Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
Mar 1 2012, 2:27 am
By: FatalException
Pages: < 1 14 15 16 17 >
 

Aug 11 2012, 7:57 pm BlueWolf Post #301



Yep, well, weekends at least. My days off rotate weekdays only because I'm the new guy.



None.

Aug 11 2012, 11:31 pm FatalException Post #302



Would it help if we started a few hours earlier, then? Does anyone else in the party have a problem with starting earlier?



None.

Aug 12 2012, 3:19 am Raitaki Post #303



Welp
Only if it's only 2 hours earlier or less, I guess.

EDIT: I mean I'll be ok if it's only 2 hours earlier or less :P



None.

Aug 12 2012, 4:29 am FatalException Post #304



In that case, let's try to do 2-6 instead of 4-8. I really need to start planning this session. >.>

Also, I'd like everyone to make some backstory for your characters. (Pieh and rockz, you don't have to because you already did, but more detail is always nice.)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 12 2012, 5:28 am by FatalException.



None.

Aug 12 2012, 5:17 pm Sacrieur Post #305

Still Napping

Whoo like 40 minutes or something. Maybe I should nap real fast...



None.

Aug 12 2012, 6:00 pm rockz Post #306

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

oh is this today? good thing I took a meganap last night. 14 hours I think. I'm going to edit my page during the game.

Also, the time is confusing, since as I type this it's almost 2:00 PM EDT, or 11:00 AM PDT



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 12 2012, 9:12 pm FatalException Post #307



Nonono, times are all still PST! We didn't start three hours ago. We're starting when you guys show up.



None.

Aug 12 2012, 9:15 pm Raitaki Post #308



As in me, FE and Pieh are waiting in roll20 right now while having lanch :awesome:



None.

Aug 13 2012, 10:48 pm FatalException Post #309



RECAP TIME

At the start of the campaign, we find our intrepid party at the tavern. Jaben Fobanks the gnome sorcerer (Pieh), Raitaki the elf wizard (Raitaki), and Red Vaga the halfling ninja (rockz) discuss the deterioration of the kingdom of Arion with a man named Cain. After a few drinks, they decide that something needs to be done about this regime, and what better way to start than a prison break? Armed with a grappling hook, a set of thieves' tools, and knowledge of the guard shift courtesy of Cain, our adventures set off to the prison before dawn the next morning. Through some creative barrel stacking, they manage to climb over the outer wall, and through some smooth talking and excessive force, they kill or incapacitate most of the guards inside. They escape over the prison wall with Cain's arrested friends in tow, as well as a druid named Tharion (BlueWolf), just as the alarm bells begin to ring.

The party returned to the tavern to meet with Cain the next day, and on their way, they find that news of their exploits has spread rather quickly. There are vague wanted posters spread throughout the district, and the town crier spent his day repeating the headline they made. Cain sees this as an opportunity to further undermine the credibility of the city guard and suggests that the group go do some good deeds. He tells them that farmers at a trading post to the south are always looking for escorts to help them through Bandit's Pass, a trail leading to the neighboring land of Silus which had become overrun with thieves and thugs since the Arion army withdrew from the border. As the party leaves the tavern, they are passed a note by a man who quickly disappears into the crowd, telling them to meet a man named Eric at the trading post.

The party heads south, and they find that Eric Auvyrett, a bounty hunter (Sacrieur), has a deal for them: help him acquire an artifact from a nearby cave, and be payed handsomely. The party accepts, as traders won't be attempting the pass until the next morning anyway, and sets off into the forest. Unbeknownst to the party, Eric was leading them into a trap. After liberating the artifact from behind a force wall, the party exits the cave to find themselves surrounded by city guardsman. The party dispatches the guards, but Eric escapes with the artifact, despite the best efforts of Red to track him.

Everyone gains a level! Hooray!



None.

Aug 14 2012, 3:29 am rockz Post #310

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I would have had him too, if I had remembered I could run faster than him, or if someone had entangled his horse, or someone had shot his horse down, or a certain gm prevented me from shooting 200 feet.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 14 2012, 3:49 am Sacrieur Post #311

Still Napping

The element of surprise is a great thing to have.



None.

Aug 14 2012, 4:01 am Raitaki Post #312



o where did da bagz o' c4$h cain gave uz go

Also I want that fireball even more now.

