Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Buttons disappearing + # use
Buttons disappearing + # use
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 12 2010, 11:17 pm
By: payne  

Sep 18 2010, 5:53 pm Temp Post #21

Don't do it for player do it for a unit.

None.

Sep 18 2010, 9:49 pm payne Post #22

:payne:

Quote from Temp
Don't do it for player do it for a unit.
Oh!
Btw, the variable "-Player" was an integer set to "1".

But still, with "Unit" it doesn't work either. ;o

None.

Sep 18 2010, 10:15 pm Temp Post #23

Ok, so you can use unit or ability in this case but you need to make sure it matches the Location in the cost for the ability.

None.

Sep 18 2010, 11:24 pm payne Post #24

Quote from Temp
Ok, so you can use unit or ability in this case but you need to make sure it matches the Location in the cost for the ability.
Ah! It was still "Ability".
Now it does add charges, though it looks like my simple "-1" gives an infinite amount of charges O_O
My max count is 3, so it is set to 3, but whenever I cast the spell from there, it stays on 3.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 1:03 am Temp Post #25

What is your count start?

None.

Sep 19 2010, 2:24 am payne Post #26

Quote from Temp
What is your count start?
And I've set it to use 1 charge per use.
Reminder: Max is 3.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 3:01 am Temp Post #27

I can't seem to replicate the problem you are having, it is probably something else in your triggers that is causing the give charges trigger to happen constantly.

BTW for debugging purposes using windowed mode with the trigger debugger is awesome. To do this go to Preferences->Test Document and then have run in window and use trigger debugger checked.

With the trigger debugger you can see when triggers run have many times their event has been hit, how many times they have failed their conditions. You can show all your trigger variables (in the variable window right click) and see the trigger queue.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 3:45 am payne Post #28

http://www.mediafire.com/?bw9hnyz7340oby7

I have comments a bit everywhere where I need bug-fix... if ever you feel like it. :P

None.

Sep 21 2010, 4:46 am payne Post #29

Quote from payne
http://www.mediafire.com/?bw9hnyz7340oby7

I have comments a bit everywhere where I need bug-fix... if ever you feel like it. :P
*Bump*
Please please, help fix! :(

None.

Sep 21 2010, 10:25 pm Temp Post #30

Your pickup event is wrong, should be any unit and then have a condition for unit in unit group.

None.

Sep 21 2010, 11:50 pm payne Post #31

Quote from Temp
Your pickup event is wrong, should be any unit and then have a condition for unit in unit group.
Nice, now it works perfectly.

Now, may I know why whenever a Seeker Missile is cast, the Pick-Ups are removed?! O.o

None.

Sep 22 2010, 12:09 am Temp Post #32

I don't get that at all, although you have it set so whenever a new pickup is placed on the map any other of the same type is removed. Also if your going to use an If else {if else {if else.... kind of setup you should use a switch and not an if.

I noticed that your location for pickup is not large enough (I think) and should be the size of a square (or almost the size of a square so it cannot get into other squares)

None.

Sep 22 2010, 3:00 am payne Post #33

Quote from Temp
I noticed that your location for pickup is not large enough (I think) and should be the size of a square (or almost the size of a square so it cannot get into other squares)
What do you mean? I do not want a pick-up to be picked by a player simply because it is in the same square. I want the players to move toward them. :P
And I've fixed my problem by excluding the count of all weapons with a condition since ammo unit (weapons) are considered as units. :awesome:

None.

Options
  Back to forum