Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: iPod touch jailbreak
iPod touch jailbreak
Jan 5 2008, 9:14 pm
By: omginbd  

Jan 5 2008, 9:14 pm omginbd Post #1

Ok, here's how it goes. I just recently bought an iPod touch, love it, however. I've heard a great fuss about jailbreaking it and I want to know if/how I should do it. Advice???

None.

Jan 5 2008, 9:51 pm Kow Post #2

Jailbreaking it? Like the reaming it in the ass kind?

None.

Jan 5 2008, 10:06 pm ToA Post #3

Que Sera, Sera.

Yes, do it.

You can add pretty bomb apps on it with it, but when the next update comes (macworld) you have to be ready to unjailbreak it and rejailbreak it and reinstall all the apps.

http://www.insanelymac.com is a better place to find out more info tho omginbd.

Jan 7 2008, 3:27 am Rantent Post #4

Quote from Kow
Like the reaming it in the ass kind?
Quote from ToA
Yes, do it.
:omfg:
Should have gotten the miniOne.

None.

Jan 7 2008, 12:46 pm Syphon Post #5

*Points and laughs*

iPod touch.

None.

Jan 8 2008, 7:36 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #6

What's so laughable about the iPod Touch, exactly?

Everybody knows the price and the storage size of the MP3 player before buying it. There aren't any suprises.
You may find it funny that somebody is buying a 16gb MP3 player for $400 (at least US), but in reality, what good does 64gb of space do if it's not being used? If the iPod Touch can do many things that a "regular mp3 player" can't, and if somebody feels that 16gb is enough and everything else is worth 400$, what's the problem?

None.

Jan 10 2008, 4:17 am Syphon Post #7

Quote from ~:Deathawk:~
What's so laughable about the iPod Touch, exactly?

Everybody knows the price and the storage size of the MP3 player before buying it. There aren't any suprises.
You may find it funny that somebody is buying a 16gb MP3 player for $400 (at least US), but in reality, what good does 64gb of space do if it's not being used? If the iPod Touch can do many things that a "regular mp3 player" can't, and if somebody feels that 16gb is enough and everything else is worth 400$, what's the problem?

Surf the internet over wi-fi? It's laughable that people actually buy them.

None.

Jan 10 2008, 4:27 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #8

Erm, great argument.

None.

Jan 10 2008, 4:29 am Syphon Post #9

Well? What else can it do that an iPod classic can't do? It's essentially useless for just listening to music, if I want to be on wi-fi all the time, and happen to live in mountain view, then I can see buying one. Otherwise, no.

None.

Jan 10 2008, 4:38 am Minority Post #10

I've got a wireless router, and if I still had my PocketPC, I would use it all the time. The PPC is broken, but my mum still uses the router to connect to the internet with her laptop. And I might get a wireless NIC to hook up to my desktop as well. Surfing the internet through Wi-Fi isn't that hard, and I might find it convenient to have Wi-Fi capabilities on my iPod (if I had one).

None.

Options
  Back to forum