Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: DLDB and Reviews section offline
DLDB and Reviews section offline
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 2 2010, 11:55 am
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Apr 15 2010, 7:01 am Devourer Post #81

Hello

... seriously, one more post like this and I will either ignore you or delete posts having reminders only.
And do you think I was not up to that? Seriously, stop it, I'm not dumb.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Apr 15 2010, 7:06 am payne Post #82

:payne:

Quote from Devourer
... seriously, one more post like this and I will either ignore you or delete posts having reminders only.
And do you think I was not up to that? Seriously, stop it, I'm not dumb.
If you were actually not biased (on the fact that you think I am only posting reminders), you'd have seen that my #5 wasn't a reminder, but a new recommendation. You are acting on me like you do with DavidJCobb (which is rather irrational: he helps you out by giving you codes and you grow frustrated because you think he thinks you're dumb, which isn't the case: we're only trying to help! If it wasn't of me and him, that DLDB would be based off only one person's opinion until its release: yours.)
And I'm not sure I understand your thing about "up to that". Please explain?

None.

Apr 15 2010, 7:12 am Devourer Post #83

Hello

You misunderstood.
I'm reading every single post in here and I'm considering every idea. And if it was all up to me the DLDB would look different.
And about David, no, I appreciate his help a lot but there simply is no need for posting one small line of code, but stuff like the layout: that's real good help.
And I would have not been so angry if you would only post further ideas and absolutely NO reminder.

"Up to that", I thought it meant "I was going to do that"

Apr 15 2010, 8:17 pm DavidJCobb Post #84

Oh, oh, oh, I might know how to make empty spaces seem slightly less empty. We could use a very toned-down, bottom-right-anchored background image, something very subtle, almost transparent. Plenty of SC2 art to choose from, and I could alpha-ize it in a snap. (I could cut things out of images with alpha-transparent edges using GIMP, among other image-related tasks.)

None.

Apr 16 2010, 12:04 am payne Post #85

:payne:

Finally, I really love the DLDB as it is, though I'd love to see how it looks based off these recommandations.
Devourer, would you just play with the CSS a bit, screenshot the result and post it in the thread? We'd be fixed! :D

And hey, I found one last thing (apart from everything I mentioned and that you are still working on):
The "Rate this file" has the "file" on a second line. Make the cadre larger?

None.

Apr 16 2010, 1:00 pm Devourer Post #86

Hello

Changed the text, it will not cause a line break anylonger.

Information of what I've done just in the past 15-30 minutes: fixed bugs in the images section (i.E. deleting all images instead of deleting the selected one only).
Also, "Add my SEN account as an original author of this file" is now completly removed in favor of a Author-Textfield, I've also fused the reviews section with the DLDB.

Going to do next:
editing all nine skin-css files (oh god...) and change the ratings layout as wished.

EDIT:
Carbonite, good or bad?:
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6235/carbo.png

Purple Epic, good or bad?:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1307/purplepic.png

Red Classic, good or bad?:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8632/redclasst.png

Maplantis, good or bad?:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9126/maplantis.png

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2010, 3:35 pm by DeVouReR.

Apr 16 2010, 3:36 pm Derqua Post #87

Good.
Good.
Good.
Good.

I really like how amazing this sounds like it will be.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2010, 5:24 pm by Derqua. Reason: I forgot a Good.

None.

Apr 16 2010, 4:26 pm Devourer Post #88

Hello

Ok, all skins are adjusted now. Do you guys really want me to change the rating-thing? :S
If not, the DLDB might be released this night.

Apr 16 2010, 5:09 pm CecilSunkure Post #89

Very very nice nice Dev! Can't wait to try it all out.

Also, I could care less about a different rating system. As long as files can be commented on I think you can't really do anything that would affect rating maps in a relevant way.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum