Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Hail To The King
Hail To The King
Oct 14 2017, 9:16 pm
By: m.0.n.3.y  

Oct 14 2017, 9:16 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #1




A COMPETITIVE KING OF THE HILL PVP GAME

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules Are Simple:

1. Each player controls a Zergling
2. Capture the Hill to earn points
3. First team to X points wins
4. Burrow your Zergling to Shoot an Enemy



INTRODUCTION
Set the initial game settings: Score to win, Allow/Prevent Auto-Targeting, Watch tutorial
Images



BASIC GAMEPLAY
Capture the Hill to earn points. Burrow your Zergling to Shoot an Enemy. Build a Reaver or Shuttle to Counter
Images



POWERUPS/DIFFERENT SHOTS
Shots act like weapon pickups. They spawn randomly on the map and in your spawn, pick them up to equip them
Images



MINIMAP
Custom terrain. There are 8 different Hill locations
Image










OVERALL

Hail To The King is a competitive PVP objective based game (unless you do Team Death Match Mode) akin to Snipers, or something similar. It requires a lot of micro and you have to be quick. Burrowing to shoot necessitates that you stop moving so you must balance shooting, dodging, and countering; all while trying to capture the Hill. PowerUps/SHOT act like weapon pickups and can greatly change the flow of the game.

I think it's my best yet, and it's a lot of fun when you get a group together. I'll gladly take feedback and bug reports here.

Overall, I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks guys!



Attachments:
Hail To The King 1.0.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 1658.01kb



None.

Oct 15 2017, 2:10 am Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Looks interesting, but I'd fix up that terrain. It's very blocky, especially the grass. I'd ask someone like Butch to help you out with that.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[2026-10-09. : 2:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[2026-10-09. : 2:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[2026-10-09. : 2:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[2026-10-09. : 2:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[2026-10-09. : 1:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[2026-10-09. : 1:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[2026-10-09. : 1:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[2026-10-09. : 1:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[2026-10-09. : 12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Symmetry, UndeadStar