Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Attack of the Worms
Attack of the Worms
Mar 28 2008, 4:24 am
By: Owrtho  

Mar 28 2008, 4:24 am Owrtho Post #1

This is a map I've been working on for awhile called Attack of the Worms. In it you are (in essence) mercenaries working to defend a town from a massive attack of worms. When you kill the worms you recieve worm heads (gas) which you can turn in at the Bounty Hunter HQ for money (15 gas gives 1 mineral). Your money can then be used to upgrade you weapons or at the shop in which you can buy building repair kits, deffencive structure kits, or even new weapons. As the game progresses more powerful worm types appear. The objective is not like most deffencive games in which you must prevent the enemie from reaching the end of the track however. Instead you must prevent the town from being destroyed (and not get killed yourself). If you die your alies can retrieve your body and take it to the medicle center to revive you. If the town strts getting too destroyed you can buy building repair kits to rebuild lost buildings. Eventualy the final boss will appear. The final boss is the worm queen & is made of a chain of lifted off infested CC's with a regular CC for the head. It also has a proboscuss that it will occasionaly send out to attack nearby players. Any contact with the worm queen is instant death. Now for mandatory pics:

The shop.

The medicle center.

masses of worms

worm queen

Note: a more indepth description will come soon.

Owrtho

None.

Mar 30 2008, 10:30 pm Owrtho Post #2

Well, as I'm rather lazy, for now rather than copying all the information here, here is a link to the old topic I had about this map on maplantis at which most of the information can be found.

Owrtho

None.

Apr 1 2008, 9:50 pm pneumatic Post #3

Sweet idea. I'd definitely play this. Screenshots look good too.

None.

Apr 12 2008, 8:20 pm Paravin. Post #4

The Big Momma looks like a penis.

None.

Apr 13 2008, 12:02 am Marine Post #5

I have one question... How big are those pictures? I need to get some on my topic.

None.

Options
  Back to forum