Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: George Bush is awesome. Enough said.
George Bush is awesome. Enough said.
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 1 2007, 2:16 am
By: GuN_Solar90
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1214 >

Sep 13 2007, 12:48 am dumbducky Post #181

Devilesk gets it. I don't bother you, don't bother me. Unlike some, he isn't going on and on about how Christianity is evil and God is dead and Christians are murders and on and on and on.

tits

Sep 13 2007, 4:07 am l3lack-l3ahamut Post #182

I'm coming into this debate a bit late, however now that it has become a religion in schools thread I must direct this back towards Bush.

My views towards Bush are of filled with anger of all sorts. As someone pointed out all of the things Bush has done to degrade the United States (Several Pages ago). My concern is with his Directive 51 which happens to be frighteningly close to Hitlers own Directive 51.

Note that this was released May 9, 2007: Directive 51

Basically what this does is if any catastrophic event happens any president from this point on can initiate this directive. By initiating this the executive branch gains control of all 3 branches and our democratic government becomes a Dictatorship where the president becomes the dictator. Bush himself wrote and legalized this directive.

Now what he defines as a catastrophic event is " "Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions"

Which given the opportunity if say something like Katrina happened again, this could be initiated.

I read most of the posts in this topic so I am not sure if someone already brought this up, but I think it is worth discussing.

And one last thing, a quote from Bush himself: Bush Quotes
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

None.

Sep 13 2007, 4:45 am GuN_Solar90 Post #183

Quote from AntiSleep
It is my opinion that if critical thinking(or philosophy lite) were a required class in high school, we would have a lot fewer problems as a country.

I don't know about anything on a country level, but a problem solving class or critical thinking would be excellent for helping students to understand what our country and the world's problems are and some ways that they can be rectified.

Vhaeraun. I didn't have time to read all of Directive 51 but from what I read it seems its just for emergencies to gain control when there is no time to assess the situation. This country is not a dictatorship.
And the last link is to a political humor site. Was that really a good idea posting that?
The quote was just a joke. Why can't the president make a joke he's just trying to show that he's relaxed and not stressed out or anything. That was a big mistake posting that quote.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 13 2007, 5:02 am by GuN_Solar90.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 5:53 am Sael Post #184

"Enduring Constitutional Government," or "ECG," means a cooperative effort among the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Federal Government, coordinated by the President, as a matter of comity with respect to the legislative and judicial branches and with proper respect for the constitutional separation of powers among the branches, to preserve the constitutional framework under which the Nation is governed and the capability of all three branches of government to execute constitutional responsibilities and provide for orderly succession, appropriate transition of leadership, and interoperability and support of the National Essential Functions during a catastrophic emergency;

Doesn't seem too scary now, does it?

None.

Sep 13 2007, 6:44 am Doodan Post #185

Last time I'm performing this courtesy. Use multi-quote from now on...

~Doodan

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from WoAHorde
How is this a "Christian nation"? There is freedom of religion, right? Or did that get destroyed with the Patriot Act?

Politicians, the president included, are basing their views and morals with their religion and their imaginary friend, god. The currency says "Under God", which is an insult to any non monotheistic person. In the pledge, children are forced to say "Under God", which wasn't the case 50 years ago. I can go on, this nation is obviously a christian nation. If not Christian, monotheistic.
Uh uh. The statements you made really don't affect anything much. The dollar could say "No fat chicks," but it doesn't really effect the economy because its still money. I agree there is some significance to it but its not relevant to military decisions. Decisions are not made based on religious beliefs. Thats a social issue, not a political or military one.

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from Falkoner
Well, since the nation was founded on the basis of religion, and you get to enjoy life there, I don't see how you have a problem with having to say 'Under God' a couple of times.
He doesn't even legally have to say anything. In school they make us stand up and keep silent though.

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from Wilhelm
The most patriotic Americans are not those who suck up to power. Who lie about poverty, sickness, the social ills of our time. Our founding fathers BASED THEIR REVOLUTION on the idea of improving the country they lived in.

What is patriotism? Supporting every war we fight? Supporting the actions of your favorite political party? No. Patriotism is supporting our country, not our military. What country will you have to support, even if we win this War, if there is a massive deficit, an oil shortage crisis, unemployment, illegal immigration, gang violence? You supported the war? You supported candidates who argued over nonissues? You got distracted from bigotry and discrimination in this country, but you supported the War?

Big deal.

But our military is PART of our country! And all that bad stuff you mentioned will never cause major destruction. We're a united superpower and we can't be brought down by such small things.

