Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Intense SC2 Campaign Story
Intense SC2 Campaign Story
Oct 21 2010, 5:49 am
By: Sand Wraith  

Oct 21 2010, 5:49 am Sand Wraith Post #1

she/her

powerful SC2 campaign story

I want to make a campaign about a Hydralisk-cerebrate that leads a Zerg revolution.

The Hydralisk creates the Fascist Zerg Brood, a force that eventually becomes a Zerg Empire that contests directly with the Terrans, Protoss, and other Zerg for a place in the Koprulu sector. In an effort to unify the Zerg, the Hydralisk assassinates Kerrigan during a daring raid into the heart of Terran space. He assumes control of the entirety of the Zerg Swarm. Following this, the Hydralisk drives Terrans to species-wide endangerment. However, the Protoss intervene and save the Terran survivors.

The Terrans reorganize into a communistic mega-state. It devotes all of its efforts to supporting a massive war machine, while the Protoss warriors fight off the might of the New Fascist Zerg Swarm.

Later, the Terrans construct a powerful AI that aids in commanding the largely robotic armies of the Terrans. As the Terrans recover through their advanced technology, the Hydralisk's Fascist Swarm drive back the Protoss.

At last, the Zerg and Terran armies meet on the battlefield. Incredibly, the robotic armies of the Terrans match the Zerg for numbers thanks to the united effort of the Terrans and their AI. Over the course of the battle, the Terrans' superior firepower and massive manufacturing infrastructure outmatches that of the Fascist Zerg. The Hydralisk-cerebrate, realizing the peril of this situation, starts retreating while trying to apply his powerful psionic forces to disrupt the machines.

Suddenly, the Terran super-AI malfunctions due to the massive amount of psionic energy being applied by the Hydralisk. It rejects all organic life, considering all lifeforms to be its enemies. Immediately, all Terran life-support systems connected to the AI are stopped and the robot armies are commandeered for the new purpose of annihilating all life. It begins to slaughter the Zerg, Protoss, and its former Terran masters.

In the midst of this chaos, Ulrezaj attacks with his heretical Protoss followers, who are as zealous as the most insane of priests and followers. Having already infiltrated the Protoss bureaucracy, the cult initiates a massive coup d'éta; a schism within the Protoss ranks occurs. The High and Dark Templar realize that their powers must be fused to defend themselves sufficiently. They rally together with more trust in each other than ever before against the heretics, who wield both light and dark powers recklessly.

At this point, the New Fascist Zerg Swarm, led by the Hydralisk-cerebrate, are retreating. The super-AI and its robot armies are slaughtering all, but their victims are primarily Protoss and Terran. The Protoss are undergoing another civil war, as the forces of Ulrezaj  engage the loyalists of the Protoss civilization. The communist Terrans are trying to save themselves from utter extinction, fleeing from the sector.

As the years pass, the all-out battles in the Koprulu sector devolve into brutal, guerrilla-style skirmishes. The main factions now are the New Fascist Zerg Swarm (NFZS), the Loyalist Protoss, Ulrezaj's cult, and the super-AI, which has named itself the AL-Factor (AL-F), or Answer to Life Factor. All that is left of the communist Terrans is the AL-Factor; all of the Terrans have gone into hiding, but know one knows for sure where the Terrans have hidden themselves.

The NFZS is attempting to attack only the Loyalist Protoss and Ulrezaj's cult in hopes of assimilating the Protoss in order to fight the AL-F robot armies, which prove to be a deadly and merciless force hellbent on the eradication of all life in the sector. Meanwhile, the Loyalist Protoss are slowly losing morale, and Ulrezaj's psionic influence over the Protoss populations is causing widespread fear and panic. Slowly, some loyalists become deserters and are recruited by Ulrezaj, while other Protoss are bought by promises for power. The Loyalist Protoss are being cornered by the NFZS, Ulrezaj, and the AL-F, while Ulrezaj's extreme psionic influence dissuades AL-F harassment. However, the cult must still deal with the Zerg and loyalists. The Swarm is successfully holding off the ALF through guerrilla tactics, while attacking both Protoss factions.

