Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Starcraft Fan campaign Listing V3
Starcraft Fan campaign Listing V3
Jun 20 2021, 10:11 am
By: Zincoshine
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1021 >

Feb 7 2022, 3:33 pm C(a)HeK Post #141

nope, just restoration
at least this is the name of folder, i not watched this campaign, but i will make the link for you
perhaps, this is something new.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/HjOqtLvT2qeB1g

Hello everyone, friends. You can call me Alexander. :)
Additional Story Series creator
Maps & Info - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/8yj1Y_ddxE9FIA
Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Feb 7 2022, 3:56 pm Zincoshine Post #142

Oh a new Russian campaign. Thanks! I'll add it to the archive. Any more Russian campaigns would of course be appreciated.

None.

Feb 7 2022, 4:00 pm C(a)HeK Post #143

To be honest, I don't know who author. My Russian friend sent me it. So you can mark as a Russian campaign, but I'm not sure that this is a Russian.

Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Feb 7 2022, 5:33 pm Zincoshine Post #144

You didn't see the readme? It's very Russian. Lol. It also says who the author is. This is really old by the way. It's from 1998 I think.

None.

Feb 8 2022, 11:49 am C(a)HeK Post #145

okay, i missed it

anyway, do you have Zerg expansion campaign? It's a Russian campaign too

Feb 8 2022, 2:26 pm Zincoshine Post #146

Yeah, I have it, it's archived. It's necron's favourite campaign. However, I think that's just because of nostalgia goggles. It doesn't have a good layout or coherent story. (Or maybe the English translation was just bad? I really don't think so..)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2022, 7:35 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Feb 8 2022, 3:16 pm C(a)HeK Post #147

Some weird story, but you can ask UEDCommander about translation.

Feb 8 2022, 7:47 pm Zincoshine Post #148

I've added restoration to the archive and listing under the other languages section. :)

edit: OK, I checked it in starcraft itself and it turns out the campaign is actually in English! How strange that the readme is in Russian....
I'ts been moved to the pending review section

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2022, 10:15 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Feb 9 2022, 3:29 pm Zergy Post #149

So, by browsing Aerie's Guard campaign listing from back in 2006, I found 9 other lost French campaigns:
  • Intrus (Intruders), by Cleem
  • Invasion, by thommas: Not to be confused with the campaign of the same name done by Adrien
  • La reconquète (The reconquest), by Delta61
  • ProZerg War, by Zalex
  • Renouveau (The Revival), by Elaedaril
  • Renouveau de l'Humanité (Revival of Mankind), by Elaedaril
  • Renouveau Terran (Terran Revival), by Elaedaril
  • Une nouvelle chance (A New Chance), by Delta61
  • Zerg, by phsweb (the author didn't have his files anymore. :( )

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 10 2022, 8:42 pm by Zergy.

French map maker, not really active these days.

Feb 10 2022, 7:34 pm Zincoshine Post #150

OK I've updated it, but you really should remove the emails from your comment in order to avoid bots sending spam to these addresses.

None.

Feb 14 2022, 7:23 pm Zincoshine Post #151

And I am finally back! I haven't finished playing FIST and pronty but honestly I'm just really getting bored of metroidvanias and am just too excited to play the remaining starcraft campaigns. Here's the plan, in order:
1) I'll be reviewing the last 8 unmodded campaigns first along with any new campaigns that get released in the meantime or any campaigns that have their missing files found.
2) After that I will play the last 7 remaining modded starcraft 1.16.1 campaigns, in addition to any that are found or made during this period.
3) Then, I will play any unmodded campaigns that were completed or found during the aforementioned period.
4) Finally, I will restructure the listing one final time and implement simple instructions for installing starcraft 1.16.1. The uncategorised campaigns section will be abolished and the campaigns there will be moved to different sections. From that point on, any new campaigns found or made will be marked as blue unless I decide to play through it at some point. Starcraft 1.16.1 modded campaigns will most likely no longer be played at that point as I will probably finally update the bios of my laptop and I know that doing so will break the ability to play classic brood war on it. It is at this point I return to playing metroidvanians and other games on steam once more.

None.

Feb 15 2022, 5:25 am Zergy Post #152

Quote from Zincoshine
I will probably finally update the bios of my laptop and I know that doing so will break the ability to play classic brood war on it. It is at this point I return to playing metroidvanians and other games on steam once more.
Mmm, I don't see why an EFI update would break the compatibility with old games. BTW, classic BW work fine inside a VM.

