Hex'd
Apr 28 2010, 1:42 am
By: Qancakes  

May 27 2010, 11:53 pm Qancakes Post #21

I don't have a US account so I can't publish it there... right?

Not many people playing Hex'd in EU either anyway, seems like people get bored of it pretty quickly. Was almost at the top a few days ago but now you can hardly find it on the list. D:

None.

May 28 2010, 9:14 pm ImagoDeo Post #22

So how was the AI for this made?

None.

May 29 2010, 11:02 am Qancakes Post #23

Hmm, well basically it just runs a while-loop with a slight delay for each computer unit while it is alive and then checks some conditions to determine which action to take.

None.

May 29 2010, 9:09 pm Qancakes Post #24

Pardon my rudeness for double posting, but I'm on an updating spree! :D

Version 1.9 is up now with support for 6 players, increased map size, several AI difficulty levels and much more!

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/hexd/

None.

May 30 2010, 1:38 am payne Post #25

:payne:

I say you should make a video of this version. :D

None.

May 31 2010, 4:25 am payne Post #26

Qancakes, I played your version on the internet, and the computers aren't that insane :P But anyways, just wanted to let you know you had done, once again, quite a good job!
Only one thing I'd ask for change: when you ask for remake, give something like 30 seconds to choose, and not 5: people do not even have the time to discuss about the match :O

None.

May 31 2010, 9:56 am Qancakes Post #27

Did you change the difficulty level on the AI? It is set to 'normal' by default. :)

New video is up btw.

It might actually be a good idea to increase that duration a bit. I've noticed people don't get a chance to chat much during the game - and it's really supposed to be a social map where you have fun with your friends.

Speaking of rematches... There is another thing that bothers me a bit, but I refuse to change it on principle. I don't know how it looks in the US atm but here in EU the map is somewhere on the bottom of the popularity list on b.net. It's just such a bad system Blizz has that sorts maps based on how many games were played in the last hour. This favours short maps, and especially maps without a rematch option ingame. I've tried just about every custom map high on the list and most of them are short games that you need to start a new game of it every time until you are satisfied with it. In Hex'd's case people often do rematches until they're tired of it and then don't very often play it again, hence, b.net 2.0 believes that the game is not very popular. But as I said earlier there's no way I'm going to change that just to ensure a higher place on the popularity list. It's blizzard's screwup.

Edit: Version 2.1 is up now. Lots of cool new features. Including a specialization system and a new little contraption in the centre to vary up the gameplay a little. :)

Edit 2: Version 2.3 is up. I hope people read this for I fear not double post! This version fixes a lot of bugs that came with the specialization system and some balance changes and yet more fine-tuning on the AI. :-)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 3 2010, 8:37 pm by Qancakes.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 4:17 am payne Post #28

Update the video in the OP :P
And good job on your principles: you just won a Mug Of Payne Appreciation trophy! :D
Rematches are the thing.

None.

Jun 13 2010, 1:49 pm Qancakes Post #29

2.4 up and available. However, the 'Hexnaught' game mode is having an issue that I'm trying to rememdy right now.
http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/hexd/files/13-hexd-2-4/

Thanks for the mug :D

None.

Jun 13 2010, 3:30 pm payne Post #30

Free for all
- Every man for himself, first to 15 kills wins the game.

Party Hex
- Two randomized teams. First to 25 kills wins.

Elimination
- Everyone is cloaked and no one respawns. Be the last one standing to win (before the timer expires)! Casting makes you visible for 2 seconds.

Hexnaught
- The Hexnaught is very powerful. Kill the Hexnaught to take his place. Only the Hexnaught gets points from kills. First to 10 points wins.

Team CTU
- Two randomized teams. The goal is to capture the other team's Ultralisk while protecting your own. First team to capture 2 Ultralisks wins.

Looks mad crazy!
Where did the spells page go? :P

None.

Jun 13 2010, 3:53 pm Qancakes Post #31

Spell page didn't go anywhere :O ?

None.

Jun 14 2010, 3:41 am payne Post #32

Quote from Qancakes
Spell page didn't go anywhere :O ?
Oops? Forgive me for my sin! >.<

None.

Jun 14 2010, 2:17 pm Qancakes Post #33

*gives mug of Qancakes forgiveness*

None.

Sep 6 2010, 12:58 am payne Post #34

I have published the v2.8 on US server.
(And I made it clear I am not the creator. :P)

None.

Oct 4 2010, 6:05 am payne Post #35

v2.10 published on NA server. :awesome:
-> 2 new Game Modes!

None.

Jan 19 2012, 2:00 am payne Post #36

I've just updated this map.
"Hex'd!"

Many many new updates are in there. Make sure you check it out!
Remember you can even play it alone, and it'll still be fun. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum