Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Ability links
[SOLVED] Ability links
Feb 15 2013, 9:22 am
By: payne  

Feb 15 2013, 9:22 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I've created certain abilities by duplicating others.
I realized that the cooldown links ("Abil/x") seem to have been kept from the duplicated form. I tried to change them to the new ability's name ("Abil/y"), but couldn't find that new link.

How do I find the name of the link created for the new ability I am using? (Because somehow, it seems like the 2 abilities are using the same link, but have 2 different values of cooldown that do not interfere with each other.)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 15 2013, 11:11 pm by payne.

None.

Feb 15 2013, 9:25 am TF- Post #2

🤙🏾

I think you're supposed to create it yourself, because it's an arbitrary value, same as markers.

Either that or your abilities' cooldown has its Location set to something other than "ability"..

🤙🏾

Feb 15 2013, 10:26 am payne Post #3

:payne:

How do I create it?
And what are "markers"? :/

None.

Feb 15 2013, 12:41 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
How do I create it?
And what are "markers"? :/
Markers create links between unit effects. But I don't know much about them. Mutalisk's weapon uses them with the "no markers" validator.

To create a link, you click the add button and add one, then select it.
Else, you could reset the cost field in the ability (right click -> reset to parent value -> first in the list).

Options
  Back to forum