Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Division of Heroes
Division of Heroes
Nov 18 2009, 4:06 am
By: MetalGear
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jan 22 2010, 2:28 am fat_flying_pigs Post #41

Quote from MetalGear
okay so i think ive developed an original system :) ive made it so theres an infinate leveling system and each advanced level requires more exp. also... for each level of the hero you kill you gain an extra +25 gold. for example... if you kill a level 3 hero, you will gain +75 gold... if you kill a level 10 hero, you will gain +250 gold etc... this system works infinately.

so is this original?
I like this. However, to the average player, they will only see the part where the money increases. They will not care that the system goes on forever. If I may ask, how did you do this?
Korean Health
what is korean health?

To be honest I wish someone would make a AoS with Normal health (TS/HS), combo spells VIA SCOA, Items/extended (equipment can be combined to form better ones, different types, etc.)equipment, Forest creeps( i don't know the name. but stronger than normal units that are in the middle sitting for alternate exp gain or other reward), and Temple sieges bases.
1) there are plenty of normal health AoS games
2) i have no idea why the koreans use SCOA; the starport is more efficient. Try Norm-'s Custom War Tactics, it uses gateway combo spells
3) items are difficult to make/represent. If it is made, it will most likely just be text and will grant passive bonuses. Using equipment for adding damage/defense is difficult to balance, and uses up units. (+attack = spawn unit for 1 shot, or DDS)
4) I'm considering putting this into my map :D
5) a lot of maps have that. (i'm using it too)

None.

Jan 22 2010, 2:39 am MadZombie Post #42

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Quote from MetalGear
okay so i think ive developed an original system :) ive made it so theres an infinate leveling system and each advanced level requires more exp. also... for each level of the hero you kill you gain an extra +25 gold. for example... if you kill a level 3 hero, you will gain +75 gold... if you kill a level 10 hero, you will gain +250 gold etc... this system works infinately.

so is this original?
I like this. However, to the average player, they will only see the part where the money increases. They will not care that the system goes on forever. If I may ask, how did you do this?
Korean Health
what is korean health?

To be honest I wish someone would make a AoS with Normal health (TS/HS), combo spells VIA SCOA, Items/extended (equipment can be combined to form better ones, different types, etc.)equipment, Forest creeps( i don't know the name. but stronger than normal units that are in the middle sitting for alternate exp gain or other reward), and Temple sieges bases.
1) there are plenty of normal health AoS games
2) i have no idea why the koreans use SCOA; the starport is more efficient. Try Norm-'s Custom War Tactics, it uses gateway combo spells
3) items are difficult to make/represent. If it is made, it will most likely just be text and will grant passive bonuses. Using equipment for adding damage/defense is difficult to balance, and uses up units. (+attack = spawn unit for 1 shot, or DDS)
4) I'm considering putting this into my map :D
5) a lot of maps have that. (i'm using it too)
I didn't have a name for it so i called it korean health. In AoS's it's when a hero has low health because the AoS uses full heal pots like in We are Friends.

I wanted ALL of those things in ONE map which no map has. not yet at least. individually it's all been done already.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 4:46 am MetalGear Post #43

I've lost interest in this since you lowered the bar and took out DDS
dont be such an emo lol its still going to be a good map. 9 characters and 45 spells is still worth a go surely... all i can say is dont judge before playing.
okay so i think ive developed an original system ive made it so theres an infinate leveling system and each advanced level requires more exp. also... for each level of the hero you kill you gain an extra +25 gold. for example... if you kill a level 3 hero, you will gain +75 gold... if you kill a level 10 hero, you will gain +250 gold etc... this system works infinately.

so is this original?I like this. However, to the average player, they will only see the part where the money increases. They will not care that the system goes on forever. If I may ask, how did you do this?
mm well its more of a gameplay balance thing... and if the map gets popular it will be recognized by consistent players. as for how i made it... it uses a binary system. u really want 2 know how lol? ok here goes...

okay so youve designed leveling systems before right? usually you would use 1 single death counter called Hero-Level or something.. and you would just add to it every time the player gains enough experience (kills score) to level up right? ie... player kills score is at least # ... reset kills score and add 1 death to Hero-Level..

okay well my approach is a bit different. basically you create 2 death counters to record the hero level... lets call them
Level-type1 and Level-type2. basically every time you need 2 retrieve the value from either of these counters... you just build a few triggers to subtract the value out of 1 and add it to the other and also add to whatever other counter you are using. you will also need 1 more death counter called Level-switch and by default its set to 0. this is how it would work...

If you level up.. make sure you give the value to the active counter (Level-type1 or Level-type2)
Conditions
- If Level-switch is set to 0
- Kills score is at least... (or whatever conditions used to level up)

Actions
- Add 1 death to Level-type1
- Preserve

Conditions
- If Level-switch is set to 1
- Kills score is at least... (or whatever conditions used to level up)

Actions
- Add 1 death to Level-type2
- Preserve

so you see whats happening here?
Level-type1 is attributed to the Level-switch 0 value and Level-type2 to the 1 value. now your probably asking why are we switching between 2 death counters that do the same thing? The reason is.. because in the following triggers... you need to subtract the value of a death counter and add it to another 1 to detect how much the value of the counter is... so basically you just revert the values between 2 counters... Just look at the following triggers and it should make sense...

Gaining the value from the active counter
Conditions
- If Level-switch is set to 0
- If
Level-type1 is at least 1
Actions
- Subtract 1 death from Level-type1
- Add 1 death to Level-type2
- Add 1 death to whatever counter you want to record the revertion
- Preserve

Conditions
- If Level-switch is set to 1
- If
Level-type2 is at least 1
Actions
- Subtract 1 death from Level-type2
- Add 1 death to Level-type1
- Add 1 death to whatever counter you want to record the revertion
- Preserve

So how it works... is if
Level-type1 has lets say a value of at least 1... then Level-type2 will have 0. you basically just shift the value over to the opposite counter every time these triggers run... you just need 1 last trigger to tell the system when it needs to change over to the other counter.

Changing the Level-switch so that levels are added into the active counter
Conditions
- If Level-switch is 0
- If
Level-type1 is 0
Actions
- Set Level-switch to 1
- Preserve

Conditions
- If Level-switch is 1
- If
Level-type2 is 0
Actions
- Set Level-switch to 0
- Preserve

Okay so thats all fair enough right? Probably your question now is .. Hey.. triggers run once every 12 seconds... that will take 1 second for every 12 levels.. what if i want an instant transaction? This is where your binary comes in.... Go back to the third and fourth triggers i showed you... basically.. you replicate these triggers and change the values and progress up the binary ladder.. for example... 1..2...4...8...16...32....64...etc

I really hope that made sense... Its quite hard to explain

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum