Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Battle Royale
Battle Royale
Mar 29 2008, 10:27 pm
By: Hug A Zergling  

Mar 30 2008, 7:20 pm lil-Inferno Post #21

Just here for the pie

I'm not sure how a ghost can be a shotgun, as it has longer range than a marine and the same range as a sniper rifle. A better shotgun would be the hero high templar, Tassadar.

Mar 30 2008, 7:23 pm Hug A Zergling Post #22

Hmm, ya. That would be a much better hero. But can it be stacked/cloaked?

None.

Mar 30 2008, 7:53 pm lil-Inferno Post #23

Just here for the pie

I don't know, why would you need to cloak it anyway?

EDIT: I see why, but then you'd have to stop your civilian manually to attack :( .

Mar 30 2008, 8:01 pm Hug A Zergling Post #24

Quote from lil-Inferno
EDIT: I see why, but then you'd have to stop your civilian manually to attack :( .

Why would I need to do this?

None.

Mar 30 2008, 8:14 pm lil-Inferno Post #25

Just here for the pie

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Quote from lil-Inferno

Why would I need to do this?
Well, if you're doing that sprite battle system, which I was assuming you were.

Mar 30 2008, 8:22 pm Hug A Zergling Post #26

No, I wasn't planing to. Plus, I dont entirely undertsnad it...but we'll leave that for another thread

None.

Mar 30 2008, 8:22 pm Hug A Zergling Post #27

No, I wasn't planing to. Plus, I dont entirely undertsnad it...but we'll leave that for another thread ^^

Thats wierd...it posted twice, but in the second one, included my edit...hmm...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 31 2008, 12:44 am by Hug A Zergling.

None.

Mar 31 2008, 10:34 am Hug A Zergling Post #28

Would sprite battle system be easier then what am doing?

None.

Mar 31 2008, 12:42 pm pneumatic Post #29

Muta should be boomerang. The Glave Wurm not only looks like a 3-pronged boomerang, it also bounces from target to target. I also think it'd be hilarious having your character scream like a Muta whenever they throw a boomerang.

Muta could also be shuriken.

You said you thought the fork idea was stupid, but I actually kind of like it. The Zealot should be a fork. The zealot always seems so badass, so he should be the silliest weapon. The great thing about having silly ideas is that you can give them really drastic bizarre after-effects to balance out the apparent patheticness. For example, the forks could let your character eat other players and steal their life.

Weird little silly details like that make your map a classic, if you do them right. If you just sort of slip them in without making too big a deal of it, or even make them secrets/hard to find, they give the map this great sense of timeless irony, like little treasures for players to find. Definitely good to have humor, especially if it's already really violent. It's just more interesting that way. Keeps players on their toes.

Anyway, cool idea. Keep it up, it'll be cool to see this map in action.

None.

Apr 2 2008, 6:03 pm Hug A Zergling Post #30

Hmm, thanks, ill keep that in mind. lol Ya, i was gunna make the muta a boomerang already, but I like the shuriken idea too.

None.

Apr 7 2008, 11:34 pm Hug A Zergling Post #31

bump

None.

Apr 8 2008, 3:11 am Greo Post #32

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battle_Royale_weapons
These are all the weapons used in BR.

None.

Apr 8 2008, 11:11 am Hug A Zergling Post #33

Thanks, But now I have to know what units will represent which, and how I can make that unit cloakable/ stackable

None.

Options
  Back to forum