Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: [Solved] Netflix content selection in Canada
[Solved] Netflix content selection in Canada
Jan 24 2014, 6:03 am
By: Apos  

Jan 24 2014, 6:03 am Apos Post #1

I order you to forgive yourself!

This is weird, when I use Firefox, I have access to less content than when I use Google Chrome (The selection is by far way bigger on Chrome!). For example, on Firefox, the series Leverage or the movie The Last Stand aren't available for streaming, but on Google Chrome, they are. Is it possible that on Firefox, I get the Canadian version of Netflix while on Google Chrome, I get the US version of Netflix???

On my Roku box, I have the same limited selection as Firefox.

(This was tested on two different computers. One of the computer was installed in French while the other was installed in English, therefore I assume the locale language doesn't change anything.)

Edit:
On Firefox:

On Chrome:

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2014, 6:50 am by Apos.

Jan 24 2014, 6:49 am Apos Post #2

Hmm... I decided to contact the technical support in their Live Chat. Apparently there is an app for chrome that bypasses the US servers. The guy said that the app causes them serious problems. It goes against their TOS. I asked if my account could get banned, but he said no such thing could ever happen even if I kept using it. He said I was the first person to ever ask about that.

In any case, best technical support ever, now we are apparently debating Firefox vs Chrome. :)

(Sorry for making a thread and resolving it myself... But perhaps my fellow Canadians will find it useful.)

Jan 24 2014, 7:58 am Generalpie Post #3

Staredit Puckwork

British Netflix is great too. Go against their TOS again to give it a whirl sometime :P

None.

Jan 27 2014, 6:21 am Apos Post #4

A friend of mine showed me a service that is currently free. It gives you an IP located in the country of you choice: https://unlocator.com/

Options
  Back to forum