Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: SEN Beta Key Mapping Contest!
SEN Beta Key Mapping Contest!
Mar 25 2010, 5:19 am
By: CecilSunkure
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Apr 2 2010, 4:25 pm CecilSunkure Post #41

There is currently 6 days left until the contest is over; the contest is pretty much halfway over. Just as a rule of thumb, you should have been playtesting your map by 20% completion -if you haven't yet then you should start as soon as possible. Good luck to all contestants.

And yeah, I still have a SCII Beta Key to give out, just in case anyone was still wondering.

None.

Apr 4 2010, 4:34 pm Aristocrat Post #42

Would it count as wasting space if a large portion of the map is water? It is about the ocean after all.

None.

Apr 4 2010, 9:30 pm Kaias Post #43

I might start a map for this tomorrow.

None.

Apr 4 2010, 10:36 pm TiKels Post #44

Kaias... Work on Io nub.
Gl to all the participants. I might be able to work on something on tuesday.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 5 2010, 3:17 am CecilSunkure Post #45

Quote from Aristocrat
Would it count as wasting space if a large portion of the map is water? It is about the ocean after all.
Possibly. Is that space somehow meaningful in more than just signifying that you are in the ocean? Is gameplay or storyline (cut scenes, etc.) somehow incorporated into the space?

Good luck to you three on any maps you make, I look forward to seeing them.

None.

Apr 5 2010, 9:19 pm ETEFT(U) Post #46

Is there a limit to how many entries one contestant can enter? For example, One entry only for one contestant or two or three entries for one contestant.

None.

Apr 5 2010, 9:31 pm CecilSunkure Post #47

You can enter more than one, but I won't be obligated to judge more than one (so you can't submit like 12 terrible maps). So yeah, you can and they will be judged as long as effort is put into them.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 4:24 pm CecilSunkure Post #48

There is currently 2 days left until the contest is over; start polishing up your map in every way you can. Submissions must be posted in this topic (or pmed to me) attached to the post, or with a link to a download. I cannot guarantee that your map will be judged if it is not submit.

Judging of the maps will begin on a rolling basis.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 6:10 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #49

I'll just assume that I don't need to adhere to the above standards since you've played my map.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 10:14 pm CecilSunkure Post #50

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
I'll just assume that I don't need to adhere to the above standards since you've played my map.
Yeah you're fine.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 10:38 pm Vrael Post #51

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
You might since I'm judging too :P

None.

Apr 6 2010, 10:57 pm CecilSunkure Post #52

Oh right, best not make Vrael anger :crazy:

None.

Apr 7 2010, 11:10 am ETEFT(U) Post #53

Here is my submission, enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wdmmyzjdiyd

ps. map is supposed to be with atleast 2 or 3 others.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 7 2010, 2:38 pm by B-ETEFT.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 1:06 pm CecilSunkure Post #54

Today is the last day! Crunch time go go! All submissions must be submit by 11:59:59PM GMT.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 7:41 pm Kaias Post #55

Quote from TiKels
Kaias... Work on Io nub.
Gl to all the participants. I might be able to work on something on tuesday.
TiKels was right; I worked on Io in my spare time instead.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 8:41 pm CecilSunkure Post #56

Quote from CecilSunkure
Today is the last day! Crunch time go go! All submissions must be submit by 11:59:59PM GMT.
This can be extended if enough people reply quoting this post.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 9:03 pm Chia-Tyrant Post #57

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from CecilSunkure
This can be extended if enough people reply quoting this post.
Can you at least extend it by a few hours (about 5). I thought it was due by 12:00pm of my time. Apparently it's already past 9:00pm in GMT. Otherwise, I probably won't submit anything or submit something that can't even be played. Obviously, I'd like it even more if it was postponed by another week but I don't think that will happen.

Thanks in advance whether or not you do it and I advise everyone else to post while quoting him in order to extend the deadline.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 9:17 pm Vrael Post #58

We could probably just extend till midnight EST, it makes sense enough. Idk about another day or week though... there's been plenty of time to work for this.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 9:19 pm CecilSunkure Post #59

Sounds good to me, but we need a few more quotes :P

None.

Apr 7 2010, 9:44 pm Aristocrat Post #60

Quote from Vrael
We could probably just extend till midnight EST, it makes sense enough. Idk about another day or week though... there's been plenty of time to work for this.

That would help a lot; people who live in the US might want to work on their maps later on in the day than, say, 7:00 PM EST :P.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum