Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Age of War
Age of War
Apr 17 2008, 5:18 am
By: LiQuiDz  

Apr 17 2008, 5:18 am LiQuiDz Post #1

So I was basically looking for ideas because I was in a slump when I decided, "Why not look around at some flash games and see what I can do?" After this thought I went to MaxGames.com and found a game that I enjoyed playing called "Age of War". After playing a couple of times I figured why not turn this into a SC Map....and so I did.

It is a Solo Defense Game but also in a sense, a Team Defense Game because you rely on your partners to hold your own so it doesn't turn into a 2v1 match. You start out going against a person from the other team spawning "Base Units" (Firebats 5hp 2Dmg) which is basically just a unit spawned to keep some action going constantly. The defense has a kind of tug of war style, because its based on a line going across from one team to the other.

There are 5 different Eras (Prehistoric, Medieval, Rennaissance, Modern, and Future) to advance in when you aquire the experience. As you go through the different Eras, different units and turrets will become available to you for purchase. These units are more powerful than the previous era, so it is a good idea to advance ASAP.

The idea is to defeat your opponents base to get an edge on the other team...if you can't hold your own and you lose then your partners will soon be facing a disadvantage with the other team. Turrets are given to computer players depending on the team to prevent turret camping for easy kills, money, and experience.

Look out for Age of War 2 later down the road when I am going to add unique spells and specials for use and possibly unit upgrades! Have Fun and give the map a try!

Future Unit Spawn Area

Base Start

Sry about using SCM Draft for photos, my in game shots turned black for some reason... :'(

Attachments:
Age of War[P].scx
Hits: 36 Size: 45kb

None.

Apr 18 2008, 12:18 am stickynote Post #2

I played the flash game ;) I haven't played the map yet, but I will soon. I hope it's as fun as the flash one.

None.

Apr 21 2008, 2:55 pm LiQuiDz Post #3

Yeah I added some stuff to make it different from the flash game (such as 3v3, base unit spawns, mining per era, and some turrets) however I am working on Age of War 2 where I will add spells and some specials based on either kill count or something to regenerate....so look out for that in a little bit...

None.

Apr 22 2008, 1:01 am stickynote Post #4

Doesn't it already have spells? (Flash version)

None.

Apr 22 2008, 1:06 am Vi3t-X Post #5

Fairly interesting. I'll look into this a little later.

None.

Apr 23 2008, 5:45 pm Heegu Post #6

The paths where your units fight need to be alitle wider. And ofcourse, specials and stuff like that would make it more interesting.

None.

Apr 23 2008, 6:18 pm Impeached Post #7

Once one person on your team dies, it's over. One bad player on your team can ruin the game.

It's fairly amusing, though. Perhaps raise defenses/base stats to make it last longer.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 7:51 pm Paravin. Post #8

Each era could have a different base unit, would add more difference between eras and make the players adapt new strategies.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 10:37 pm stickynote Post #9

How about an option that allows you to give money and troops to an ally.

None.

Apr 27 2008, 12:27 am Really Post #10

I LOVED the flash game

None.

Apr 27 2008, 4:01 pm Symmetry Post #11

Dungeon Master

Quote from LiQuiDz
Sry about using SCM Draft for photos, my in game shots turned black for some reason... :'(

If you're trying to prntscrn and then paste into an image editor, that won't work. When you press prntscrn ingame, it should save the screenshot into your SC folder as a .pcx file. You can then convert it and host it like you normally would.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
  Back to forum