Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Unnamed (real) RPG map.
Unnamed (real) RPG map.
Nov 2 2007, 1:09 pm
By: Saox  

Nov 2 2007, 1:09 pm Saox Post #1

Hi everybody!

I've started making this map back in 2005, with a friend of mine who actually is offline for a few months, so I don't have any partner with whom I could continue it, and I'm unwilling to do this alone, since it's more fun if you work together with someone.

The map is a 256x256 jungle terrain. In the left upper corner there are several inside-areas. The insides of bars, houses, and other stuff. There's also a Yes/No dialogue option thingy. So far I've done a town with about 3 quests which are not something like go, kill, get back. They're a bit more complex, and you can fail them or even turn against your employer giving you a point of an evil influance which later affects your dialogue options in the most important points off the game.

Classes/Players
Marine(Archer),
Ghost(Ranger),
Zealot(Knight),
Tasssadar(mage),
SCV(Thief),

Each player starts with his 1 unit which is BLINDED, including the SCV.

Abilities:
The Archer:
-Precise shot(spawning one powerfull long ranged unit for exactly 3s)
-Use the eagle-eye skill ability to see the world arround(an observer for 1 s)
-Push back enemy melee fighters

The Ranger:
-Tracking ability, which allows the ranger to get some text information about the surrounding area
-Hide in shadows, which allows the ranger to cover behind trees by spawning a blinded arbiter
-Assassination, allows the ranger to make a deadly blow instantly killing one random enemy unit in the nearby area.

The Knight:
-Shield, creates 1 blinded probe next to the knight with a certain ammount of HP/per spell level. Untill the probe excists, the knight has constantly 100% shield points, the spell should expire within a few seconds
-The Knight may pull an enemy right in front of him allowing him to neutralize the advantage of a ranged enemy unit.
-Control Undead - allows the knight to take direct control over an undead unit, the higher the spell level, the more hp will the undead have, and the chance that the undead won't turn against him will be higher

Thief:
I found the thief one of the most interesting class in the game, cause he's tallents are based on traps. Remember that it's an SCV unit. The thief will find several 'parts' hidden on the map which are used as a rescource to set traps.
The available traps are:
-Fire trap, creates a disabled bunker with 1 firebat inside. All bunkers have a burning countdown timer, the higher level, the longer the trap lasts. Cause of the size, you can't place it wherever you want to.
-Arrow trap, marine bunker.
-Magic arrow trap, ghost bunker
(try not to judge me by the names above)
-Explosion set. By building a turret the theif can set 1 spider mine on the map
-Earth shaking trap. I was thinkin about this one, it could be a lurker...

Remember, all traps uses parts(gas). The thief can upgrade the damage by buying upgrades(minerals).

The Mage:
-Research the storm ability.
-Research the hallucination spell
-Healing, creates a medic with a certain amount of energy for a some time.
-Fireball, creates a blinded siege tank which'll shoot once and dissapear.
-Teleport, if the game rolls out a good number, the team is teleported to the town.

Thoose abilities are pretty easy. There'll be only one unit that'll trigger all the dialogue options and he'll be the leader. P1 probably.

Everything may by changed. The map is only 3% done, which means:
-All the thief skills are done, some of the other class.
-The players start off in the forest beeing attacked by a pack of bandits. Dialogues, first intro done, main quest written.
-The town, 3 quests, bar, house, yes/no option added, sailing with a ship to an island, pirates enclave on the island, prison, rescuing prisoners...
-Swamp and the swamp witch objective
-some other things I forgot.

I'm also about to record my own music for this one, I'm a guitar/keyboard player. So if any of you need something for their map I might be able to help you out with this :-).

So...is there anyone who could help me with doing some terrain? I'm not good at making square stuff, my friend which did the terrain is offline as I said and I need someone to take his place :-)

None.

Nov 2 2007, 10:05 pm InsolubleFluff Post #2

un original.

None.

Nov 2 2007, 10:16 pm Saox Post #3

If you've seen a map where you really can affect the story line by making some choices then please go on, post it :-).

None.

Options
  Back to forum