Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Behavior attaching animation
[SOLVED] Behavior attaching animation
Feb 21 2013, 1:06 am
By: payne  

Feb 21 2013, 1:06 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I want any unit having a specific behavior to have a certain model (animation or whatever) attached somewhere specific.
The last time I did that, I had to create 2 individual events for every single unit's actor and it took years. I'm sure there is a faster way.

And while we're at it, that last time I did that, I attached the thing overhead, but the place I'd really want it to be attached to would be the butt (it's flames animation, representing a speed boost, hehe). What is the name of that attachment point? And is there a way to make it face the opposite way of the facing direction of the unit (or it's done automatically?).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2013, 2:50 pm by payne.

None.

Feb 22 2013, 9:23 am payne Post #2

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do that. Anyone mind sharing the knowledge?

None.

Feb 22 2013, 9:52 am TF- Post #3

🤙🏾

Check the Fungal Growth's actors until you find the one that attaches the model to affected units, then check the events and just copy that.
On the same actor you can see Host Operations (or a field called something like that) which defines where it's attached.

Chances are most units don't have a butt attachment point, so just attach it to the center like Fungal Growth, if the unit moves fast enough it will still leave a visible trail.

🤙🏾

Feb 23 2013, 11:59 am payne Post #4

Solved.

Created a BuffContinuous type of Actor linked to a PersistentSpellFX type of (Generic) Model (in which you select your Model, and set the Auto Scale value if you need one).
Set up your Behvaior-related Events in the BuffContinuous (Beh.x.On->Create, Beh.x.Off->Destroy).
Actor: Host Site Operations: SOpAttachOverhead, Host: _Selectable.

Pretty straightforward. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum