #25

Quote from NexY

Not exactly sure, try #ubuntu on irc.freenode.net.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 11:17 pm Twitch Post #26

Ok wait I think I understand the problem,answer this though so I can be sure.
What type of router do you have.Also do you have any protection at all enabled on it?(meaning like wep)

None.

Apr 30 2008, 12:52 am NexY Post #27

Quote from Money
Quote from NexY

Not exactly sure, try #ubuntu on irc.freenode.net.
I'm not familiar with irc, so how would I do that. :wtfage:

@Twitch: I'm using a Linksys WRT54G. The Security is WEP.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 3:11 am NexY Post #28

EDIT: I got it to work, I guess I wasn't 100% sure I wrote the code down right. Hahaha silly me..... :><:

I also removed the network object from the panel >.<! I looked to add it again but I didn't see it D:! How to get it back? (It's not the network monitor)

Thank You!

None.

Apr 30 2008, 3:22 am Twitch Post #29

To add it back right click the taskbar and click add icon.Then look in the network items it should be in there.If it isn't then make a shortcut to it in the preferences.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 3:17 pm NexY Post #30

I don't see "Add Icon", there is an option for "Add to Panel". I clicked that, there was no category for network items, I did see Network Monitor, but that's not what I'm looking for. And I don't know what it was called so I really don't know how to grab that shortcut. The object was where it shows you which routers are near you and how to connect to them (Manually, Create New Connection, entering a passphrase in my case). If it's connected it shows green bars.

Thanks Again.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 7:10 pm Money Post #31

Oh, I see. Restart the computer and it should be back? Or have you tried that?

None.

Apr 30 2008, 7:28 pm Twitch Post #32

Quote from Money
Oh, I see. Restart the computer and it should be back? Or have you tried that?
No it won't be.Now I know what you talking about hummm well if you use a dock,you can add one to the dock other then that I would say go to ubntu forums and ask.I always forget the easy stuff lol.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 10 2008, 9:52 pm by Twitch.

None.

May 1 2008, 2:42 am NexY Post #33

Quote from Twitch
[quote=name:Money]will if you use a ock you can add one to the dock

No idea what you said there, lol

None.

May 2 2008, 1:25 am Money Post #34

Quote from NexY
Quote from Twitch
[quote=name:Money]will if you use a ock you can add one to the dock

No idea what you said there, lol

Oh, I know what you did. Add to Panel > Notification Area (icon is a big I, its under Utilities).

None.

Options
  Back to forum