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from Falkoner
Well, since the nation was founded on the basis of religion, and you get to enjoy life there, I don't see how you have a problem with having to say 'Under God' a couple of times.

Do you realize that that bit was added as part of a cold war propaganda campaign?

More relevantly, I have a very big problem with asking children to recite a pledge of allegiance to ANYTHING. A pledge of allegiance is something that should be made voluntarily(not requested nor compelled) with a full understanding of the significance of the words. One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

If we were truly a nation with a foundation of liberty, we would have no use for propaganda.
Okay you can explain liberty, justice, and purpose to little children and have them decide. They will choose not to cite anything because then thats another thing they don't have to bother with.

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from WoAHorde
Quote from Felagund
Freedom of religion should be expanded to protect children from forcing them to believe in something as well, though that is only a fanciful idea.

I couldn't agree more. Thousands of children are being tainted with the God Virus daily, it's a real shame.

If the children have a future, and they choose to grow into someone useful to society they will learn. They will learn and decide their own beliefs. The comments the topic doesn't need are the people who don't care or just follow their family. (Which is not a bad thing by the way.)

BTW no idea how this multiquote thing works I hope I don't get penalized.

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from WoAHorde
Yes, parents forcing their religion on children destroys their freedom of religion.

No it doesn't. They have the FREEDOM to change to any religion they want to. You're talking about INFLUENCE.

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from Voyager7456
Nowhere did anyone say parents shouldn't be able to teach their children about religion. It was merely said that they should wait until children can actually understand the implications of what they're being taught.

I think the case against a pledge of allegiance is much stronger though, because that's almost like having children enter into a contract when they're too young to legally make that decision or have any idea of the meaning behind what they're saying.

So we shouldn't give American children citizenship either because they might not like American ideals or policies, right?

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from WoAHorde
Yes, parents forcing their religion on children destroys their freedom of religion.
O, and I guess you would like children to be taken away from parents at birth, given names such as 10201320 or 21230420, so that their names are not influenced by religion -- and they should be taught by computers to that religion doesn't influence teaching (O, wait a second, then there would be no history class, nor a chemistry class, nor a biology class) -- and that no opinions should be put on the child until they are old enough to make their own decisions. By the way, how old do you have to be to make your own decisions? Decisions are always influenced by something, albiet religion or history or weather.

Oh my God its a recipe for the Matrix. Destroy the machines!

None.

Sep 19 2007, 3:26 pm CookiesLikeWhoa Post #186

Quote from Vhaeraun
And one last thing, a quote from Bush himself: Bush Quotes
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

I don't get what's so scary about that? Honestly it would be, but the public and congress, and prolly Bush him self, would never let that happen.

None.

Sep 19 2007, 4:28 pm Kellimus Post #187

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Moo[/SIZE]

So, I put the "Moo" in there because frankly: I'm not going to go through that long ass list of your retorts...

I'm going to retort against your claims that he protected us during 9/11.

Alright. So you think he protected us during 9/11?

How?

By sitting in a classroom full of children for ten-plus more minutes after being told of the attacks?

By hiding away in underground bunkers, not even giving any orders to the people he should?

By ignoring the problem and letting it happen?

I choose the latter. There are WAY TOO MANY INCONSISTANCIES with 9/11, to make me think it was a "terrorist attack"

Was Perl Harbor really a suprise?

No, it wasn't. It was a way for the president to get us into a war with Japan.

How do I know this?

Because there is PROOF that we knew about the attacks, yet we did NOTHING about it.

Just like we did with 9/11.

Oh wait, maybe we did it ourselves....

I honestly do think we did.

Why in god's name would terrorists attack a building that just holds debt for massive coorporations?

And a building that is exempt from New York City Building Codes?

Mmmmm, I can taste the inconsistancies...

Oh, can't forget about how Dick Cheyney is/was CEO of Haliburton, one of the largest OIL CORPORATIONS IN THE WORLD.. And can't forget about how the Bush family is only in power because of, OH NO!

Oil.

Our two highest people in command have ties with OIL.

What is the only thing Iraq has had since THE FIRST BUSH that we want?

Oil.

We claim we went in for WMD, but have we found any?

No.

Then why are we still there?

Oh, that's right, good ol' Furhur Bush said it himself: "We're going to stay in Iraq to help protect Iraq Oil Reserves from the terrorists"

If terrorists wanted these Oil Reserves, they would already have them.

Invaded Iraq because Suddam was consulting with terrorists, wait no, we went in there for Weapons of Mass Destruction, wait, since we didn't find any, we're going to protect the Oil Reserves from the "terrorists", that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well shit. Since we invaded a sovereign nation and annexed Suddam's government with our Puppet Democracy (Which WE even drafted and wrote their constitution), wouldn't WE be the TERRORISTS and INFIDELS?

I really hate how stupid my fellow Americans are.

[/endrant]

But research about the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, The Illuminatie (I spelled it wrong, wtf ever), The New World Order, Skulls and Bones, and even check out a book that was written in the 70s: "None Dare Call It Conspiracy"

The book talks about shit that's ALREADY happened already, or IS happening.

And everyone thinks I'm crazy.....

Btw: Both Bush's and Cheyney were in the Skulls And Bones....

CEOs and Vice CEOs in Secret Societies?

And you retards voted for him...

None.

Sep 19 2007, 6:45 pm CookiesLikeWhoa Post #188

Take your tin foil hat off. Clinton had more to do with 9/11 than Bush ever will.

And if we were in Iraq for oil, why the heck are our gas prices still so high?

None.

Sep 20 2007, 8:30 am AntiSleep Post #189

Quote from CookiesLikeWhoa
Because we did not go into iraq for the oil supplies, but for the control thereof. The oil companies want oil to be expensive, just not so expensive that people invest in alternate sources of energy.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 4:39 pm Kellimus Post #190

Take your tin foil hat off. Clinton had more to do with 9/11 than Bush ever will.

Quit sucking the tit of the mother sheep and realise Bush SR. had EVERYTHING to do with Iraq.

Kk, thx.

Quote from AntiSleep
Because we did not go into iraq for the oil supplies, but for the control thereof. The oil companies want oil to be expensive, just not so expensive that people invest in alternate sources of energy.

Boom.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 11:16 pm CaptainWill Post #191

Because the economy is going down the drain. Also, the insurgency has seriously messed with Iraq's oil-producing capabilities, not to mention the fact that OPEC hates the US and is exerting upwards pressure on oil prices.

If one of the reasons for going to war in Iraq was oil, then the leadership of the US are even more stupid than they seem.

None.

Sep 21 2007, 3:10 pm CookiesLikeWhoa Post #192

Quit sucking the tit of the mother sheep and realise Bush SR. had EVERYTHING to do with Iraq.

Kk, thx.

Ah ignorance is bliss. You really think congress would have allowed that then?

Boom.[/QUOTE]

Oil company's have some of the lowest profit margins of any company in the world. Something around 10%.
Quote from washingtonpost
Exxon Mobil's gross margin of 9.8 cents of profit for every dollar of revenue pales in comparison to Citigroup Inc.'s 15.7 cents in 2004. By percentage of total revenue, banking is consistently the most profitable industry in America, followed closely by the drug industry.

Altria Group, the maker of Marlboro and other cigarettes, made 22 cents for every dollar of revenue in 2004, and pharmaceutical company Merck made 25.3 cents for every dollar of revenue in 2004.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/27/AR2005102702399.html

None.

Sep 21 2007, 11:10 pm AntiSleep Post #193

Oil company's have some of the lowest profit margins of any company in the world. Something around 10%.

In the commodity market(when you cannot charge a premium for brand name), 10% is NOT piddling, 5% is normal, even wal-mart is under 4%.

Demand for gasoline is not very elastic, they can artificially inflate prices even with small cuts in production.

None.

Sep 21 2007, 11:13 pm AntiSleep Post #194

A better measure would be annual return on investment, because profit margins mean nothing without taking into account capital.

None.

Sep 22 2007, 1:37 am CaptainWill Post #195

A 10% profit margin in such a high revenue industry is a hell of a lot of profit. An advertising company gets a contract from a business to make adverts and gets a 60% profit margin. That's a lot, right? Not really - it's just one contract so they're not making a huge amount of profit in total, and it will take a lot of time and work to complete that contract.

Then you have an oil company which is selling thousands of barrels of oil per day. A barrel of oil is currently $75 - so that's $7.50 per barrel. I think you can see that 10% makes oil a highly profitable industry.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 1:43 am GuN_Solar90 Post #196

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from GuN_Solar90
Moo[/SIZE]

So, I put the "Moo" in there because frankly: I'm not going to go through that long ass list of your retorts...

How?

By sitting in a classroom full of children for ten-plus more minutes after being told of the attacks?

By hiding away in underground bunkers, not even giving any orders to the people he should?

I choose the latter. There are WAY TOO MANY INCONSISTANCIES with 9/11, to make me think it was a "terrorist attack"

How do I know this?

