Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Getting a computer to nuke
[SOLVED] Getting a computer to nuke
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 12 2012, 1:47 am
By: payne  

Dec 12 2012, 1:47 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Title says it all.
The unit the computer is using is a Ghost.

I tried giving a "Weapon - Nuke" cargo unit to that specific Ghost and ordering it to Nuke in a Region, but it didn't work.

None.

Dec 12 2012, 2:43 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Nuke uses a calldown effect. That is used in combination of an Arm Magazine ability that defines a calldown effect.

Then the nuke calls a persistent that basically does everything you need for a nuke.

So, you can drop nukes without having to build nukes somewhere else with the following modification:
- remove the requirement "has nuke" in the command section of the ability
- change the effect to "Ghost - Nuke (Persistent)"
- remove the suicide effect used somewhere in it (else ghost is killed)
- remove the launch actor (else, it's played at ghost)

Dec 12 2012, 2:59 am payne Post #3

Would this affect all of the Nukes?

I have a level where -players- are using Nukes.

EDIT: And I'd like to cast that Nuke via triggers if possible.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 12 2012, 3:12 am by payne.

None.

Dec 12 2012, 12:09 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Can't you just give the computer ghost academies and order them to build nukes?

When they are ready, you can order a Ghost to nuke a point with "Order unit" trigger action. Click on the "(" to change the type of the order.

Dec 12 2012, 11:38 pm payne Post #5

Quote from Ahli
Can't you just give the computer ghost academies and order them to build nukes?

When they are ready, you can order a Ghost to nuke a point with "Order unit" trigger action. Click on the "(" to change the type of the order.
Worked perfectly.

One last question: when the Academy that built a nuke is destroyed, is the Nuke destroyed with it?
(I want to prevent players that have built Nukes but didn't use it from using it in other levels by destroying their Academy.)

None.

Dec 13 2012, 2:02 am Ahli Post #6

Quote from payne
One last question: when the Academy that built a nuke is destroyed, is the Nuke destroyed with it?
(I want to prevent players that have built Nukes but didn't use it from using it in other levels by destroying their Academy.)
It should be destroyed with it. That's how it should work in melee...

Dec 13 2012, 2:52 am payne Post #7

Quote from Ahli
Quote from payne
It should be destroyed with it. That's how it should work in melee...
I never play melee. :awesome:

:lock: Solved :lock:

None.

Options
  Back to forum