Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: NaNoWriMo 2011
NaNoWriMo 2011
Oct 6 2011, 6:41 pm
By: Fire_Kame  

Oct 6 2011, 6:41 pm Fire_Kame Post #1

wth is starcraft

:D Its that time of the year again, where a bunch of people write 50,000 "novels" over the month of November! Although "national" is in the name, I can assure you that this is now a worldwide event!

Basic rules (by the site's terms):
You must start a new story, you cannot rewrite a story or continue one that you have already started.
You can have a writing buddy, for a combined total of 100,000 words.
You can plan/outline your story before November, but you cannot start writing until November 1st.
The 'point' behind NaNoWriMo is not to produce this great literary masterpiece, but rather to create a deadline (that is, the end of November) and stick to it!
More information can be found on their website: www.nanowrimo.org -- they have great writers resources and a great community, but the site is slow and bugged as hell for the first week of November, usually.

Who's participating this year? I am. I'm going to write a space opera! :awesome:




Oct 6 2011, 8:56 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I would read your opera.
I'd also enter if I have time. Hrm. Doubt I will but we'll see.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 6 2011, 9:47 pm RIVE Post #3

Just Here For The Pie

Never being much of a writer myself, I look forward to reading your entry. Good luck!



None.

Oct 7 2011, 2:54 am Sand Wraith Post #4



Maybe I'll BS 50 000 words for the Hell of it.




Oct 7 2011, 3:48 am Fire_Kame Post #5

wth is starcraft

Quote from RIVE
Never being much of a writer myself, I look forward to reading your entry. Good luck!
I don't know if I'd post my entry here.




Oct 7 2011, 4:32 am ClansAreForGays Post #6



Quote from Fire_Kame
Basic rules (by the site's terms):
You must start a new story, you cannot rewrite a story or continue one that you have already started.
Quote
I'm going to write a space opera! :awesome:
You are disqualified.




Oct 7 2011, 4:40 am Fire_Kame Post #7

wth is starcraft

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Fire_Kame
Basic rules (by the site's terms):
You must start a new story, you cannot rewrite a story or continue one that you have already started.
Quote
I'm going to write a space opera! :awesome:
You are disqualified.
I haven't started it
I have tried to start it
but I haven't started it.

You're allowed to plan and outline, but you aren't allowed to start writing the actual novel until november. Trust me, I'm completely legit.




Oct 25 2011, 1:08 am Fire_Kame Post #8

wth is starcraft

Final week of planning before it begins....




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[01:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Wing Zero, Roy