Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Starcraft Fan campaign Listing V3
Starcraft Fan campaign Listing V3
Jun 20 2021, 10:11 am
By: Zincoshine
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1221 >

Mar 10 2022, 6:15 am Zincoshine Post #181

It means you are doing what you always do with new campaigns. Playing them, giving feedback, testing, etc.... The result is the campaign gets improved rather quickly. There's no point in me archiving the campaign while it is being improved :) I'll wait until afterwards.

None.

Mar 10 2022, 9:40 pm Zincoshine Post #182

I've completed playing through the protoss campaign in huncraft genocide. Unfortunately, here gameplay problems start to appear, in mission 3 and 8 in particular. The plot becomes less interesting and more illogical, and plot elements are presented in some really absurd cutscenes, causing a drastic drop in the plot-map relation score. The biggest plot twist is ruined because the campaign selection screen unintentionally acts as a spoiler. At this point a conditional recommendation is most likely, there are just too many problems in Huncraft Genocide....

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 12 2022, 3:24 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 13 2022, 3:55 pm Zincoshine Post #183

Alright, I finally aborted my playthrough of Huncraft genocide halfway through the terran campaign. Unfortunately, the campaign completely falls apart at the end. The maps become broken and buggy, the gameplay becomes very poor and the story completely breaks the canon for starcraft and becomes virtually incomprehensible. Huncraft Genocide isn't getting a recommendation and it has become the first (and hopefully only) campaign from S-tier that failed to get a recommendation (well technically it's not the first, newside wars also failed to get a recommendation but that is a french language campaign). I never found out what the new terran unit added is, but I honestly don't care. This campaign is just too awful at the end.

Now for the Archive/Listing, there have been some changes:

- Huncraft has been archived with a new readme that simplifies the process of installing this campaign.

- The legend original has been added to the listing, unfortunately, all files are missing. There is however a playthrough of it and a link to the playthrough has been provided in the notes section.

- Starcraft 2: Annihilation has been removed from the listing. Starcraft 2: Annihilation is a starcraft 2 campaign that is not connected to starcraft 1 or broodwar in any way. Its presence on my listing is a legacy from the era when my spreadsheet was just a QA listing as back then it had campaigns for other games as well such as warcraft, command and conquer remastered, and others. All the entries not related to starcraft were removed long ago, I merely forgot to remove this as well.

- New youtube links for playthroughs of campaigns have been added; all of the playthroughs were made by DK. This includes
- Revolt of Korhal
- The lost worlds
- Huncraft genocide
- Unlikely allies
- Timeline

The next campaign up on my list is Tachyon. It's one of the most original and heavily modded campaigns ever made. However. at the moment it is currently unplayable due to missing critical custom command buttons. The original full version of Tachyon was found and I intend to use that to try and figure out how to make this playable. The first thing I'm going to do is disable data execution prevention temporarily and then use Farty's tool to try running the SEMPQ on every single version of starcraft that ever existed. Then I will see if the original SEMPQ has the missing command buttons. If they are present, I'll play the campaign on that version and provide the original SEMPQ. However, if the commands are still missing then I'm going to use the plot of the campaign to try and infer what the custom commands are supposed to be and make a firegraft with those missing commands. A separate thread would be made for that in the modding subforum.

edit: It turns out that 1.09b is the only version this works on..... and the missing command buttons are indeed present on 1.09b.

Edit 2: I have decided to delay the QAing of tachyon until after legacy of the confederation. The reason is that both the latter parts of legacy of the confederation and tachyon are the heaviest modded campaigns out there, but this does not apply for legacy of the confederation episode I. As such it makes more sense to start with legacy of the confederation.

Post has been edited 8 time(s), last time on Mar 13 2022, 7:03 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 14 2022, 1:07 pm C(a)HeK Post #184

Zincoshine
I have some custom campaigns, need something?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 14 2022, 2:43 pm by C(a)HeK.

Hello everyone, friends. You can call me Alexander. :)
Additional Story Series creator
Maps & Info - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/8yj1Y_ddxE9FIA
Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Mar 14 2022, 4:36 pm Zincoshine Post #185

Quote from C(a)HeK
Zincoshine
In order from top to bottom:
- Not in archive, not in listing
- Are you sure this is even a campaign? "DP maps" doesn't sound like a campaign name....
- Archived
- Archived
- Archived
- Not in archive, not in listing... Also, this is a mountain range in Russia :)

It would be nice if you could send me all the campaigns I'm missing. I'm shocked that you have so much. Why didn't you share them earlier?

Basically I am missing everything except starseige, fringe wars, and mind wars.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 14 2022, 4:42 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 14 2022, 4:50 pm C(a)HeK Post #186

Quote from Zincoshine
Quote from C(a)HeK
Zincoshine
In order from top to bottom:
- Are you sure this is even a campaign? "DP maps" doesn't sound like a campaign name....
- Archived
- Archived
- Archived
- Not in archive, not in listing... Also, this is a mountain range in Russia :)

It would be nice if you could send me all the campaigns I'm missing. I'm shocked that you have so much. Why didn't you share them earlier?

Ural is not correct the name of folder. There is 2 episode of Enslavers.
I don't know what is DPmaps, but there is 07-14 maps.
As soon as I remembered them, I immediately wrote.

There is it - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/V23YKlSUqXpVdg

Let me know when you'll download, I'll delete the link because I have little free space on yandex disk.

Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Mar 14 2022, 6:05 pm Zincoshine Post #187

Ok I've downloaded. You can clear it now :) I'll have a look at the files later. Thanks!

None.

Mar 14 2022, 7:35 pm Zergy Post #188

Quote from Zincoshine
Look like to be a campaign with some missing files. DP is for "Dark Purposes"

French map maker, not really active these days.

Mar 14 2022, 7:46 pm Zincoshine Post #189

Quote from C(a)HeK
There is it - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/V23YKlSUqXpVdg

Let me know when you'll download, I'll delete the link because I have little free space on yandex disk.
OK, "DPmaps" is "Ascension of Duran: Dark purposes". This campaign is already in the archive.... the fact that this campaign is provided here without its modfile raises a concerning question...
Do you have the mod files for these campaigns located somewhere? If they exist, I need them too :/

edit:
"concord" is palinchron concordance (which is on my archive).... and also without the mod exe. CaHek, are you really sure you don't have exe files hiding somewhere on your computer?

edit 2:
"Ural" is just enslavers - Dark vengeance. lol

Edit 3:
OK I have gone through all the files: There are two campaigns that have custom unit sounds and portraits in separate folders (and these files are missing). Those folders are most likely lost so while I will be able to QA the two campaigns, I will not be able to give a plot map relation score for them. There are also two other campaigns with missing files which are going to be thrown into the missing files section. Finally, two of the campaigns are in russian.

Latest changes:

- New War has been archived and put in the Russian language section.
- Rage of the swarm and Zergonipal have been archived and put into the missing files sections
- Betrayal, Assimilation, Beckoning of Destiny, Prelude to disaster, Rebel Factions, Capital Ruin, Chronicles of Van Fleet, Dotrs, Meteor Rain, and War of Tarsonis: Finding Stukov have been added to the pending review section.

I've had to reorder that section once again. Basically, the plan now is to review all of these newly found campaigns immediately. Originally I planned to review any unmodded campaigns found only after I finish all of the modded campaigns but my god, this is just way more than I expected could be found. 13 campaigns totalling at least 100 missions were just found!!! Some of the campaigns show a lot of potential as well. I can't wait that long to start playing them. Besides, I've only played the prologue of legacy of the confederation so far anyway.

Post has been edited 10 time(s), last time on Mar 15 2022, 8:52 am by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 15 2022, 12:00 pm C(a)HeK Post #190

Quote from Zincoshine
OK, "DPmaps" is "Ascension of Duran: Dark purposes". This campaign is already in the archive.... the fact that this campaign is provided here without its modfile raises a concerning question...
Do you have the mod files for these campaigns located somewhere? If they exist, I need them too :/
You can get it here - https://mega.nz/folder/ipRSGbwD#vNFtJp55spQqU7CbGRKHIQ

Quote from Zincoshine
edit:
"concord" is palinchron concordance (which is on my archive).... and also without the mod exe. CaHek, are you really sure you don't have exe files hiding somewhere on your computer?
No, I don't, sorry.

