Snipers.
Nov 4 2007, 2:04 am
By: ES-Spider  

Nov 4 2007, 2:04 am ES-Spider Post #1

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make a new anti-hack, for the map "Snipers". There was a MapHack released, that by-passes our other Anti-hack.

You can download the map to see.

Attachments:
SnipB-SaV_333F.scx
Hits: 3 Size: 34.49kb

None.

Nov 4 2007, 4:33 am Joshgt2 Post #2

What do you mean 'make a new anti-hack'? Would it simply be a version that this happened to or would it be the entire Snipers map? I would think that if it was simply something that happened to the map then go find a different Snipers map but if you mean that someone is doing this then I would guess that they have a Maphack on their computer and you couldn't change any of that as far as I know...

None.

Nov 4 2007, 10:29 am Tazzy Post #3

Long forgotten founding member :P

What he means is design a new Anti-Map Hack on the Sniper map attached.
You know like the crashable CC or something (For Example)

But I am at a loss, I have no idea how to make a new anti-Map hack.

Im sure in Time some of the more Adv Mapper will be able to give you there imput.

Long forgotten founding member of sen

Nov 4 2007, 1:19 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

A antimaphack is basically very easy. Just place a unit that crashes sc when seen where the players would normally never have vision to.
Then center the screen there at the beginning of the game (for example to have black background for intro text) and sc will crash for those who DO have vision there.

I can't imagine how a hack could prevent that.

But I don't know which unit crashes sc on sight. I will try to find out and post it later.

EDIT: I found out that newer maphacks really DO block those units, so sc WON'T crash.
The best statement I found was this:
Quote from Falkoner
The thing is, patch 1.15 patched all the hacks that block the crashing units, as I said, try to use some disabled sprite.
It's obviously a relatively new problem and no one has bothered to find out so far. So I guess it's up to you using this hint.
If you (or someone else) found something, pls post your findings here - Thanks! ;)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 4 2007, 1:31 pm by NudeRaider.

Nov 4 2007, 1:27 pm who Post #5

or you can have snipers on 1x1 spots, with a zergling or something in its range, but with a lot of vision blocking terrain, so if it dies, then they're maphacking.

None.

Nov 4 2007, 2:31 pm Viii_iiiV Post #6

I have a Simple idea.

Instead of having a 64*64 map, have a 256*256 map, and have 16 identical compartments.

Its random which compartment the game uses, and if one from a different compartment is moved, as he can't see it, then he gets banned. Also, it is random who is FORCED to move thier unit first - and MHers may get tired of being banned from 1 in six sniper maps they play.

None.

Nov 4 2007, 4:10 pm NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Viii_iiiV
I have a Simple idea.
[...]
I like someones method better ;) Simple, effective and doesn't confuse ppl.

But keep in mind there is a method to permanently prevent units from shooting ingame. If the MHs know it, and are fast, they may still be able to use the hack. Prevent this by moving the screen around at the beginning - then that will not be possible anymore.

Nov 4 2007, 9:14 pm Groovu Post #8

If you release the anti hack, wouldn't the map hack that has the anti crash be updated?

None.

Nov 4 2007, 10:01 pm NudeRaider Post #9

Quote from Groovu
If you release the anti hack, wouldn't the map hack that has the anti crash be updated?
You would have to ask that the one who developes the hack. Or better not ask and hope he didn't notice. :P
In time it sure will but thats the everlasting circle of hackers and antihackers. ;)

Options
  Back to forum