Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: multiple unit collision
multiple unit collision
Nov 28 2007, 3:19 am
By: mistersquirrle  

Nov 28 2007, 3:19 am mistersquirrle Post #1

I'm making a map and my biggest problem right now is:
when the main unit comes close to another random unit running around I want the main unit to go off to the side of the map and another different main unit from a different location to be moved to a new different location with some enemy units and after the enemy units are dead the orignal main unit to go back to where it started, and the other main unit to go back to where it was before (the random unit thats running around is on junkyard dog so it doesn't get moved by the triggers)

sorry if thats a bit confusing
I already have a trigger set up that will work for a single unit, but I need more than just 1 random unit running around, and when I add more units when the main and the other units collide it doesn't do anything (because for the first one I have a location following it and when the main unit gets near the random one it does stuff ^_^) and I don't really feel like putting in about 100 locations to do one thing

I've been trying to look at some other maps that I know have that kind of stuff in and right now I'm looking at 'dodge the rapist' and I kinda understand how that works (using switches and things) and if all else fails I'll have to learn to use switches, but figured I post here to see if anyone could help... thanks in advance
if anyone wants me to try to clarify what I want to happen, then... O.o Idk ask and I'll try

here's a edit:
I've been looking at dodge the rapist's trigger and sorta reconfigured it to what I need but I haven't put it into my map yet (stupid huh? write it out but don't put it in the map, yay for me)
the "RAWR" is the trigger name and I'm sure you can figure the rest out:

"IN WORLD MAP"

CONDITIONS
current player brings at least 1 zeratul (or men) to 'world map'

ACTIONS
set 'in world map'
preserve trigger

"BATTLE"

CONDITIONS
player 6 bring at least 1 (unit) to '(player #) world party follow'
'in world map' is set
player 1 command at least 1 zeratul

ACTIONS
create 1 spy at '(player #) world party follow'
center location labeled 'fighting placer 1' on spy owned by current player at 'world map'
move all any unit for player 1 at 'world map' to 'world party area'
move all any unit for player 1 at 'party area' to 'battle area 1 p s'
create 2 zerglings at 'battle area 1 e s'
set 'battle ling'
preserve trigger

"BATTLE END"

CONDITIONS
player 6 brings exactly 0 men to 'fight area 1'
'battle ling' is set

ACTIONS
clear 'battle ling'
move all any unit owned by player 1 at 'fight area 1' to 'party area'
move all any unit owned by player 1 at 'world party area' to 'fighting placer 1'
remove all spy at 'fighting place 1'
preserve trigger

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2007, 4:18 am by mistersquirrle.

None.

Nov 28 2007, 8:22 am NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

On the first glance that should work fine.

So are there any questions left?

Btw. if you want to make maps you ofc need to learn how to use switches are or better yet death counters*. If you want to make good maps, that is.

* Death counters are a little complicated but have more powerful uses than mere switches.
Here is a link if you are interested.

Nov 28 2007, 7:53 pm who Post #3

Basically you want a trigger that centers a location around the main unit (in the world map), but only if he brings one to a larger location around the world map so it saves the main unit's previous location.
Then, if P6 brings a unit to the centered location, remove the main unit, and create another in the battle location (setting a switch or a DC), clearing the switch after the enemy is dead and recreating the zeratul at the centered location.
that should work, however you could also give the main unit to another player when it makes contact.

for that first trigger, add a condition if "in world map" is cleared, because if you have hypers, constantly preserved triggers can sometimes create lag.
You don't need to make a "spy" and center a location on it - the aforementioned centering trigger would work better.

None.

Options
  Back to forum