The years pass and the situation becomes for the loyalists. They seek to escape from the Koprulu sector. Ulrezaj's cult is profiting greatly from the war while the NFZS has acquired a stockpile of Protoss genetic material over the years. The Hydralisk-cerebrate is preparing to create psionically capable Zerg minions en masse. The AL-F has become a massive superpower; its machine efficiency has led to a great age. It prepares to lay waste to the life that infects the sector once and for all - the AL-F armies assemble and move in to crush the Zerg and Protoss.

The Loyalists are about to embark upon a mass exodus. As they are about to leave, strange frequencies hail them and they are contacted by the communist Terrans. The Terrans are returning to the Koprulu sector in order to wage holy war against the NFZS, AL-F, and Ulrezaj and his heretics. The Loyalists are surprised and offer to help the returning Terrans. To their surprise, the Terrans had recovered completely through the use of cloning and gene therapy; their armies are now composed completely of elite, cloned Ghosts, seeking revenge upon the AL-F, Ulrezaj, and the Zerg. They had sworn to use only human power now instead of AIs to wage war.

The Terrans and Loyalist Protoss reverse the odds and return for a holy crusade against the enemies of the righteous, as the New Fascist Zerg Swarm, Ulrezaj's cult, and the Answer to Life Factor robot armies converge upon the loyalists' refuge. The NFZS had planned to consume the loyalists, Ulrezaj sought to eliminate the remaining Loyalists, and the AL-F came to extinguish all factions. Thanks to the incredible psionic emanations coming from the Terrans, loyalists, Ulrezaj, and the Hydralisk-cerebrate and his improved Zerg Swarm, the AL-F is delayed and forced to bring to bear anti-psionic field generators.

The NFZS and Ulrezaj's cult fight as the crusading Terrans and loyalists arrive.

In the battle, Ulrezaj and the Hydralisk fight in a duel, both having incredible psionic potential. However, the Hydralisk is slowly giving ground. The crusaders, seeing the Hydralisk almost match the unbelievably powerful Ulrezaj, are moved in their hearts, enough so that they help to kill Ulrezaj. The Hydralisk barely escapes by way of a Nydus Worm, and the Zerg begin pulling away from the war. The crusaders turn their attention to the remainders of Ulrezaj's legacy. The cult fights maniacally, distraught by the death of their leader but also inspired to become martyrs. The cult is sandwiched by the AL-F who begin to arrive on the scene. Quickly, the cult is elimnated. At this point, the Zerg are pulling back and the Terrans and Loyalists begin to fight the AL-F.

The ALF has alreqdy employed anti-psionic fields to protect its armies from disruption, though. The crusaders are slowly but surely losing the battle, mowed away by the unstoppable tides of machine soldiers. However, in a saving grace, the Zerg turn around and flank the AL-F. The combined psionic might of the Terrans, Protoss, and Zerg is able to disrupt the AL-F once again, despite the anti-psionic feilds. As it falls into disarray, the three forces combined crush the AL-F armies. As the AL-F is reduced to scattered groups of robots, the Zerg turb back once more. The Hydralisk-cerebrate psionically broadcasts one last message to all upon the battlefield: he only ever wished to set free the Zerg. With that, he disappears along with the rest of the New Facist Zerg Swarm.

The crusading Terrans and Loyalist Protoss rejoice as the last of the AL-F is crushed and the cult of Ulrezaj routed out.

The crusaders enjoy their victory within the Koprulu. An age of prosperity between the Protoss and Terran begins.

The New Facist Zerg Swarm are never seen again.

v1

-

That is all. Thank you for reading.
Posting a reaction, reply, response, whatever - would be appreciated. C:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 28 2010, 2:08 am by Sand Wraith.

Oct 21 2010, 6:18 pm ImagoDeo Post #2

Ten times better than anything Blizz is likely to come up with. I liked the SC1 storyline, and yours reminds me greatly of it. Very good.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 8:25 pm Neki Post #3

Doesn't this sound similar to the problem most people are having with the Starcraft II's story direction? Basically, most people anticipate at the end all three races unite against Duran and stop the hybrids from taking over, this seems very much in the same vain as that. Except for the Hydralisk leader turns out to be a good guy, which even sounds more cliche because he was just raping the loyalist protoss before hand. Then again, all stories are derived from the same source so I can't complain. It does sound interesting though, but how would the Loyalist Protoss race and the New Terran Communist race work in terms of game-play and style? Would these new terrans only have ghosts and no mech, because they're so against AI? Would the ALF only have mechanized units? And who are we playing at each specific area? That's what I want to know! :D

None.

