Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Help!
Help!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 20 2008, 5:47 pm
By: InsolubleFluff
Pages: < 1 2 3

Mar 1 2008, 8:13 am frazz Post #41

I would laugh incredibly hard if he turned in his code without compiling.

Cheating is one thing, but that would be ridiculously foolish.

None.

Mar 1 2008, 8:44 pm InsolubleFluff Post #42

You guys seem to mistake me as some kind of fucking idiot, I originally asked for help as to how to solve the problem, I obviously would compile it and check it, and yes those comments are necessary because he says so, and it's not about whether or not I think I need them or anybody else thinks I need them, but what he thinks I need, because he's marking it not me, so yes it's required. And obviously i'd compile it, like that's probably the stupidest thing i've heard of... I also need to generate documentation so is my description of n correct?

None.

Mar 1 2008, 10:32 pm cheeze Post #43

Basically, you're saying you don't understand your own algorithm and you're trying to create a documentation for it. First step: understand what's going on.

None.

Mar 2 2008, 1:40 am frazz Post #44

That's why doing your own work is actually helpful sometimes. If you don't like writing computer algorithms, programming might not be a great field for you.

Shocko: I was actually mocking cheeze's statement more than I was mocking you (which was not at all), like saying "nobody's that stupid."

None.

Mar 2 2008, 5:29 am InsolubleFluff Post #45

thanks for explaining that frazz

I do like writing programs, however he said we had 2 days to do it, and I had no clue how to do this, I struggled last time I had to solve a problem like this and I really want to pass this course, so I asked for help... help so I could understand how to solve the problem, then I would of coded it myself, the code was presented and so I opted to take the code, read over and try to understand, now I think I am right, I just desire confirmation so I can submit this god damn project and not lose marks for poor commenting on one variable, got it?

So cheeze if constructive criticism is no longer in the question for you, I think that you should opt to not reply, and if you want to make a smart arse reply about this reply, dont... just go put a plastic bag over your face and play dead.

None.

Mar 2 2008, 6:23 am frazz Post #46

Wow, Shocko.

Thing is, you're pretty much straight up cheating. Wanting to not fail is not an excuse for cheating. The fact that the assignment is hard is not an excuse for cheating either.

Some people there may be failing, but they'll have done just as much work as you. Some will be doing just as well as you, and will have done way more work than you. Sound fair?

None.

Mar 2 2008, 6:30 am cheeze Post #47

If answers are presented to you, you don't just copy it and hope you understand it later. You try and understand it now. Handing your current code in and asking whether or not a single variable actually does what you think it does simply tells me you don't understand the algorithm. Now the question is, if you don't understand such a simple algorithm, how can you accept to just pass the course? You haven't gained anything from the class.

It's this reason that I should also say shame on IP and DTBK for posting answers rather than giving him help regarding the algorithm.

None.

Mar 2 2008, 3:40 pm InsolubleFluff Post #48

Cheeze non constructive criticism, what did I say about that?

Frazz is there any difference between asking geniuses on SEN compared to what everyone else did and copy my friend Amzad at school... well no, not really. I could understand the code, I needed help solving the problem, now, before I submit I am asking for one final confirmation on whether or not 'n' is right... so please, if you can't answer that question, don't reply.

None.

Mar 2 2008, 7:29 pm frazz Post #49

Oh right, I forgot. Silly me. The fact that everyone else is doing it makes it alright. Like drugs and racism.

Btw, Shocko, you can't contradict someone then expect them not to post again. If you want to concede defeat, make a post saying that or leave. You can't declare victory and then tell people to stop discussing.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 2:25 am InsolubleFluff Post #50

Yes, because everyone else is doing it makes it alright, democracy, beautiful thing no?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum