Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: [UMS] Zillion Zerglings
[UMS] Zillion Zerglings
Nov 12 2010, 11:33 pm
By: Ghoustine  

Nov 12 2010, 11:33 pm Ghoustine Post #1

I present to the world of Starcraft, the first version (0.1) of Zillion Zerglings.

In this Melee-esque game, you will defend from an infinite onslaught of zillions of zerglings. Each level will begin after a timed preperation period. The faster a level is finished, the more minerals you will be given. Recommended Players: 1-14

I like to work on things at my leisure, so please be patient concerning improvements and fixes.

Changes (Not A Complete List):

Team killers will now be given a warning upon their first team kill (this unit will be refunded unlike self-killed units).

Talents added to counter exponential changes in difficulty.

Harvesters are now prioritized higher.

Now for the eye candy you've all been waiting for:

Loading screen (thanks to Vanished)

[imghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2783/screenshot2010111417481.jpg[/img]
Hellion fortress should be formidable...
Notice that you have the option to vote to skip the timer; since minerals are awarded per second, you will recieve these when a successful vote occurs.

Holds up well so far.

Okay well maybe not.

Savvy Samaritan is a selectable talent. You get an extra civilian each round that you should protect. Minerals are awarded at the end of each round depending on how many survive. :)

Marines behind buildings make a great defense!

At the end of each round, you are given minerals based on how quickly you completed a level.

Vespene is awarded based upon kills. Gas Hog is a selectable talent that allows you to regenerate gas inbetween rounds. Talents and kills are the only methods to get gas.

Supply depots don't last very long without the armor upgrade.

Medic!

We barely survived the last round, this is probably the end.

Alas, farewell courageous marines.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Nov 15 2010, 8:21 am by Ghoustine.

None.

Nov 12 2010, 11:35 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Ghoustine
I present to the world of Starcraft, the first version (0.1) of Zillion Zerglings.

In this Melee-esque game, you will defend from an infinite onslaught of zillions of zerglings. Each level will begin after a timed preperation period. The faster a level is finished, the more minerals you will be given. Recommended Players: 1-14

I like to work on things at my leisure, so please be patient concerning improvements and fixes.

Changes (Not A Complete List):

Team killers will now be given a warning upon their first team kill (this unit will be refunded unlike self-killed units).

Talents added to counter exponential changes in difficulty.
Sounds like 1 Billion Zerglings from Starcraft 1, but should be challenging all the same. Any screenshots?

Oh yeah, welcome to SEN!

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 12 2010, 11:44 pm UnholyUrine Post #3

Couldn't you just make it so that you can't attack teammates? I'm sure there's a way to do it because i've seen it before.

Also.. what are Talents.

Finally.. it'd be best to upload a screenshot :D .. but at least upload your map so we can play what you're trying to showcase :\

and of course:
Welllcome my Chiiillld

None.

Nov 13 2010, 12:35 am Ghoustine Post #4

Oh yes. Could someone take an ingame screenshot for me perhaps? Hellllo!

None.

Nov 13 2010, 12:45 am Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

You can take screenshots ingame yourself by hitting Shift-PrintScreen. The PrintScreen button is normally at the top right of your keyboard. Then upload to an image hosting site like tinypic.com, and post on here using the [img] tag.

Is this the same map http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627979291?page=1 ?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 13 2010, 3:04 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Jack
You can take screenshots ingame yourself by hitting Shift-PrintScreen. The PrintScreen button is normally at the top right of your keyboard. Then upload to an image hosting site like tinypic.com, and post on here using the [img] tag.

Is this the same map http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627979291?page=1 ?
We need to press Shift? It always worked with just PrintScreen for me :O

None.

Nov 15 2010, 6:08 am Ghoustine Post #7

This fortress is unstoppable.

Wait... overlords? Not fair.

I saw this in a movie once.

The rounds alternate a few interesting patterns, some more difficult than others.

Factory versus 1 zillion zerglings. Game.

3199 out of 3200. One more zergling! Come on guys. Destroy it already.

Planetary fortresses are unstoppable because you can repair them... or so they say.

Pretty colors.

The mighty fortress has fallen.

Micro for the win?

And no... lifted buildings will not save you from the defeat triggers.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 15 2010, 8:24 am by Ghoustine.

None.

Nov 15 2010, 6:14 am payne Post #8

:payne:

Ghoustine, your images aren't displaying because you haven't taken the link named "Direct Link".
Notice: at the end of all your image links' extensions, there's a slash (which means it's a page and not an image).

Now that's the Unstoppable Fortress, for example. ^^

Btw, this image really makes me think of a SC1 map named "Bubble Defense"... one of the very few Defense maps I actually liked. :)

None.

Nov 15 2010, 8:24 am Ghoustine Post #9

Thanks. I fixed it.

None.

Options
  Back to forum