Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Blizzard's Maps and Mods Page Now Live
Blizzard's Maps and Mods Page Now Live
Mar 24 2011, 11:55 am
By: Ahli  

Mar 24 2011, 11:55 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Blizzard's Blog
Much like our own universe, the StarCraft II community site is constantly expanding. We'd like to welcome you to visit our brand-new Maps and Mods page.

The Maps and Mods page will be updated with new features in the future, including details on official Blizzard mods as well as tutorials for various StarCraft II Editor modules. Whether you’re an aspiring map designer or a seasoned veteran with a few mods under your belt, our most recent StarCraft II Editor tutorial should help you take your mod making to the next level. The first entry covers ground on the Terrain Module, while our Map Publishing page will show you exactly how to get your content on Battle.net.
Source

They explained the Terrain Module here and created some good looking terrain. So the tutorial is worth reading. They also tell you some of the super useful hotkeys. Here is the link.

They also made a small tutorial how they explain how to publishing your map and mods. You can find it here.

Mar 25 2011, 2:20 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Awesome stuff, although I suppose I'd prefer it if all that was kept to third party communities like SEN. Meh.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 25 2011, 8:51 pm Lanthanide Post #3

Quote from Blizzard
Before we move any further, let's save the map. Unexpected events can cause you to lose your progress if the editor closes unexpectedly due to automatic updates forcing your computer to restart, electrical outages, and household pets accidentally unplugging your computer. Rather than blaming the electrical company for the loss of 5 hours of work, make sure you save often!"
Subtext: Our editor is buggy and might crash and kill all your work. Save often!

None.

Mar 26 2011, 11:38 pm NicholasBeige Post #4

Good start by Blizzard. But how about creating tutorials for the shit that's not common-fucking-sense?

The Terrain module is the simplest aspect of creating a map, you can learn the in's and out's of it in under 5 minutes. How about a data editor tutorial? Highlighting some of the 52 data types which we can tinker with. I'd be happy with a tutorial outlining Actors, or even just Actor Events... Sigh...

None.

Options
  Back to forum