Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: SC: Remastered JSON Editor
SC: Remastered JSON Editor
Sep 17 2023, 2:06 am
By: Corbo  

Sep 17 2023, 2:06 am Corbo Post #1

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

So a while ago I realised that the way people were editing JSON files was a bit tedious, you know which files, the ones that contain game strings that were previously .tbl files.

So I decided to make a small tool to help with that, may I present to you:

SC: Remastered *.JSON editor

It's a rudimentary *.json files editor for Starcraft: Remastered, for now it supports basic editing, saving and new string entries adding. It also comes with a helpful search function so you can easily filter/find your strings.

As this is very early and third alpha release (some bugfixes over the months from first release) is a bit rushed with the objective to get some feedback on functionality to add and/or issues with the current state of the program.

For now it will open *.json files and make a preview for them, though not accurate to 100% perfection but good enough for a quick preview and definitely much better than editing plain text.

Future support for sfx.json will be added since this file is a different format from normal .json files.
Future support for *.ui.json files is also considered. (though, definitely not a priority)

Support for the following files: flc.json, skin.json, skins.json, badnames.json is NOT considered in the future since these files are absolutely random and hardly ever (if ever) will be edited.

You can get it here:
Release: https://github.com/xcorbo/scr-json-editor/releases/tag/v0.2.2-alpha
Repo: https://github.com/xcorbo/scr-json-editor
Executable .jar File: https://github.com/xcorbo/scr-json-editor/releases/download/v0.2.2-alpha/scrj.v0.2.2-alpha.jar

You will need Java installed in order to run the executable .jar file, which you may get the JRE 8 for.

I would greatly appreciate all feedback and / or suggestion for features and whatnot. I will gladly maintain this tool to the best of my ability but beware i am a beginner at programming xd.

fuck you all

Sep 18 2023, 2:28 pm Zoan Post #2

Math + Physics + StarCraft = Zoan

How do we get a .json from a starcraft map? (I know nothing of programming)

\:rip\:ooooo\:wob\:ooooo \:angel\: ooooo\:wob\:ooooo\:rip\:

Sep 19 2023, 5:02 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #3

The Curious

It's not in a map, it's in the game archives. The utility to browse and extract files from the Blizzard game archives is found here:
http://zezula.net/en/casc/main.html

Trial and error... mostly error.

Nov 10 2023, 5:46 am Corbo Post #4

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

If anyone tried/is using this app, let me know if you have any feedback, bugs you've found or feature requests.

I am in the process of updating the app for sfx.json support and would appreciate any comments on this.

kthxbai

fuck you all

Options
  Back to forum