Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Aristocrat's Signature Shop
Aristocrat's Signature Shop
Jun 28 2010, 8:24 pm
By: Aristocrat
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jun 30 2010, 11:32 pm CecilSunkure Post #21

Thanks Aristocrat. Great job on the signature :cecil:. I owe you a mega favor. Who knows! -Maybe sometime after I've been in DigiPen you may need my coding expertise :P

None.

Jun 30 2010, 11:54 pm Aristocrat Post #22

Quote from CecilSunkure
Thanks Aristocrat. Great job on the signature :cecil:. I owe you a mega favor. Who knows! -Maybe sometime after I've been in DigiPen you may need my coding expertise :P

Haha, no problem :D. Want the PSD so you can modify it yourself later if need be?

None.

Jul 1 2010, 2:20 am CecilSunkure Post #23

Yeah that would be awesome.

Hopefully someone else asks you for a sig, I'd like to see what you come up with next ^^

None.

Jul 1 2010, 2:22 am Wing Zero Post #24

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Like i just told MZ, I'm still looking for some cool sigs lets see what you got :P

Jul 1 2010, 2:50 am Aristocrat Post #25

I was lazy. Did not finish, but have it anyways :P.

ARCTURUS MENGSK DERIVED NUKE. WHAT UP SMUDGE TOOL

Cecil: psd attached.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 3:43 am LoTu)S Post #26

I'll just post just as a reminder. I would like a sig that uses a frame of Suwako from the Touhou PV Bad Apple. I suggest using one of the frame at 2:18, that way it wont be hard to use the pen tool since the two shadows blend after 2:18. This shouldnt be hard :rolleyes:

None.

Jul 1 2010, 7:11 pm Aristocrat Post #27

Threw this together quickly:

None.

Jul 1 2010, 7:14 pm ETEFT(U) Post #28

OMGawd! Your sigs look sexy as smuck. Can you make me one? ETEFT(U) maybe a sc1/sc2 theme? TY!!!!!!!!!!!

None.

Jul 1 2010, 7:19 pm ClansAreForGays Post #29

I'll take a FF8 inspired one.

Jul 1 2010, 7:31 pm Program Post #30

Cecil's signature is fucking amazing, dude. Props on that one. Can I have one in Them Crooked Vultures red & style?

Go crazy, but not too crazy. :D

edit: I don't want TCV in my sig, however.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 10:13 pm Aristocrat Post #31

:massimo:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 1 2010, 10:32 pm by Aristocrat.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 10:28 pm ETEFT(U) Post #32

<3 :D

None.

Jul 2 2010, 12:48 am CecilSunkure Post #33

With Wing Zero's sig, I would have treated the grey background line as if it were a horizon line. You never want a horizon line in the center of your image. Either putting the grey line higher or lower might have given the image a much more balanced look -especially if you had raised the line, then placed the shadow version of Wing Zero right on the bottom right thirds intersection, and darkened the shadows.

I can't tell if it was intentional or not with the Poison_us image :cecil:, but you had the explosion in the background and the face of Arcturus both leaning towards the center of the image. That is good. You also have them both leading the eye upward, and you gave a bright shine behind that uppermost cloud, and then had it shine in front of Arcturus a little, making him almost eclipse the light, making the entire image seem high in the air. Although, you left an awkward empty space on the left, which might have been solved by slightly shifting Arcturus to the left. It would be ideal to shift the bright spot behind Arcturus along with him all to the left.

The CAFG image looks great.

The B ETEFT image probably should have had that cross intersecting at the top left of the B ETEFT text, and the DT probably should have been shifted to the right slightly. See how the artist of the DT made the weapon green, and had some slight purple accents on the clothing? This is because the purple is complimentary to the green, and gives the image a very balanced feel without letting the green weapon overwhelm the eye. You may have been able to use a similar purple color somewhere.

The Lotus image is really good, but I would think that the word Lotus should be centered on the intersection of the bottom left thirds focal point, rather than touching the edge of the thirds focal point. This would eat up some of the empty space on the left, and put the word Lotus right on the hot spot (concerning the rule of thirds).

I see you placing a lot of crosses in your signatures with the intersection right on a rule of thirds focal point. This is good, but if the eye is drawn to words within your signature, like in this image, then you want to try to have the words sit in the rule of thirds intersection, not necessarily the cross. This is because in the Lotus image the word Lotus was more of a focus point for the eye than the actual intersection that you drew.

I see definite improvement of your signatures! You should line up your signatures in /encasebox tags in the order your completed them in, so that you can see your improvement better :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 2 2010, 12:55 am by CecilSunkure.

None.

Jul 2 2010, 2:31 am Aristocrat Post #34

I didn't make the Wing Zero sig, I just changed the text on something someone else made per his request >.>.

Really great feedback! I actually thought of some similar things about the emptiness but couldn't decide on moving the image or not.

^Brief attempt to fix poison's sig and the fact that I left a green spot from when I smudged Mengsk into the cloud :(.

The ETEFT render was actually very dark before I fixed the lighting, so when I smudged it to make the BG it came out very, very dark :massimo:. I didn't really know what to do with it since the image had so much empty space, but I guess I could fix the BG and add more color mixing.

Thanks for the critique! It really helps not just with sig making but with developing my art skills as well.

(The LoTuS pic actually had it shifted to the left before; I wanted to put something in the blank space (touhou calligraphy) but didn't get around to it. Should I do that?)

P.S. How do I expand the encasebox vertical size?

None.

Jul 2 2010, 2:10 pm Aristocrat Post #35

Halfway done with Program's sig this happens:

:massimo:

I salvaged this much from existing pixels in the screenshot.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 2 2010, 2:41 pm by Aristocrat.

None.

Jul 2 2010, 5:31 pm Fire_Kame Post #36

wth is starcraft

Make me one...but make it better than the last one you tried to make XD You have entire creative freedom

Jul 3 2010, 3:29 am poison_us Post #37

Back* from the grave

The original signature (click for original), minus (most of) the bar across mengsk's hair. Great signature already, just added a little Irfanview median blend and -brightness :awesome:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 3 2010, 3:38 am by poison_us.

Jul 26 2010, 7:39 am Generalpie Post #38

Staredit Puckwork

Ill take one...
The only request i have is that its taken from To Aru Majutsu No Index Ep 1 3:49 or 3:50
Also ofc it has to have my name and a quote...
Write any quote that you see fit for me :P

None.

Jul 27 2010, 9:24 am Alzarath Post #39

Praetor

Lucky for you, I don't know you well enough to hate you.

Well, I don't really hate anyone.. ever.

But ya, sorry if I'm mis-reading this as a sig request thread, but could you do one for me? Using Artanis if you may. ^.^

You'll have to really make it look good to compare to Devilesk's signature he made for me. ;)

None.

Jul 28 2010, 2:25 am Generalpie Post #40

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from name:Artanis186
Lucky for you, I don't know you well enough to hate you.

Well, I don't really hate anyone.. ever.

But ya, sorry if I'm mis-reading this as a sig request thread, but could you do one for me? Using Artanis if you may. ^.^

You'll have to really make it look good to compare to Devilesk's signature he made for me. ;)

The point of Devilesk's siggy is to look like crap that spontaneously combusted in the bottom of the sea inside a corpse bag from a dude that chopped his wife up with an ice pick.
:P glad hes not here to troll this :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum