Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Metal Gear Solid/Rush Bound
Metal Gear Solid/Rush Bound
Dec 14 2007, 7:02 am
By: Dark_Emperor  

Dec 25 2007, 4:55 pm Dark_Emperor Post #21

Quote from NudeRaider
Range of ground units only: (all with range upgrade)
1. Sieged Tank
2. Reaver
3. Unsieged Tank, Ghosts (all)
So all of the Ghosts are same range? Like Kerrigan, Duran (Infested as well as regular) and everyone else?

None.

Dec 25 2007, 6:03 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

yes

Dec 25 2007, 6:04 pm Falkoner Post #23

It's just that some of them have worse AI than others, so they walk closer before stopping and shooting.

None.

Dec 25 2007, 6:19 pm NudeRaider Post #24

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Dark_Emperor
Quote from NudeRaider

1.) If you want a simple heal spawn a medic beneath the units and remove them after a short time.

But with this, couldn't I just set all HP for men owned by current player to 100%? ( I think that's the one, not sure though )

Quote from NudeRaider
2.) If you have a level system which keeps the units' hp below their max hp until reaching the last level (like 1. 100/1000 hp, 2. 200/1000 hp, ..., 10. 1000/1000), you would only have to "level up" that unit. That usually means increasing the DC which keeps track of the level.

If I used a level system, how could I set it up so that if the player gets a certain item to heal (medkit), then how could I keep it from leveling all the way up, and not just to a certain set level?

Quote from NudeRaider
If you have 5 sounds make a DC count up from 0 to 4 (5 values) and then reset to 0.
Then make 5 triggers each with the death condition but another value of the DC and - dependent on the DC - another wav which is played.
There's a total of 15 sounds that should play when a player dies (not all at once, but only 1 of the 15 would play), but there is 6 that would only play in certain parts of the map (boss fights), like, a certain boss fight if the player died, then it would play only one already selected sound, not at random, but if it was anywhere else in the map, it would be a part of the random 9 sounds. How could I play the sounds at random ( the main 9 sounds ), and then play the other 6 sounds ( only at certain locations ) but while negating the effect of the other 9? I figure if I set it up at a boss fight, it would a location that covers the area, and if you bring 1 Wep1 to location "Boss1" and die there, lol, thats sounds retarded, I know thats not how it goes, but I think I get the idea, but I don't know how to randomize the rest or to negate the rest from being played at certain times.
Man, its not like I wouldn't want to help you. But half of the stuff you are asking is so damn obvious. I kinda get the feeling you just shut off your brain because you know I give you an exact answer...
Please only ask what you can't solve for yourself.
Heal: Ofc you can set hp to full. No need to ask what you already know. But I got the impression you wanted a partial heal.

Level system: You would need a DC keeping track of the level. And whenever you heal the unit for example with a medkit or heal beacon you set the % of hp dependent on the DC. That means 1 trigger per heal method per level. And think of something when you want your heroes to level up. On levelup ofc don't forget to increase the DC and a partial heal (dependent on level) would be nice too.
Well and because you have full control over the DC the player won't be able to "level all the way up".

Sounds: add a condition that checks where the hero is. Then check a range of the DC for those locations that have fewer sounds. Like:
Brings 1 men to 'boss' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> PLay wav1
Brings 1 men to 'boss' / Hero died / DC is at least 2 / at most 3 -> Play wav2

Brings 0 men to 'boss' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> PLay wav3
Brings 0 men to 'boss' / Hero died / DC is exactly 2 -> PLay wav4
Brings 0 men to 'boss' / Hero died / DC is exactly 3 -> PLay wav5

Dec 26 2007, 3:40 am Dark_Emperor Post #25

No, the heal is only partial, I know how to fully heal a unit, and there are items throughout the map that would heal the players unit fully, but I didn't think of the partial idea until you brought it up, and on the wavs, I figured out for the boss parts, but how can I get the other wavs to play ( a random one would be selected then play ) thats what I wanted to know, the boss wavs would only play at a boss battle, but the boss wavs would have to negate the other ones, ( I could probably figure that out, not too hard I just need to know how to randomize the other stuff ) and no, I do know what I'm doing and stuff, I'm just miss-wording what I want to know apparently, but thanks again!

None.

Dec 26 2007, 10:17 am NudeRaider Post #26

Ok, sry, there was a logical error in the wav-triggers: When the hero dies he brings 0 men to boss. That means the game would play one of the other 3 wavs. But except for that it would have excluded the wavs the way you wanted.

So I already told you not to center the locations 'P1', 'P2', etc. onto the hero when its not at the playing field, which means when the hero is dead, the location will stay where he died. That means you can make the check vice-versa:
(That spares you to have 1 location per boss but you have to do the triggers for every player.)

Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> Play wav1
Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> Play wav1
... for all players
Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is at least 2 / at most 3 -> Play wav2
Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is at least 2 / at most 3 -> Play wav2
... for all players

Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> PLay wav3
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> PLay wav3
... for all players
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 2 -> PLay wav4
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 2 -> PLay wav4
... for all players
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 3 -> PLay wav5
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 3 -> PLay wav5
... for all players

Dec 26 2007, 4:30 pm Dark_Emperor Post #27

Quote from NudeRaider
Ok, sry, there was a logical error in the wav-triggers: When the hero dies he brings 0 men to boss. That means the game would play one of the other 3 wavs. But except for that it would have excluded the wavs the way you wanted.

So I already told you not to center the locations 'P1', 'P2', etc. onto the hero when its not at the playing field, which means when the hero is dead, the location will stay where he died. That means you can make the check vice-versa:
(That spares you to have 1 location per boss but you have to do the triggers for every player.)

Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> Play wav1
Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> Play wav1
... for all players
Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is at least 2 / at most 3 -> Play wav2
Comp Brings 1 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is at least 2 / at most 3 -> Play wav2
... for all players

Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> PLay wav3
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 1 -> PLay wav3
... for all players
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 2 -> PLay wav4
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 2 -> PLay wav4
... for all players
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P1' / Hero died / DC is exactly 3 -> PLay wav5
Comp Brings 0 boss unit to 'P2' / Hero died / DC is exactly 3 -> PLay wav5
... for all players
Ahh, I see now, thanks so much!

None.