Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Command line tool for displaying map settings as JSON
Command line tool for displaying map settings as JSON
Mar 10 2022, 5:35 pm
By: NiceNowIHaveAName  

Mar 10 2022, 5:35 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #1

Hi! Does anyone know of a .exe command line tool that being fed either a .scx, .scm or a .chk file, generates a JSON file that contains all the information that gets displayed by going to SCMDraft 2 > Scenario > Map settings, which should work with both normal maps and EUD maps? I would be happy if at least these 3 tabs, Unit Settings, Upgrade Settings and Tech Settings, would be stored in such a JSON file.

From what I read, I think scm-extractor, chkjson (it seems to have the unit settings) and bw-chk (it seems to be lacking those 3 tabs, but it also seems to have others instead) could be coupled together to achieve that goal, but, unfortunately, I don't know how to do that myself.

In case no one knows of such a tool, would anyone be willing to try and couple those 3 programs if indeed my assumption was right?

I know that screp is a cli tool used for replays.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Mar 10 2022, 6:31 pm by NiceNowIHaveAName.

None.

Mar 11 2022, 12:12 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #2

I forgot to mention, this is where I found out about chkjson.

None.

Jul 3 2022, 7:30 pm sethmachine Post #3

Hi NiceNowIHaveAName,

I am the maintainer/developed of chkjson, thank you for considering my library.

If/when it's finished, it could easily do what you ask--turn a Starcraft map into editable JSON data and then compile it back into the Starcraft map.

It's been about 2 years since I last worked on the project, but I may take a crack at it again.

However, even if chkjson is completed, you might still want an interface to edit the JSON at a higher abstraction level.

Ping/message me if you're interested in using chkjson, happy to give more help here.

Note I would avoid trying to piece together multiple tools as it will make it difficult in the long run.

Ultimately my goal is a Python command line utility that can decompile and compile JSON <=> chk/scm/scx files.

None.

Nov 24 2022, 9:15 am NiceNowIHaveAName Post #4

Hi, setmachine! I've sent you an email few days ago talking about chkjson and the reason for late replying. Please check out your gmail account, in case you have missed it out!

None.

Options
  Back to forum