Staredit Network > Forums > GalaxyWiki Project > Topic: Efforts == Worth!
Efforts == Worth!
Oct 24 2010, 4:17 am
By: payne  

Oct 24 2010, 4:17 am payne Post #1

:payne:

First of all, congratulation, we have reached 80 total wikis!

Secondly, I noticed something pretty motivating recently: the number of views of our wikis is actually much higher than I expected it to be!
I haven't checked all the pages, but here's the one that had the most views: http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/3rd_Person_Camera_%28StarCraft_II%29 ... 1325 views!

Our Main Page has been viewed over 6000 times, the "complete list", over 500.

One thing that deceived me a bit is that our second article the most viewed, General Tips, is kind of lacking content. I believe it'd be greatly relevant that we try to get a bit more informations in there!

None.

Oct 24 2010, 4:43 am Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

Hrrm. I actually thought very little of these efforts... but I suppose your enthusiasm and hard work has paid off. Kudos, and good luck. Maybe try to publicize the wiki itself, and not SEN as a whole?

None.

Oct 24 2010, 6:29 pm NicholasBeige Post #3

I am not sure I entirely understand your post, Centreri. But my personal view would be to keep the Wiki and the SEN/community/forums completely integrated. This way, as people come to the Wiki for information they become aware of SEN. Then the community base grows. Vice Versa. If people come to the forums looking for assistance, it would be ideal that we can just point them to a comprehensive wiki article which solves their problem - instead of having a long thread devoted to solving one persons incompetence ;).

But yeah, I am surprised by the views the wiki is achieving. I would not consider it to be that complete... but hell, if people are using it, it's motivation to keep writing it!

None.

Oct 25 2010, 2:59 am payne Post #4

:payne:

I just found out the Special pages.

According to the Statistics one ( http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Special:Statistics ), we've just reached our 1000th edits of the wiki! :awesome:
This also confirms the most viewed wiki. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum