Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Sidna Chronicles Episode I (Zerg Campaign)
Sidna Chronicles Episode I (Zerg Campaign)
Jun 13 2023, 2:14 am
By: Nuralldin  

Jun 13 2023, 2:14 am Nuralldin Post #1

Hello everyone, I am pleased to share with you my project, which I have been working on for a while now... This is the first of three episodes which is a short campaign consisting of only 4 missions, in this the player will primarily play as the Zerg race. I have designed these missions to be really challenging and are not intended for beginners or less skilled players. Each mission, due to its difficulty level and map size, offers about an hour and a half to two hours of gameplay (Perhaps three?). Some of these missions were originally standalone maps created by me, which I interconnected with a well-developed storyline that I hope you will enjoy. In addition, it has been completely dubbed using ElevenLab's AI generated voices.

3D Art created by me :D

Custom campaign menu and loading screens.

Despite the fact that my intention was to carry out a small and simple project, with few missions, I could not avoid creating a whole previous story to make sense of the playable story of the campaign itself. Said history integrates harmoniously without transgressing anything in the official lore of the game.

I have created the following video so that you can hear the narration of this story from the voice of a terran adjutant. Although somewhat long, listening to it could be entertaining for you as well as guaranteeing you a better understanding of the campaign plot...

A few ingame screenshots...

DOWNLOAD LINK:

If you find any bugs, please let me know. This is just the first version, and there will be new updates that will fix any potential bugs that may be found and add additional content, such as Episodes II and III. Bye! :)

Post has been edited 10 time(s), last time on Jun 17 2023, 10:33 pm by Nuralldin.

None.

Jun 13 2023, 9:29 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #2

The Curious

Looks very good, I especially appreciated the fact that in the installation mission there are shortcuts that allow for quick backtracking after an objective is cleared.

One minor note though, weapon and armour tooltips all show "???". I've had the same kind of error once, but it just kinda fixed itself when I updated MTL.ini (?)

It's also not entirely obvious why in the English language campaign the string base is in Spanish, and the hotkeys took some getting used to. I guess it would be better to make two separate locales???

Maybe that Regent dude needs a separate unit too, the transmissions are from a bog standard civilian unit.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Jun 14 2023, 12:20 pm Excalibur Post #3

The sword and the faith

I was really excited to try this....

Until I got in and all the unit text was in Spanish....

Which wouldn't have been the end of the world except all the hotkeys are broken/changed from what they are normally.

If you're able to put out a version of this using an ENG base text, I'd love to give it a go.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 14 2023, 7:53 pm RdeRenato Post #4

I am Renato

A wise man once said:

MISSING TREES

Good job

:unsure: i am RdeRenato, a veteran noob

Jun 14 2023, 8:15 pm Nuralldin Post #5

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
Looks very good, I especially appreciated the fact that in the installation mission there are shortcuts that allow for quick backtracking after an objective is cleared.

One minor note though, weapon and armour tooltips all show "???". I've had the same kind of error once, but it just kinda fixed itself when I updated MTL.ini (?)

It's also not entirely obvious why in the English language campaign the string base is in Spanish, and the hotkeys took some getting used to. I guess it would be better to make two separate locales???

Maybe that Regent dude needs a separate unit too, the transmissions are from a bog standard civilian unit.

The truth is that I had thought that the regent would have the appearance similar to that of Stukov from Starcraft 2, perhaps with a different face but the same style of black uniform, to give a bit the impression that the planet is governed by a Sort of totalitarian fascist military government, a look similar to Starship Troopers officers, but I haven't perfected my sprite editing skills yet, so said change will take a bit longer to arrive. Regarding the other small oversights that I had and that you have mentioned, I am already solving them to upload a new file.

None.

Jun 14 2023, 8:18 pm Nuralldin Post #6

Quote from Excalibur

Which wouldn't have been the end of the world except all the hotkeys are broken/changed from what they are normally.

If you're able to put out a version of this using an ENG base text, I'd love to give it a go.

I am already working on it, later today I will publish a new file with these corrections.

None.

Jun 14 2023, 8:20 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #7

The Curious

I meant just creating a separate unit entry, not necessarily a new sprite (which is a pain)

Jun 14 2023, 8:30 pm Nuralldin Post #8

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
I meant just creating a separate unit entry, not necessarily a new sprite (which is a pain)

Ah I understand, I haven't tried to do that yet, but I will for sure later on.

None.

Jun 15 2023, 2:07 am Nuralldin Post #9

Quote from Excalibur

I have fixed it. :)

None.

Jun 15 2023, 5:36 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #10

The Curious

On the flip side, it gave a chance to learn Spanish. :)
(It's an uncomplicated language in my opinion, moreso if you know any other Romance language. I knew a little of it somehow despite never formally learning)

Jun 16 2023, 2:13 am Rawflesh0615 Post #11

Yay New StarCraft custom campaign!

Although I am having some issue for starting this campaign application, although it said, "Select StarCraft Executable".

Proof:
https://imgur.com/a/CyNsKQs

I mean, what I'm I supposed to do? I need help for this one.

None.

Jun 16 2023, 7:52 am Nuralldin Post #12

Quote from Rawflesh0615

Although I am having some issue for starting this campaign application, although it said, "Select StarCraft Executable".

Proof:

I really don't know why this is happening, but I remember once the same thing occurred to me with another mod and this is how it was solved... Open your Battlenet launcher and check the "Play" button, If it says "Install" instead, then press it and it should change to "play" again in a few seconds, then try to open the mod.

Just check that you can play SC Remastered normally, if so you should be able to open the mod as well.

None.

Jun 16 2023, 3:49 pm Rawflesh0615 Post #13

Quote from Nuralldin
Quote from Rawflesh0615

Proof:

I really don't know why this is happening, but I remember once the same thing occurred to me with another mod and this is how it was solved... Open your Battlenet launcher and check the "Play" button, If it says "Install" instead, then press it and it should change to "play" again in a few seconds, then try to open the mod.

Just check that you can play SC Remastered normally, if so you should be able to open the mod as well.

Oh man, it runs the REMASTERED version? The problem that I didn't install the StarCraft Remastered, and I only have the ORIGINIAL StarCraft game on my computer. If install the Remastered version, it would conflict between two versions. Remastered and original.

None.

Jun 16 2023, 4:22 pm Excalibur Post #14

The sword and the faith

Quote from Rawflesh0615
Quote from Nuralldin
Quote from Rawflesh0615

Proof:

Oh man, it runs the REMASTERED version? The problem that I didn't install the StarCraft Remastered, and I only have the ORIGINIAL StarCraft game on my computer. If install the Remastered version, it would conflict between two versions. Remastered and original.
You can have both you just have to install them to separate locations.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 16 2023, 6:14 pm Nuralldin Post #15

Quote from Rawflesh0615
Quote from Nuralldin
Quote from Rawflesh0615

Proof:

As
Quote from Excalibur
said, you can have them both, in fact I have both versions installed.

None.

Options
  Back to forum