Because there is PROOF that we knew about the attacks, yet we did NOTHING about it.

Why in god's name would terrorists attack a building that just holds debt for massive coorporations?

Oh, can't forget about how Dick Cheyney is/was CEO of Haliburton, one of the largest OIL CORPORATIONS IN THE WORLD.. And can't forget about how the Bush family is only in power because of, OH NO!

Oil.

Oil.

No.

Oh, that's right, good ol' Furhur Bush said it himself: "We're going to stay in Iraq to help protect Iraq Oil Reserves from the terrorists"

Invaded Iraq because Suddam was consulting with terrorists, wait no, we went in there for Weapons of Mass Destruction, wait, since we didn't find any, we're going to protect the Oil Reserves from the "terrorists", that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well shit. Since we invaded a sovereign nation and annexed Suddam's government with our Puppet Democracy (Which WE even drafted and wrote their constitution), wouldn't WE be the TERRORISTS and INFIDELS?

[/endrant]

But research about the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, The Illuminatie (I spelled it wrong, wtf ever), The New World Order, Skulls and Bones, and even check out a book that was written in the 70s: "None Dare Call It Conspiracy"

Do you listen to yourself? So you're saying we're stealing oil and Bush has this conspiracy plan that he ordered the destruction of the WTC to go to war to steal oil and he's profiting from it with the VP from the Haliburton Corporation. I don't take your post seriously because the ideal of it is extremely far fetched and because you put so many spaces like its a movie on YouTube or something... History Channel proved this incorrect with their 9/11 Conspiracies show thats on from time to time I suggest you rent it.

Quote from AntiSleep

We didn't steal any oil from Iraq. That kind of drilling equipment would be noticed. Its really starting to agitate me that people think we steal oil from Middle Eastern nations, especially when people from foreign countries say that.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 2:49 am AntiSleep Post #197

No, but we did do a pretty damn good job at preventing them from exporting oil, which was probably the objective all along.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 5:33 pm Kellimus Post #198

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from GuN_Solar90
Moo[/SIZE]

How?

How do I know this?

Oil.

Oil.

No.

[/endrant]

Do you listen to yourself? So you're saying we're stealing oil and Bush has this conspiracy plan that he ordered the destruction of the WTC to go to war to steal oil and he's profiting from it with the VP from the Haliburton Corporation. I don't take your post seriously because the ideal of it is extremely far fetched and because you put so many spaces like its a movie on YouTube or something... History Channel proved this incorrect with their 9/11 Conspiracies show thats on from time to time I suggest you rent it.

Quote from AntiSleep

We didn't steal any oil from Iraq. That kind of drilling equipment would be noticed. Its really starting to agitate me that people think we steal oil from Middle Eastern nations, especially when people from foreign countries say that.

And did you go and research ANY of the things I listed off here:

More then likely, not.

Because you're too close-minded and think that I'm fabricating everything.

Research them all, and you'll see how they tie into everything since the late 1800's.

Too many inconsistancies give me reason to look into them, and I've researched everything and have came up with my conclusions. I'm sorry you're not open-minded enough to do the same :(

None.

Sep 25 2007, 5:36 pm Kellimus Post #199

Oh, and if you research the Skull and Bones, you'll notice how both Bush's of the Bush family, and Cheyney were in it.

And you'll also learn that the Skull and Bones are linked up with a bunch of nasty events.

And if you knew anything about the Bush familia, you'd know that Bush Grandpa (Bush SR's father) struck it rich in Texas because of Oil.

Hmm.. Both Bush's declared war on Iraq when they were in the presidency.. Iraq has Oil... The Bush familia is rich because of Oil... Hmm......

But I'm just a "conspiracy theorist" and I'm fabricating everything :rolleyes:

None.

Sep 26 2007, 3:03 am PwnPirate Post #200

Oh, and if you research the Skull and Bones, you'll notice how both Bush's of the Bush family, and Cheyney were in it.

And you'll also learn that the Skull and Bones are linked up with a bunch of nasty events.

And if you knew anything about the Bush familia, you'd know that Bush Grandpa (Bush SR's father) struck it rich in Texas because of Oil.

Hmm.. Both Bush's declared war on Iraq when they were in the presidency.. Iraq has Oil... The Bush familia is rich because of Oil... Hmm......
Your whole argument can only be accounted up to a moderate case of magical thinking.
There's no proof of any of this, they are just vague connections which cannot be used as defense in an argument.
Sure it's possible, but until it's proven you can't use it as if it's valid.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1214 >
  Back to forum