Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (2)Skyrising(n)
(2)Skyrising(n)
Aug 9 2010, 4:42 am
By: Dem0n  

Aug 9 2010, 4:42 am Dem0n Post #1

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

This map sux. I made it in 40 minutes . The protoss temples are stacked four times each. Nothing special about this map.

Aug 9 2010, 4:53 am Aristocrat Post #2

I would not want to spawn at bottom. In fact, I don't want to even fathom playing as bottom spawn.

The main-nat distance is shit. The size of the nat choke is also shit. Pathing sucks royal dick here because of your natural Xel'naga which makes no sense.

Too many random tree doodads, mess up pathing and reduce hit% for random tiles as well as blocking vision. Very bad.

Corner expansion is the size of the main. The gas is just thrown into the middle of it. Horrible placement.

Islands are huge. Unbuildable rock spam for wasted space.

Middle is empty and open and generally very bland.

This map is very bad. I have not even mentioned balance issues yet, but I can already see it being unfavorable for Z. The fact that I assed to type this out on my phone should tell you how strongly I feel about this map as well :flamer:.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 10:11 am Tempz Post #3

Rigged for zerg and terran, rush distance isn't that far and its epically horrible after the temples are taken out...

3rd expo and bottom left/top right are too big i mean wth... zerg can rush the crap out of it... Its okay if there's only one of those but 2 are you fricken kidding me...

12 o clock and 6 o clock bases are near impossible to defend becuase of the rocky ground... its even harder to defend the 3rd base becuase of the unbuildable ruins and random trees doodads, I find quality is better then quantity demon >:O

None.

Aug 9 2010, 4:41 pm Dem0n Post #4

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The main-nat distance is shit. The size of the nat choke is also shit. Pathing sucks royal dick here because of your natural Xel'naga which makes no sense.
Very true. I thought the choke was smaller.

Corner expansion is the size of the main. The gas is just thrown into the middle of it. Horrible placement.
Where do you want me to place it? On the bottom where you need 4 workers to mine it efficiently?

It's either rocks or water. What's the difference?

Middle is empty and open and generally very bland.
Ya I know.

Aug 9 2010, 4:43 pm Aristocrat Post #5

Well, now that I'm actually on a computer I wanted to take a closer look at this map. Alas, you did not actually post a map, making this nearly impossible to evaluate with the low-res image you gave us. I'll add a few things then start to comment about balance.

-Islands do not have any gas. This substantially reduces incentive to take them, and effectively gives you two min-only expansions per player (VERY BAD). Your min-only outside the natural has 7 patches, and the island has 8; typical min-only expansions should only have 6, and maybe a 500 mineral block thrown in on rare occasions. With so little gas, zerg players are disadvantaged after a short while because late-game builds require four or even five functional geysers, while protoss players can keep pumping out zealots and sustain pressure with very little gas.

-How the can anyone defend that 3rd gas? Not to mention the ramp is fucking huge, but the base is fucking huge as well. Drops and recalls will rape you if a frontal attack doesn't,

-It looks like the bottom left expansion's gas can be tanked from the bottom of the cliff, but since you did not upload a map I can't check that.

-No one will ever bother breaking the temples on the bridge. A drop on the unbuildable will be more than enough to attack the expansion.

-Useless pillar doodads in the main. Bottom main's ramp seems to be unwallable because of the doodad's unbuildable space, but again, YOU DID NOT UPLOAD THE GODDAMNED MAP.

-Suffices to say that zerg will hate you.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
It's either rocks or water. What's the difference?

Are you serious...?

None.

Aug 9 2010, 5:23 pm Dem0n Post #6

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I have no space to upload. Blame the staff for not giving us any fucking space.

Aug 9 2010, 5:59 pm Aristocrat Post #7

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I have no space to upload. Blame the staff for not giving us any fucking space.

mediafire.com
repdepot.net
nibbits.com
http://www.staredit.net/?p=database

None.

Aug 9 2010, 6:52 pm Azrael Post #8

Post teh map dawg. We wantz ur map inside us dl foldar. Cum on dawg we jus want ur map plz dont hold out anymoar kk? :teach:

Aug 9 2010, 7:25 pm Dem0n Post #9

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

- Made chokes smaller
- Made 3rd expo easier to defend
- Made corner expos smaller; put top left's gas on bottom
- Took away Xel'Naga sprites and only put 1 Protoss temple on the bridges

http://www.mediafire.com/?4uxd4vum24fzwma

Aug 14 2010, 4:15 am Tempz Post #10

I noticed 2 expos without gas... very low tech map nice job :O

Lol sorry forgot about that imbalance was thinking of toss and terran >:O

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 14 2010, 3:02 pm by Tempz.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 1:50 pm Aristocrat Post #11

Quote from Tempz

Zerg players will vivisect Dem0n with their claws for that. :P

None.

Aug 14 2010, 4:47 pm CecilSunkure Post #12

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Tempz

I read an article saying low gas maps weren't actually zerg favoring.

Also, I don't think the middle of your map is open enough for protoss flanking.

None.

Aug 15 2010, 1:26 am Aristocrat Post #13

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Tempz

I read an article saying low gas maps weren't actually zerg favoring.

Also, I don't think the middle of your map is open enough for protoss flanking.

I meant that Zerg players would kill Dem0n for making them unable to do any of the late-game builds; see my previous post.

None.

Options
  Back to forum