Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Getting a laptop
Getting a laptop
Nov 24 2007, 6:35 pm
By: MasterJohnny  

Nov 29 2007, 6:32 pm Kellimus Post #21

Dell == POS computers all around

Get yourself a Sony Vaio or something. I have an FS from about two-years ago, and it plays Doom 3 on the best settings with a bit of lag in areas with a lot of particle shit (fires, dust, ect...)

1GB Ram
80GB Harddrive
128 (or was it 256?)MB Nvidea GeForce 6000 (I don't remember what x000 exactly, cause my power supply burnt out cause of power fluctuations in my damn apartment)

It was damn good two years ago.

They don't make my type of laptop anymore, but I'd seriously go with a Sony.. Not because its Sony, but because I've seen other laptops like from Toshiba and Dell, and well quite frankly.......

They blow ass compared to the Vaio line of laptops from Sony

Mine cost about $1,200 in August of 05.... You can probably find a new Vaio to fit your budget.

None.

Nov 29 2007, 11:09 pm MasterJohnny Post #22

Sony Vaio sucks! they over price them and you still get crap!
Its about whats in the laptop

I am a Mathematician

Dec 2 2007, 8:02 pm Nai Post #23

You won't like this:
Get a macbook and bootcamp and run both mac and windows. Students get a discount
MacBook!

None.

Dec 2 2007, 8:04 pm MasterJohnny Post #24

Ian..uhh..matt told me about this..i considered this but macbooks are too costly..(why do macbooks cost so much?)

I am a Mathematician

Dec 2 2007, 10:20 pm Syphon Post #25

Quote from MasterJohnny
Ian..uhh..matt told me about this..i considered this but macbooks are too costly..(why do macbooks cost so much?)

Because Apple fanboys are idiots, and Apple knows it.

None.

Dec 3 2007, 5:32 pm Kellimus Post #26

Quote from MasterJohnny
Sony Vaio sucks! they over price them and you still get crap!
Its about whats in the laptop

And that's why my Sony Vaio Laptop kicked everyone elses laptop to the floor two years ago?

Go ahead and keep that mentality, and stick with your Dell POS :D

None.

Dec 4 2007, 7:01 am MasterJohnny Post #27

Yes
I will Stick with my dell Inspiron 1520, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2Gb DDR2, 256MB Geforce 8600M GT, 320GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive, Windows Vista Ultimate.

Only idiots, rich people, idiotic rich people buys sony vaio

I am a Mathematician

Dec 4 2007, 5:39 pm Kellimus Post #28

Yes
I will Stick with my dell Inspiron 1520, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2Gb DDR2, 256MB Geforce 8600M GT, 320GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive, Windows Vista Ultimate.

Only idiots, rich people, idiotic rich people buys sony vaio

Flaming people because of a different opinion, is rather pathetic.

And sorry, I'm not rich. And my laptop was the best about two years ago, I never said Vaios don't suck, oh no, heres the keyword: Now

Have fun with Vista and having no software run on it :D

None.

Dec 4 2007, 11:06 pm MasterJohnny Post #29

Nobody said i wasnt gonna dual boot with xp you cannot judge with factory os
If you think vaio sucks then why did you recommend it to me, I am trying to get a good laptop by price (obviously you thought vaio's are good dont change your statements)

I am a Mathematician

Dec 5 2007, 1:54 am Nai Post #30

MacBooks are expensive because they last. This is my 9 year old computer and it still works great.

On a side note I'm gonna get a MacBook soon.

None.

Dec 7 2007, 11:56 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #31

Ermm, just so you know, Mac Books haven't been in production for 9 years. :)

None.

Dec 8 2007, 12:00 am MasterJohnny Post #32

actually the macbook line was last updated in November 2007

I am a Mathematician

Dec 8 2007, 4:37 am Syphon Post #33

Quote from Kellimus
Have fun with Vista and having no software run on it :D

Everything runs on Vista just fine (read, better than XP) if you're not a complete dumbass.

Quote from MasterJohnny
actually the macbook line was last updated in November 2007

1 month != 9 years.

None.

Dec 9 2007, 3:30 pm Cheeseman119 Post #34

the problem with macbooks is that you can't customise em u have to get what it has
ide reccomend a Dell XPS or Inspiron =)

None.

Dec 9 2007, 3:56 pm Nai Post #35

Quote from Cheeseman119
the problem with macbooks is that you can't customise em u have to get what it has
No you can from the apple website. Why do people say things like that if they don't look.

None.

Dec 9 2007, 6:06 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #36

Quote from Cheeseman119
Yeah, uhh, what can't you customize on MacBooks that you can customize on any certain line of laptops..?

None.

Dec 9 2007, 8:47 pm Cheeseman119 Post #37

cuz i was gna get a macbook b4 i got this Dell and i clicked it and went staright to checkout i probly ASSUMED it srry :omfg:

None.

Jan 5 2008, 11:15 am Kyuubi. Post #38

toshiba is a pretty good brand, but i'm more into the specs of the laptop than the brand. i got mine for $650. 2.3 ghz, 120gb hard drive, etc...good specs to work with and it on sale, but it only had windows xp on it, but it was still pretty good.

i was also thinking of getting a macbook or ibook, but they are too expensive so i got a regular laptop instead. cheapest one is around 1,000 bucks. was thinking of getting a macbook because i wanted to do some movie making and stuff on it. macs are more for multimedia productions and stuff. dreamweaver, final cut, flash, 3ds studio max or animation software, etc... the software itself costs around $300 to $3,000. so yeah...way to expensive...

None.

Jan 13 2008, 1:32 pm dumbducky Post #39

Quote from ~:Deathawk:~
Quote from Cheeseman119
Yeah, uhh, what can't you customize on MacBooks that you can customize on any certain line of laptops..?
OS?

Also, just by looking in Best Buy Catalogs, I've noticed that Sony charges about 100~300 more for a simillar laptop as Toshiba does. I've noticed Toshiba has the best price, usually.

tits

Jan 13 2008, 6:08 pm Bianca Post #40

Get a lenovo *Pokes touch screen* :O!!! Touch screens are fun :P

Quote from Kyuubi.
the software itself costs around $300 to $3,000. so yeah...way to expensive...

You are a sad strange little person.. you pay for software? :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum