Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom Abilities
Custom Abilities
Aug 24 2010, 3:56 am
By: payne  

Aug 26 2010, 10:49 pm payne Post #21

:payne:

Quote from shmeeps
I was thinking that, use minerals for health, or even just a variable, or something like that, and just on hit heal the unit but remove the same amount of minerals. To be honest, with the Boss Health Bars and stuff, you could make a really neat custom GUI using this system, and just skip the standard health/wireframe display in exchange for the new one. Then it should be implementable, just on damage refill their health, take the damage away from their vHealth or deviate it to another player/attacker, and if the health is too low kill the unit.
What if he gets 1-hit? :S
But ya, I had in mind to create custom GUI, though only for Medic. It sounds weird anyways, so I guess I'll design one for all the players.

P.S. Boss bars are ugly. ;o

None.

Aug 27 2010, 5:23 am shmeeps Post #22

Well, if he gets one shot just kill the unit, no need to refill the regular health (this is assuming the unit is given some huge amount of health, like 9999). If something can do that much damage on the map... well, then damn.

It's basically like this

Code
(Unit take damage) -> (Is deviate on?) -> (Reverse damage to caster)
                                       -> (Check to see if damage kills unit) -> (Kill unit)
                                                                              -> (Remove damage amount from vHealth and restore health to unit)

Also, if you're going to put in the effort to make a GUI for one unit, why not just extend it to every player?

None.

Aug 27 2010, 4:54 pm payne Post #23

:payne:

Quote from shmeeps
Well, if he gets one shot just kill the unit, no need to refill the regular health (this is assuming the unit is given some huge amount of health, like 9999). If something can do that much damage on the map... well, then damn.

It's basically like this

Code
(Unit take damage) -> (Is deviate on?) -> (Reverse damage to caster)
                                       -> (Check to see if damage kills unit) -> (Kill unit)
                                                                              -> (Remove damage amount from vHealth and restore health to unit)

Also, if you're going to put in the effort to make a GUI for one unit, why not just extend it to every player?
1. Deviate could have been activated when the unit had something like 2 hp left. ;o
2. I will make it for all players. ^^

None.

Aug 27 2010, 5:59 pm shmeeps Post #24

Assuming vHealth is the way you go, it seems to trigger fairly quickly. I replicated the Uberlisk with a guide someone posted a while back, which made 6 attacks at once (blades, 5 spine crawlers), which hit a total of 12 marines. Only if all 5 hits hit the same unit at once would it actually kill the unit (the trigger set the attacked units health to 100 on hit). With a health pool at max, it shouldn't be a problem.

None.

Options
  Back to forum