Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Killing floor game/mod
Killing floor game/mod
Apr 27 2010, 8:12 pm
By: MadZombie  

Apr 27 2010, 8:12 pm MadZombie Post #1

Theirs a mod for Unreal tournament called "The killing floor". Pretty much counter strike (buying your weapons and kevlar etc) with zombies (kill hordes, kills = money, buy equipment at the start of rounds, rinse and repeat until dead). You team up with your friends (up to 32 at a time I think but the community isn't that active to have that many in one server) surviving wave after wave of zombies. Depending on the map (maps can be user created with the unreal editor) you can hole your self up in a building and weld the doors shut (everyone has a welding tool) or just huddle and shoot. W/e. Also some perks (ex. Commando perk gives 25% more damage with the bullpup, -20% recoil, AoE reveal for invisible zombies) and different zombies types (some are basic, some crawl on the floor and blend in in dark places, some are 95% invisible and run fast, Some have chain saws, Sirens with AoE attacks, and the "Meat pounder" (mini tanks).

Besides a UT2k4 mod it's going to be a standalone game that will be released on Steam, so i've heard. Because of that the mod is pretty limited atm since their will be no more updates for it. Anyways, anyone have Unreal 2k4? I have crap internet so my only problem is downloading maps (10~mb) which leaves me waiting while every one else plays and that really kills it for me. If i play with other people we can control what maps are put into rotation (the ones I already have) and to play with people I already know.

I could always play by myself but I find it impossible to get further than the fifth wave by myself even if i create a server with the easiest difficulty.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor
Videos, DL, pics, summary, etc ^

Let's kill sum "specimens". Zombies are for lamers.

None.

May 7 2010, 5:33 pm Adeon Post #2

I haven't played the original KF, just the stand alone version. It seems to be pretty different, but I really enjoyed what I played with my friends (although it got old really fast :P)
How many waves are in total in this game? Cuz I see a lot of players are allowed to join in :O

None.

May 7 2010, 7:11 pm MadZombie Post #3

A server can do a have a max of 32 players. I don't know if the waves are static or based on difficulty or map. I've only ever completed one map on skilled (Boxwithouthope) and I think their was around 8 waves?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 8 2010, 10:12 am by MadZombie.

None.

Options
  Back to forum