Also, I've found more files.
Perhaps, you need something.
I'll send some files that you need, not all.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 16 2022, 1:10 am by C(a)HeK.

Mar 15 2022, 4:12 pm Zincoshine Post #191

Quote from C(a)HeK
[quote=name:Zincoshine]

I hope you can send me the following zip/rar files as I am missing them:
- Assimilation
- Beckoning of destiny
- Capital Ruin
- Chronicles of Van Fleet
- Dotrs
- Prelude to disaster
- Rage of the Swarm
- Rebel factions
- Starcraft advanced
- Survivors
- TASSADARS ASCENSION
- The 5th order
- The Scion VI saga
- The renegade war part 1
- Zergonibal

Those zip files contain campaigns that I don't have as well as missing files for the campaigns you sent me earlier :)

Post has been edited 7 time(s), last time on Mar 15 2022, 7:28 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 16 2022, 1:10 am C(a)HeK Post #192

Quote from Zincoshine
I hope you can send me the following zip/rar files as I am missing them:
- Assimilation
- Beckoning of destiny
- Capital Ruin
- Chronicles of Van Fleet
- Dotrs
- Prelude to disaster
- Rage of the Swarm
- Rebel factions
- Starcraft advanced
- Survivors
- TASSADARS ASCENSION
- The 5th order
- The Scion VI saga
- The renegade war part 1
- Zergonibal

Those zip files contain campaigns that I don't have as well as missing files for the campaigns you sent me earlier :)

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/w3NyGA74aq8-KQ

+
Check ModDB site - https://www.moddb.com/search?q=starcraft&sa.x=0&sa.y=0
Check HiveWorkShop site - https://www.hiveworkshop.com/tags/starcraft/

Mar 16 2022, 7:07 am TheHappy115 Post #193

In terms of campaigns, C(a)HeK helped me find one with Starcraft: Wings of Liberty (on Starcraft 1 client). I looked briefly into your list and didn't notice it had a playthrough (but Starcraft Mass Recall has).

Link to google-drive with Campaign: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pHB7nMWejJJ5Tfg1vQFZ4nYOFXxhjE10
All the files listed are scx files (with the updated tab being txt files instead).
The first main file labeled google translated into: "[Star 2 Campaign Star 1 Version] Wings of Liberty.scx"

The campaign is in Korean and seems to require SCA2 Launcher to play. I'm not sure if translations are super important (but at least its based on SC2's Wings of Liberty Campaign which should make the mission objectives playable despite the language barriers.)

I was curious if you would eventually give this campaign a try. In terms of the progress of the campaign, I am unsure if it is still being work on or not but the last update noted was 5-14-21 (with the first update showing in 2-16-21). The missions also seem to only go to Hell's Gate (third last mission in WoL) indicating that the campaign itself may not be finished.

I'd be curious if anyone has information on this.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 16 2022, 5:13 pm by TheHappy115.

None.

Mar 16 2022, 10:39 am Zincoshine Post #194

Quote from TheHappy115
In terms of campaigns, C(a)HeK helped me find one with Starcraft: Wings of Liberty (on Starcraft 1 client). I looked briefly into your list and didn't notice it had a playthrough (but Starcraft Mass Recall has).

Link to google-drive with Campaign: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pHB7nMWejJJ5Tfg1vQFZ4nYOFXxhjE10
All the files listed are scx files (with the updated tab being txt files instead).
The first main file labeled google translated into: "[Star 2 Campaign Star 1 Version] Wings of Liberty.scx"

The campaign is in Korean and seems to require SCA2 Launcher to play. I'm not sure if translations are important super important (but at least its based on SC2's Wings of Liberty Campaign which should make the mission objectives playable despite the language barriers.)

I was curious if you would eventually give this campaign a try. In terms of the progress of the campaign, I am unsure if it is still being work on or not but the last update noted was 5-14-21 (with the first update showing in 2-16-21). The missions also seem to only go to Hell's Gate (third last mission in WoL) indicating that the campaign itself may not be finished.

I'd be curious if anyone has information on this.
I'll put a link to this in the work in progress section. Nice to finally see a Korean campaign.

Well I checked the zip files... sadly, the files in them are the same as the ones you provided earlier, which means the modfiles remain missing :( oh well, that's life I guess. The good news though is that thanks to you, I have 4 more campaigns to put on the archive :)

As for moddb and hive, They are really difficult to browse. Moddb mostly feature mods and Hive features warcraft III content, but there is some interesting stuff here..... I found two campaigns on moddb that aren't on my archive and I'll check them out. I found none on hive. In fact the only know starcraft custom campaign on hive is starcraft reincarnation (which is a very bad campaign that I QA'd just before the pandemic started) and reborn station.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 16 2022, 11:00 am by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 16 2022, 11:15 am Zincoshine Post #195

Latest changes:

- Betrayal has been archived and QA'd. It could have passed as a joke campaign, but gameplay and mapping issues in later maps made that impossible. Not recommended.
- Wings of liberty has been added to the WIP section
- The 5th order, tassadar's ascension, survivors, refounding of the dominion, renegade war, and new era have been added to the pending review section

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 16 2022, 11:25 am by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 16 2022, 11:26 am C(a)HeK Post #196

I can send you Russian forums as SEN, but I don't know if there are full campaigns there, you'll have to find out for yourself. So, do you need?

Mar 16 2022, 2:02 pm Zincoshine Post #197

I don't know Russian so I probably would not be able to find campaigns. However, I would appreciate it if you could open the first mission for "rage of the swarm" and tell me who made the campaign. It's shown in the map properties but it is written in Russian which my computer doesn't support so as a result I'm not able to read it.

None.

Mar 16 2022, 2:24 pm C(a)HeK Post #198

Quote from Zincoshine
I don't know Russian so I probably would not be able to find campaigns. However, I would appreciate it if you could open the first mission for "rage of the swarm" and tell me who made the campaign. It's shown in the map properties but it is written in Russian which my computer doesn't support so as a result I'm not able to read it.

Created by Elijahu, I copied from 1st Zerg mission.
However, this author is written everywhere.

ps. if you'll find more campaigns with rus text feel free to ask, I'll try to help as best I can.

Mar 16 2022, 6:19 pm Zincoshine Post #199

Latest changes:
- New era, meteor rain, and War on Tarsonis (starcraft advanced) have been archived and QA'd. All 3 campaigns are, as expected, extremely bad.
- Renovare and Emperor's path have been added to the listing under the pending review section (thanks Luis)

edit:
More changes:
- Prelude to Disaster had been renamed "Genetic Paradigm: The new breed" and moved to the missing files section since it turns out that Prelude to Disaster is just the prequel to Genetic Paradigm.
- Renegade wars has been given a conditional recommendation for those with the cartooned skin who are looking for a good laugh at a campaign so bad it's good.
- The available files for both have been archived.

edit 2:
More changes:
- The correct author has been added for Rage of the swarm
- Emperor's path has been archived and QA'd. Not recommended due to extremely boring gameplay for the first half of the missions and atrocious mapping in the second half of the campaign.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2022, 11:15 pm by Zincoshine.

None.

Mar 19 2022, 6:00 pm Zincoshine Post #200

Latest changes:

- Survivors has been archived and QA'd. This started off as a shockingly good campaign for it's time. The mapping is probably some of the best I've seen from 1998 and the first two missions were thoroughly enjoyable. The plot was almost the same as broodwar despite the campaign being released over half a year before broodwar was released. Unfortunately, the campaign abruptly collapses on the third mission with both the plot and the map triggers turning into mush. I had to abort my QA immediately. This is the fastest drop in quality I've ever seen in a custom campaign. It went from being like an Andrea Rosa campaign to being like an F-tier campaign almost immediately. Not recommended.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1221 >
  Back to forum