Terraria Servers and Suggestions
May 27 2011, 4:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jan 15 2012, 6:19 am Raitaki Post #41

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from Raitaki
Quote from CecilSunkure
Mediumcore is always enforced, and if you like I can ban voodoo dolls. I haven't taken any time to look into cheating with HP, so if you find some documentation on the Tshock website that would be great.
Ban voodoo demons too. I spawned WoF in shady's world by mistake by killing a voodoo demon while it was flying above lava :massimo:
I don't know if that's possible :(
Totally possible. If you kill a voodoo demon, and the doll it drops fall into lava even if you haven't looted it, boom, wall of flesh.
And that is not an uncommon incident either. I accidentally triggered WoF once, died, came back, and accidentally trigger him again. The 2nd time I killed TWO voodoo demon, and the 1st one happened to not fall into lava because I was standing right beneath the demon when it died.

None.

Jan 15 2012, 6:27 am Azrael Post #42

He meant that he isn't sure if it's possible to remove them lol.

Edit: If dynamite is on the ban list, you might also want to consider bombs and sticky bombs, especially since Bombs are an infinite resource if someone finds a Bomb statue. The 1.1 update made it so Bombs can destroy all the same tiles that Dynamite can. Keep in mind this isn't easy for me to say, since as some people know, Sticky Bombs are one of my favorite weapons to use :P The blast radius isn't nearly as big as Dynamite, but it's relatively easy to lob a pile of them everywhere to destroy an area with barely any effort.

Explosives as well perhaps, although they are harder to use than Dynamite and require wire, assuming you have the wire, it's ridiculously easy to string a bunch together to demolish a large area.

It'd be nice if there was a way to just stop these various explosives from destroying tiles, or the server detects when tiles were removed via explosion and instantly replaces them, then they'd be fine. Is either of those possible in any way?

Btw, since money means something more significant in this ruleset, you might also consider banning other statues which can result in easy infinite money tricks:

Bomb Statue.
Bunny Statue.
Fish Statue.
Jellyfish Statue.
Slime Statue.
Piranha Statue.
Skeleton Statue.

The Bunny Statue and Fish Statue can both generate money directly on Blood Moons, so should be removed anyways, unless you can edit loot tables of monsters (by removing coins from Corrupt Bunny and Corrupt Goldfish). Specifically removing all drops from enemies spawned via statues would allow all of these to not pose a problem (except Bomb Statue).

If there was a way to stop Bomb Statue from spawning Bombs, that'd probably be better, since I'm guessing there are some preplaced ones which will be generated underground in the map. I guess they could be removed by you ahead of time if you have some sort of map editor.

Alternatively, making it so items cannot be sold to NPCs would also make most of these statues fair, since they don't generate coins directly (except for Bunny and Fish Statue, which would still need something done to prevent direct easy afk gold farming).

I guess editing loot tables would be the ideal approach, since statue-spawned monsters seem to have different loot tables than normal variations, and Corrupt Bunnies and Corrupt Goldfish could also have their drops removed. It'd be nice to keep some of the drops intact (like Bunny Hood), not sure if it's possible for you to change the sell value of items though.

Still, not sure if any of that is possible. If not, simply banning the previously mentioned list of statues will solve any such problems, especially if all the ones created during world generation are also removed.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2012, 8:07 am by Azrael.Wrath.

Jan 15 2012, 8:41 pm CecilSunkure Post #43

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
He meant that he isn't sure if it's possible to remove them lol.

Edit: If dynamite is on the ban list, you might also want to consider bombs and sticky bombs, especially since Bombs are an infinite resource if someone finds a Bomb statue. The 1.1 update made it so Bombs can destroy all the same tiles that Dynamite can. Keep in mind this isn't easy for me to say, since as some people know, Sticky Bombs are one of my favorite weapons to use :P The blast radius isn't nearly as big as Dynamite, but it's relatively easy to lob a pile of them everywhere to destroy an area with barely any effort.

Explosives as well perhaps, although they are harder to use than Dynamite and require wire, assuming you have the wire, it's ridiculously easy to string a bunch together to demolish a large area.

It'd be nice if there was a way to just stop these various explosives from destroying tiles, or the server detects when tiles were removed via explosion and instantly replaces them, then they'd be fine. Is either of those possible in any way?

Btw, since money means something more significant in this ruleset, you might also consider banning other statues which can result in easy infinite money tricks:

Bomb Statue.
Bunny Statue.
Fish Statue.
Jellyfish Statue.
Slime Statue.
Piranha Statue.
Skeleton Statue.

The Bunny Statue and Fish Statue can both generate money directly on Blood Moons, so should be removed anyways, unless you can edit loot tables of monsters (by removing coins from Corrupt Bunny and Corrupt Goldfish). Specifically removing all drops from enemies spawned via statues would allow all of these to not pose a problem (except Bomb Statue).

If there was a way to stop Bomb Statue from spawning Bombs, that'd probably be better, since I'm guessing there are some preplaced ones which will be generated underground in the map. I guess they could be removed by you ahead of time if you have some sort of map editor.

Alternatively, making it so items cannot be sold to NPCs would also make most of these statues fair, since they don't generate coins directly (except for Bunny and Fish Statue, which would still need something done to prevent direct easy afk gold farming).

I guess editing loot tables would be the ideal approach, since statue-spawned monsters seem to have different loot tables than normal variations, and Corrupt Bunnies and Corrupt Goldfish could also have their drops removed. It'd be nice to keep some of the drops intact (like Bunny Hood), not sure if it's possible for you to change the sell value of items though.

Still, not sure if any of that is possible. If not, simply banning the previously mentioned list of statues will solve any such problems, especially if all the ones created during world generation are also removed.
I've banned explosives, rebanned piggy banks, banned sticky bombs, moved the spawn, and disabled Hard Mode. I don't want to ban the statues unless there's a need for it. A new medium world has been started.

None.

Jan 15 2012, 8:49 pm Azrael Post #44

We're starting with fresh characters, right? I deleted my previous one already so I hope so :P

The server is saying I need a password, but when I entered my previous user password, it says it's incorrect.

Edit: Thank you for resolving the problem so quickly, appreciate it! :D Getting on now ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2012, 9:12 pm by Azrael.Wrath.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum