Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Dynasty StreeT
Dynasty StreeT
Nov 17 2007, 7:59 pm
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3

Nov 28 2007, 2:56 am RoryFenrir Post #41

zerg, i was thinking we first make the streets, and then we have blocks that we can split up between us, so that its not an even half and so all of the city isnt one style or the other. Ive been messing around with some new stuf that i want to try out in this also.
Inferno maybe it would be better if you just gave us the map with written instuctions over sen then me and zerg could ask you if we had further questions.

None.

Nov 28 2007, 3:29 am lil-Inferno Post #42

Just here for the pie

O.k., it sounds like that'll work, but I'm not too great with instructions, especially for a 256x256 map. The only things that we MUST have are wide streets, a few gas stations, gang hideouts, and the Agency. I'll explain more later.

Nov 29 2007, 3:19 pm Zergblender Post #43

Quote from RoryFenrir
here..... i made a diagram for you.

i have a quick question: "And about the sidewalks, I trained myself not to make those with the COTDZP terrain."
Wtf is COTDZP?
...anyways im looking forward to making the coolest city ever with you, we will definently post it when we are done.
--------
okay, i dled your COTD2 map off of sen and im really impressed, you should really post some of this stuf! Personally im not as impressed with the buildings as i am with all the walls and the lowered blocks. The buidlings by the water are really good too, Im glad too see that new stuf can still be done. I dont really get your intersections, but then again i live in montana so i dont know what a big city looks like. It must really suck for this city when a title wave hits lol....

and i recongnize those underpassed and the dam :)

Now im REALLY looking forward to this city thing, ill try to get inferno to give us the map asap....

(sorry i know this is off topic)
Indeed, when I work on it I always keep a link to your site opened so I can look at some stuff I might be able to implement.
The intersections are weird, I know. But I also don't live in a big city :P.

Quote from RoryFenrir
zerg, i was thinking we first make the streets, and then we have blocks that we can split up between us, so that its not an even half and so all of the city isnt one style or the other. Ive been messing around with some new stuf that i want to try out in this also.
Inferno maybe it would be better if you just gave us the map with written instuctions over sen then me and zerg could ask you if we had further questions.
Yeah, about that.
As you've noticed I always start my terrain at some point then expand and create a whole complex network of streets, bridges, lowered streets, etc. and I always place a river and everything circulates the buildings. You should see my latest terrain of a city I'm working on for LoveLess and JaFF :P.

Our 2 different methods might collide so you'll have to give me some guidelines.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2007, 3:25 pm by Zergblender.

None.

Nov 30 2007, 2:20 am RoryFenrir Post #44

alright, im definetly cool with the river and raised streets and all that. There should be a big interstate throught the middle of the city with lots of on/off ramps and stuf like that.

The sooner we have the map the better.

None.

Nov 30 2007, 12:07 pm lil-Inferno Post #45

Just here for the pie

Quote from RoryFenrir
alright, im definetly cool with the river and raised streets and all that. There should be a big interstate throught the middle of the city with lots of on/off ramps and stuf like that.

The sooner we have the map the better.
I'll get it to you today, maybe :P . However in the middle of the map is The Agency, which is a very large building surrounded by some water and roads coming out of it. It's where you start the game at.

Dec 1 2007, 12:52 am RoryFenrir Post #46

okay, you cant send files on sen, so maybe get a BRAI acc so we can pm the map to eachother easily, you too zerg

None.

Dec 2 2007, 4:03 pm Zergblender Post #47

Quote from RoryFenrir
okay, you cant send files on sen, so maybe get a BRAI acc so we can pm the map to eachother easily, you too zerg
What the hell's a BRAI account?

None.

Dec 3 2007, 1:47 am RoryFenrir Post #48

BroodWar AI.com... it lets you send messages with addons and stuf.

None.

Dec 9 2007, 6:22 pm lil-Inferno Post #49

Just here for the pie

I slightly edited the post, theres also one screenshot now and the Dynasty Street Logo is slightly larger :} .

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum