SEN wiki
Apr 23 2010, 9:22 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Jun 10 2010, 5:20 pm Ashamed Post #81

Hear me Raor!!

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Jack
I suggest we add a category called Reference. It would have what I'm guessing are centreri's slope and physics pages, the mins and gas pages, etc.

I've added all the tutorial pages to the tutorials category (I think) and added the tutorials category page so it isn't red all the time. I'll start adding in the video tutorials when I can. I also added another page, currently in the tutorials section: http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Starcraft_2_Models
It's a work in progress, but has some basic info there.

How do I add a table of contents to pages, such as what the GalaxYEdit page has?
Regarding the video tutorials, I've started to transcribe all the SEN ones so that we can have a written explanation as well for the Wiki. Once I format them a bit better and take some screenshots, that will help a lot for those tutorials.

My issue with the Wiki now is that we have a lot of content to put on there (or at least expand on) and none of it is making its way on there yet. My small goal for SEN at the moment is to make it a viable resource for SC2, and if the Wiki is the best way to pull that off, then it better be stellar.

EDIT:
And I added the ToC for you. Basically you have to have at least four titles with "=" or "==" or "===" and whatnot, and it automatically formats it.
I think that tutorials and stuff on here would do better !!
But that is just my opinion!
I know I don't want to go to another site, and then another site to get some help.
Right now the easiest way for help to me is sc2mapster/ tutorials.. I find almost everything I need.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 6:19 pm DavidJCobb Post #82

I've still been focusing on the SCI wiki! My apologies, lemme do a quick run through in the SCII wiki and make any corrections, remove biases, and whatnot.

IP, we need ParserFunctions on the SCII wiki. For some reason, they only seem to be installed on the SCI wiki. Getting interwiki linking to work (and restoring the SCII wiki's project namespace to "Staredit Network") would be pretty sweet, too.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 10 2010, 6:42 pm by DavidJCobb.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 7:17 pm Jack Post #83

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Corbo
I suggest cleaning up your biased mode of writing, Jack. Plus get your facts straight before coming up with something. SC2 doesn't use "standard polygons". It uses triangular meshes.

3ds Max is a great tool and you needn't dis it every single opportunity you have.
As the Wiki Lead, JCobb, you shouldn't allow this kind of crap to happen on the wiki.
Biased mode of writing? Explain.

Tris are standard polygons...I've never worked on a game that used quads or n-gons. However, I can add a clarification there.

Yes Max is a great tool. I fail to see how I have dissed it in the article.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 11 2010, 12:00 am DavidJCobb Post #84

Sorry, Corbo, I didn't even notice you guys's link to that article. Just cleaned it up.

"Standard polygons"? Really? Also removed the rather unprofessionally-worded comment regarding Blender.

Oh, and guys, stop giving the intro sections their own headers. The TOCs look awfully lonely and awkward up at the top of the page by themselves. :P If you look closely, you'll see that the article title and a level-1 header (one equal sign) look exactly the same; that's because the first section (the intro) effectively uses the article title as its header.

None.

Jun 11 2010, 12:54 am Jack Post #85

Wouldn't it be better to have the tutorial page combined so that it's at the top of the tutorials category? Currently there's two pages with different content, which is confusing and un-necessary IMHO.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 11 2010, 1:37 am DavidJCobb Post #86

Yes. Yes, it would be. Should I do the merging, or just the deletion? (Am I even a sysop on the SCII wiki? Pretty sure I am on the SCI wiki.)

None.

Jun 11 2010, 1:48 am DevliN Post #87

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from DavidJCobb
Oh, and guys, stop giving the intro sections their own headers. The TOCs look awfully lonely and awkward up at the top of the page by themselves. :P If you look closely, you'll see that the article title and a level-1 header (one equal sign) look exactly the same; that's because the first section (the intro) effectively uses the article title as its header.
I only did it because Jack wanted a table of contents. :)

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 11 2010, 1:59 am DavidJCobb Post #88

If there aren't enough headers for a TOC, you can force one to appear by typing __TOC__. You can also reposition the TOC using this code.

None.

Jun 13 2010, 9:01 pm Jack Post #89

Added the Reference category, and merged the Tutorials index with the Tutorials category. A lot of the pages need work, which I'll do when I have a moment. There's a bunch of tiny pages that're probably tutorials but need more added.

Red classic.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum