- - - - - - - - - -

Map Description

Collapse Box

Game Mechanics

Collapse Box

Screen Shots

Collapse Box

Video Update Section

Post has been edited 17 time(s), last time on Mar 28 2012, 12:05 pm by Hennius.

None.

Mar 7 2012, 12:07 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Nice terrain work.
It catches Broodwar feelings :D

I remember this map from looking at the terrain only... :)

Mar 7 2012, 1:09 am Hennius Post #3

Quote from name:ahil
Nice terrain work.

I remember this map from looking at the terrain only... :)

Yeh. I've spent alot of time on the terrain.
infact heres a snap at the terrain from player angle.

Note:
The units are stackable for endless variety.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2012, 1:18 am by HenPortfolio.

None.

Mar 7 2012, 3:16 am Hennius Post #4

Uploaded new video showing off the placement system for units.
+ Stacking effect.

None.

Mar 7 2012, 3:30 am UnholyUrine Post #5

I'm more interested in the gameplay and I wish you'd elaborate on the mechanics.

How do the other team send units? Is this similar to Income defense, where sending units increases your income? If so, what d'you do to stop this map from having the same problem of people just pumping income to win, basically making the "Defense" part of the game irrelevant?

None.

Mar 7 2012, 4:38 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Nice terrain work.
It does feel like it was done with Rectangular terrain tiles. Me like.

None.

Mar 7 2012, 8:14 am Hennius Post #7

Quote from UnholyUrine
I'm more interested in the gameplay and I wish you'd elaborate on the mechanics.

How do the other team send units? Is this similar to Income defense, where sending units increases your income? If so, what d'you do to stop this map from having the same problem of people just pumping income to win, basically making the "Defense" part of the game irrelevant?

You've pretty much nailed it. That is the original concept for the map, Just slightly tweaked and converted to the new engine.
However the income system will remain the same for general ease of use purposes.
Please bare in mind this is still early days of the map and i've not had time to elaborate that much on the systems incorporated into it. But yes i will inclucde more details about how the mechanics work both in text and in a later video.
For now the key features ive just recently finished was 1) the terrain and 2) the unit placement.

Next priority: Unit income system. ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2012, 8:21 am by HenPortfolio.

None.

Mar 7 2012, 3:09 pm Hennius Post #8

Update:

-The units sent from teams to attack are now created using a command center as a level 1 set of units. The more units your team kills however will unlock later building structures to send more powerful and faster units but will cost more to run long term.
-Testing the addition of a choice system at the beginning allowing players to chose between terran,zerg and protoss style of player but using the same defence layout mechanics.
-Income payouts will occure every 30 game seconds and will be based off of vespene gas supply, For every vespene gas you have will convert to minerals at the end of the timer.
-Beginning units to be sent to opposite team will be sub 1 vespene gas payback, such as level 1 (cow) will be 0.5 payback for creating the unit whereas kill that particular unit will give you 0.25 payback.

Update:

- New video uploaded showing the new activation system for all players aswell as showing the kill to cash system in play.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 8 2012, 2:10 pm by HenPortfolio.

None.

Mar 22 2012, 6:26 pm Hennius Post #9

Looking for 3 testers on monday to help test my map to make sure all triggers are working before release.
Reply asap if possible.

Thanks muchly.

None.

Options
  Back to forum