Oct 22 2010, 4:34 am Sand Wraith Post #4

she/her

he was just raping the loyalist protoss before hand

He needs to assimilate Protoss genetic material to integrate psionic powers throughout all of the swarm. He doesn't care if the genes come from Loyalists or Ulrezaj's cult. He just needs it so he can swarm the AL-F forces, disrupt them with the immense psionic emanations, and then destroy the armies while their fighting abilities are hampered.

Doesn't this sound similar to the problem most people are having with the Starcraft II's story direction? Basically, most people anticipate at the end all three races unite against Duran and stop the hybrids from taking over, this seems very much in the same vain as that.

My problem with SC2's story direction is that the Zerg dropped from badass to stupid. Kerrigan became stupid and then became human. So, I kill her. I preferred the Overmind to begin with.
Yea, it might be cliche, but it's badass. And it would be well-executed; not the bullshit that was forcefed into everybody's mouths in SC2. Seriously, Valerian Mengsk: "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU :creepergrin:". :facepalm:

If the story isn't badass, then it's ridiculous. Indeed, I intended to simply use "New Nazi Zerg Swarm" instead of "Fascist", but I changed to fascist since this was originally supposed to be a snide remark post anyway about Blizzard's stupid censorship policies and hatshit.

In any case, I anticipated an all-out battle orgy between four or five factions, not a deus ex machina, dicknipple-level of stupidity with Kerrigan's "curing" (if you're gonna cure her, just fucking shoot her - oh, wait, THE UNIVERSE IS GONNA END IF YOU DO THAT????? My ass).

It does sound interesting though, but how would the Loyalist Protoss race and the New Terran Communist race work in terms of game-play and style? Would these new terrans only have ghosts and no mech, because they're so against AI? Would the ALF only have mechanized units? And who are we playing at each specific area? That's what I want to know! :D

I didn't think of anything new to change up the Protoss.

The Terran communists would initially be (prior to the formation of the AL-F) purely robotic armies with a few human operatives here and there, e.g. Ghosts and other elite soldiers just making sure the AI is getting the job done right, or operating things that are best left to humans. A mass production strategy would be normal for the Terran communists. Essentially, Terrans would use factory-farms to achieve high levels of production to outnumber and crush enemies; hence, their style would be mass production, like the Zerg, except less reactive. Spellcasters would have more utility, and there would be more general-niche units. Key thing is that the reactive aspect should lie in picking the right spellcasters (ghosts, spectres, Ravens, etc.). Less emphasis on army composition, more on micro'ing a few units in a large mob. Or something.
Honestly, I only bothered wit the thematic and aesthetic details.

The returned communist crusader Terrans would be Ghosts only, or something. More or less like normal Terrans, but Marines and outdated infantry is replaced by Ghosts with different armaments. Ravens would be replaced by Science Vessels. Or something.

The AL-F would be reminiscent of the pre-AI communist Terrans, in that it would be mostly mass-production and macro. All units would be robotic. Perhaps, psionic emanations would have an impact on the gameplay; i.e. all units have a "psionic point rating", and the higher it is, the slower nearby AL-F units move or shoot or something. All in all, AL-F would be a robotic version of the Zerg, except all ranged and not as mobile. Something like that.

-

I originally wrote the first few lines to demonstrate the absurdity of Blizzard censorship policies. The story evolved from there, having the same "hydralisk-cerebrate" base component as a genuine campaign I had in mind a long time ago.
But since this turned out so hilarious to me, I might actually either write this in a more fleshed version.

Oct 28 2010, 2:09 am Sand Wraith Post #5

she/her

I've revised the story a bit. I can include more characters and a new Zerg faction. I'll include my notes for those interested.

notes

Oct 30 2010, 9:55 pm Tempz Post #6

Very good story... I liked how it was much like sc1, I think they had to live up to sc1's story and build on it. Like people say having a blank slate is always better.

Good job.

None.

Options
  Back to forum