Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: PoG's Guide to Police on SE[Fixed]
PoG's Guide to Police on SE[Fixed]
Oct 13 2009, 2:44 am
By: SwordOfJustice7  

Oct 13 2009, 2:44 am SwordOfJustice7 Post #1

1. Introduction
2. The basic info
3. The advanced info
4. Police Unit Overview
5. Criminal Unit Overview
6. Early Game[60:00-47:30]
7. Situational Decisions
8. Mid Game[47:30-35:00]
9. The importance of teamwork
10. Late Game[35:00-End]
11. Support Role
12. Killer Role
13. Robber player personality types
14. My Recommend No-Allow List
15. Other

Police Police Unit Overview
Level 1 Marine
Hp: 15
Atk: 8
Armour: 1
Special abilities: Stimpack
Usefulness(my opinion): 7/10
My Personal Advice: Level 1 marine will be your starting unit that can accutally be very powerful in the right hands. This unit will provide problems for Robber Level 1/2 Zealot and can even kill lv 3 goon and lv 4 tassadar in very coordinated player. What's best is that this is free.

Level 2 Marine
Hp: 25
Atk: 20
Armour: 2
Cost: 100
Usefulness(my opinion): 3.5/10
My Personal Advice: Level 2 marine can be a very powerful additional to your arensal if you manage to get some money. However, this unit gets useless throughout in the later parts of the game. I strongly recommend you do not go for this unit. But, if you're facing agianst complete noobs, use this as much as you like.

Level 3 Firebat
Hp: 60
Atk: 60
Armour: 3
Cost: 200
Usefulness(my opinion): 9/10
My Personal Advice: The ultimate Tank-Killing unit. You use this unit to kill tank when ever it spawns. Other times, this unit won't be very helpful

Level 4 Ghost
Hp: 30
Atk: 80
Armour: 3
Special abilities: Lockdown
Cost: 300
Usefulness(my opinion): 6/10
My Personal Advice: Ghost can be useful at some situations, but it is too weak by itself. I recommend you NEVER get this upgrade in a serious game.

Level 5 Goliath
Hp: 80
Atk: 70/250
Armour: 5
Special abilities: Very high air range(MAKE A POWERFUL AND DANGEROUS DIFFERENCE)
Cost: 400
Usefulness(my opinion): 9.5/10
My Personal Advice: Comes with a dropship, not to mention a very dangerous air attack. In most games, I recommend you stay at this level against noobs, it kill almost every unit robber except for three.

Early Game[60:00-47:30]

The Guard Cycle
The "Guard Cycle" is a technique I created that when properly utlizied can break or make the game for you. Basically, the guard cycle is where people taking turns "chasing" robbers. However, this chase is meant to use the element of surprise and requires good teamwork. For the full effectiveness of this cycle, two players are recommend.

Here's how you do it, I have a few picture to demonstrate this method.

1.First, STIM and ran to heal.
2.Stim and make sure you're healed too and ran the path of the black

3. Stop at the green dot on the second picture. We do this because, the red line is the "blind" spot of the criminal force and thus you get somewhat the element of surprise. By doing this trick, it looks like you just came out from there. The picture below proves you're hidden.

4.Now by standing at the hidden spot, ONE of you(there should be two of you) should stim in and chase whenever you get the map ping and charge in. Press A then the area you're going to so your marine automatically attacks whenever it sees a target.

5.Whenever a robber unit is visible, target and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Don't be scared of dying, you're level 1 so it doesn't matter if you die right now.

Important Pointer: I have to stress the importance of your aggresion. Just because a robber is goon already, doesn't mean you can't kill them. Never be afraid to fight robber even if you're level one. Even if you fail, you scare them by reducing their HP and thus wasting their overall time on their part. You also buy time for your partners when you distract them.

Here's a picture of me accutally almost killing a goon

6. Now, whenever you're dead or all the robbers are scared back into their base. You should either respawn or if you didn't die, you should kill yourself with the base camp for an easy teleport. Death is only recommend if you're level 1 where it does not hurt you ecomonically.

Important Pointer if you do have a partner: Whenever you die. Your partner should now do step 4-5 as well. This is because robbers will believe they're safe with your death but your partner's sudden arrival can either scare or kill them. During the time where your partner does step 4-5, hurry up and do step 1-3. Then when your partner dies, you will do step 4-5 while the other partner do step 1-3. You will repeat this as long as they're on the southeast side of the map.

If that is too confusing, I'll restate it like this.

A is you and B is your partner

1. Start of game: A and B does step 1-3
2. A does step 4-5
3. A was killed or he decided to commit suicide.
4. As soon as A dies, B does step 4-5. Same time, A repeat step 1-3.
5. B was killed or he decided to commit suicide.
6. As soon as B dies, A does step 4-5. Same time, B repeat step 1-3.
7. Go back to #3 and repeat until you get this cycle.

IMPORTANT: Also be warned that whenever you are going to kill yourself at the end of step 6. Only kill yourself if your partner is finished step 3 AND all of the robber are within their base.

The Subway Semi-Camp

The subway semi-camp is type of camping that only works on noobs. Basically, you will stand on your heal and then whenever you get the map ping. You will charge in and kill whatever the ping is. Always remember to check the hill at the early part of the game.

The Cornering(VERY DIFFICULT TO DO)

Situational Decisions[60:00-47:30]

In every game, there will always be a time where you have to make a decesion based on the people you're facing and the people you're playing with. Whichever decesion you make can make or break you in this game. In the following subsections, "yourself" refer as playing solo or playing with people that you know they won't anything to help you

Having an easy game and by yourself
A easy game will define as robbers are still level 3 or below for all them. These games you're almost definately guaranteered to win because you have killed them so repeatedly or they have die enough to make things extremly easy for you. Most of the times, you should have a mininum of 1,000 and 2,000 if you're lucky. I have yet to see a time where I have killed sufficent times to gain 3,000 at 47:30 mark.

If you have 1,000, get a ling and began cracking on tank. Than repeat everything in Early game guide till it becomes ineffective.
If you have 1,300, get a ling and firebat, began cracking on tank.
If you have 1,800, get a ling and vessel, own robbers with irridiate.
If you have 2,000, get 2 lings and began cracking on tank. Than repeat everything in Early game guide till it becomes ineffective.
If you have 2,300, get 2 lings, and a firebat and began cracking on tank.
If you have 2,800, get 2 lings and vessel, own robbers with irridiate.
If you have 3,000(VERY RARE), get 3 lings.

Well you get the idea.

[color=green]Having an easy game and with teammates
In a teamwork game, you're normally guaranteered to have atleast gain one kill. At this early point, pick out who is going to be what role. See in later parts of the game to decide what is best for you to do.
Having an okay game
Having a difficult game and by yourself

Face it, you been been defeated. Early game performance will be what makes or breaks you. Stay if you want and try to see what happens but usually if you're by yourself and have no kills. You've lost.

Robber player personality types

This is a list of type of people you'll meet, you should be cautious of each one. I have also listed how to handle them and also from most to least commonness.

The Flamer(4 in 5)
Description:Anytime you kill them, they flame. Like "fag", "bitch", and when they killed you somehow. They always talk shit that you suck and you're a noob. Realistically, they over played the rigged version of 4 gold and have no idea how to play a balnaced map for once.

How to handle them: Just ignore them, simple as that. They usually give up when they realize you don't care what they say.

The Cheater/Riggedness Accuser(2 in 3)
Descrption: Just because somehow, you're doing better than other "newb" police players. They think you're hacking and cheating and shit. Trust me, if you're not using any hacking software that gives you an advantage over normal players, you're not. If you don't get banned by the game for something that robbers don't want you to do, its not cheating. Also Se[Fixed] is that last edit that panzer kavalier made, not to mention its protected. In most time, if theres no more edits and its protected, it probably means its most balanced.

How to handle them: Ignore them, or tell them to play police for once in their little noob lives.

The newb( 1 in 3)
Description: Most of the previous 2 types fit here, since those who cus usually don't know how to play. These people are rare cause whenever people over play robbers, anytime they lose, they blame not themselves, but who ever they're facing. However, this is a rare type that when they lose, they don't talk shit and just admit defeat.

How to handle them: Show them mercy if they stay, kill them if you know they're going to cause trouble. If there's only 20- minutes left, let them win for their good effort. Also congralutate them on not being a cusser.

The Hacker(1 in 5)
Description: These people do whatever it takes to win. They hack, they know what you're doing, and they simply are really difficult to win against.
How to handle them: If you're winning, camp the hell out of them till they leave. If you're losing, leave and don't give the satisfication of beating you fairly. Record the username, take a screenshot. Add them to a personal ban list, and also tell me about it. Then report the person with the following link

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=hacksform

The Silent Pro(1 in 100)
Description: These players probably been playing for over three years mininum with very good experience on Robbers. These are the ones that can't be easily killed early game and will provide a lot of shit for you later on. They are usually very scary for me, and I usually kick them from my games to prevent my noob partners from getting owned.

How to handle them: Just hope that your team mates aren't noobs or its either GG or a very annoying game for you.

My RECOMMENDED No-Allow List

On Cops and Robbers SE [Fixed]. There will always be hackers that you'll meet playing robbers. In fact, when they're playing on this, depending on their level of experience, it can be IMPOSSIBLE to win against them no matter how good you get because of hacks. I have therefore perfected a list of people that I recommend you ban IMMEDIATELY in order for you to have a fair game.

Due to earlier reasons of Excalibur preferring me not to disclose the names. I will only disclose the usernames if people request me by PM.

~ Still Under Construction.

Request:Please ask me questions you think everyone want to ask about this guide/game that will benefit the simplicity of this guide or the game.

Also I'm interested in some people who are willing to help me make screenshots for this guide.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 13 2009, 3:14 am by SwordOfJustice7.

None.

Options
  Back to forum