EDIT: Any suggestions on spells I should take, alternatively, Pieh what spells are you going to learn so I don't learn something similiar ;o

And are we in town, can I shop magic items, what is the availability of magic items wherever we're at, and can I sell my wand of detect magix and at what price :3c

EDIT2: Holy shit FE can I use this spell :3 :3 ;3

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 14 2012, 4:25 am by Raitaki.



None.

Aug 14 2012, 11:36 am rockz Post #313

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Sacrieur
The element of surprise is a great thing to have.
I wish you had've hit me. Then I wouldn't have assumed critical miss.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 15 2012, 5:34 am FatalException Post #314



Quote from rockz
I would have had him too, if I had remembered I could run faster than him, or if someone had entangled his horse, or someone had shot his horse down, or a certain gm prevented me from shooting 200 feet.
The max range you can make a perception check to spot something in a sparse forest is 180 feet. If you can't see him, you can't shoot him. >.>



None.

Aug 15 2012, 11:30 am rockz Post #315

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from paizo
Stealth and Detection in a Forest: In a sparse forest, the maximum distance at which a Perception check for detecting the nearby presence of others can succeed is 3d6 10 feet. In a medium forest, this distance is 2d8 10 feet, and in a dense forest it is 2d6 10 feet.
It's not like he disappeared suddenly.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 15 2012, 3:45 pm Pieh Post #316



Quote from Raitaki
Pieh what spells are you going to learn so I don't learn something similiar ;o

I have acquired the power to inflict Oppressive Boredom upon my foes (I got my 1st level 2 spell and a cantrip or two). Not much big for me this level, CHA went up to 18 so all my save DCs are up by 1. And more spells per day. Nothing super exciting.



None.

Aug 16 2012, 6:39 am FatalException Post #317



No session this Sunday; it's my last weekend home until December, so I'll probably be busy.

Quote from Raitaki
o where did da bagz o' c4$h cain gave uz go

Also I want that fireball even more now.

EDIT: Any suggestions on spells I should take, alternatively, Pieh what spells are you going to learn so I don't learn something similiar ;o

And are we in town, can I shop magic items, what is the availability of magic items wherever we're at, and can I sell my wand of detect magix and at what price :3c

EDIT2: Holy shit FE can I use this spell :3 :3 ;3
I assumed you headed back to the trading post, at which there are basically only farmers, so no magic items. If you went back to Thoraad, it's a pretty big city, so tell me what you're looking at and I'll see if they have it. As for the spell, you can use it.
Quote from rockz
Quote from paizo
Stealth and Detection in a Forest: In a sparse forest, the maximum distance at which a Perception check for detecting the nearby presence of others can succeed is 3d6 � 10 feet. In a medium forest, this distance is 2d8 � 10 feet, and in a dense forest it is 2d6 � 10 feet.
It's not like he disappeared suddenly.
All of this is true. That's why you were able to shoot at him at all the first time. Remember that the GM's always right.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2012, 6:47 am by FatalException.



None.

Aug 18 2012, 1:41 am BlueWolf Post #318



This weekend, again, I will not be able to make it on time. This time, however, I don't work Monday, so I'll be able to stay as long as possible. I'll join you guys around 5:30ish Pacific time



None.

Aug 18 2012, 8:52 pm rockz Post #319

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Good thing we're not having it tomorrow.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 18 2012, 10:14 pm BlueWolf Post #320



Wow, how did I miss that.. thanks rockz.



None.

Options
Pages: < 1 14 15 16 17 >
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:54 pm]
Ultraviolet -- :wob:
[12:25 pm]
Zergy -- :wob: (Hello there.)
[02:53 am]
lil-Inferno -- :wob:
[2022-8-10. : 6:09 pm]
Excalibur -- :wob:
[2022-8-10. : 11:20 am]
UndeadStar -- :wob:
[2022-8-09. : 9:51 pm]
Ultraviolet -- :wob:
[2022-8-08. : 4:18 pm]
jjf28 -- :wob:
[2022-8-08. : 2:07 am]
Ultraviolet -- :wob:
[2022-8-06. : 1:54 am]
RIVE -- :wob:
[2022-8-04. : 11:35 am]
UndeadStar -- :wob:
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, jjf28, Zincoshine