Feb 15 2022, 8:13 am Zincoshine Post #153

I know it will because it already happened way back when I began this project. I just got lucky and was still able to find the file for the older version still in my download folder and roll back the upgrade. I've put the update on hold ever since but as a result everyday I get an annoying popup telling me to update.

None.

Feb 15 2022, 8:38 am Nekron Post #154

That's really weird, I can get 1.16 working just fine on a relatively new Win11 machine. There's a weird issue with the -graft mods where sometimes it runs without launching and needs to be killed via task manager before it works on subsequent launches, maybe that was what you encountered?

Feb 15 2022, 9:12 am Zincoshine Post #155

What I encountered was that I made the mistake of buying Lenovo. What can I do? Asus's offerings were so bad at the time. I didn't have a better choice.

It happens regardless of mods or not, it's because the newer bios doesn't tolerate StarCraft's resolution and frame rate on its monitor.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 15 2022, 11:15 am by Zincoshine.

None.

Feb 15 2022, 10:09 pm Zincoshine Post #156

Latest updates:
- "Aftermath" has been QA'd. The quality was better than expected, but the unfinished nature of this campaign, the completely absent background and context to the plot, and the messy beginning of mission 2 doomed this to not getting a recommendation. There was also a gamebreaking bug in mission 1 involving the victory trigger being bugged. I fixed that though, it took literally 10 seconds to fix.
- "Vanguards of Aiur" has been QA'd. comes close to getting a recommendation but there are just too many missions that I wasn't able to complete. I was going to give it a conditional recommendation but when I couldn't complete the final mission I was left with no choice but to decline a recommendation. I hope the gameplay issues will one day get fixed as this campaign could easily get a recommendation if that is done.
- "Wrath of the fallen knights" Is just bad. No recommendation

All three aforementioned campaigns have been archived as well.

None.

Feb 18 2022, 10:36 pm Zergy Post #157

Hello,

While searching into the rubble of StarCraft Millenium I found the third mission of a campaign named « Mothenia »
The mail of the author is in the map description.

Quote from Zincoshine
It happens regardless of mods or not, it's because the newer bios doesn't tolerate StarCraft's resolution and frame rate on its monitor.
Maybe a cheap external monitor can do the trick when you are at home. :)
Quote from Zincoshine
- "Aftermath" has been QA'd. The quality was better than expected, but the unfinished nature of this campaign, the completely absent background and context to the plot, and the messy beginning of mission 2 doomed this to not getting a recommendation. There was also a gamebreaking bug in mission 1 involving the victory trigger being bugged. I fixed that though, it took literally 10 seconds to fix.
I take a look at it and was able to finish the first mission, even if the victory didn't trigger.
Was able to mess up the triggers of the beginning of the second mission by immediately lifting my command centers and bring them to my main base. :P

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2022, 11:40 pm by Zergy.

Feb 19 2022, 4:20 pm Zincoshine Post #158

Map description? What do you mean? In any case I've added it into the missing files section.

I've also moved timeline into the pending section as the missing mission has been found. It will be reviewed right after I finish with lost worlds (or when it finishes me, good lord what a slog...)

Quote from Zergy
I take a look at it and was able to finish the first mission, even if the victory didn't trigger.
Was able to mess up the triggers of the beginning of the second mission by immediately lifting my command centers and bring them to my main base. :P
The victory trigger condition is set for the wrong player, it's supposed to be when player 3 puts the 5 civilians at the beacon, instead it's set to player 1. lol

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2022, 7:00 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Feb 19 2022, 6:13 pm Zergy Post #159

Quote from Zincoshine
Map description? What do you mean? In any case I've added it into the missing files section.
Scenario -> Map properties in SCMDraft.

Feb 19 2022, 7:00 pm Zincoshine Post #160

oh that.. thanks

I'm Going to start playing Restoration right now actually as I'd like to keep the campaigns with voice acting in one block.

Aside from that, lost worlds and reclamation have now been archived. Both failed to get a recommendation.
Lost worlds suffers from grindy gameplay, and later on severe language issues.
Reclamation is still in a pre-alpha state with the basic layout and the dialogue being the only thing that is complete in the missions done so far for this unfinished campaign.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2022, 9:46 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1021 >
  Back to forum