Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Online problems
Online problems
Sep 26 2009, 3:00 pm
By: UfukedUp  

Sep 26 2009, 3:00 pm UfukedUp Post #1

1st off big fan of Starcraft Broodwar :D have been for 7 years, me and my brother both have fast computers, and we have fast time warrner cable but when we try to host a game on b.net no one else can join but us. we also try one person finding a game and the other person follow him into the game but it gets too laggy when the other person joins. We have a router here so im not sure if we have to open any ports or what, any ideas????? Thanks

None.

Sep 26 2009, 4:23 pm theleo_ua Post #2

http://www.staredit.net/178447/

If dont help - buy real white ip adress from provider.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 4:32 pm Falkoner Post #3

Quote from Falkoner
By default, SC uses port 6112 UDP, so you open up regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battle.net, go to the Configuration subkey, and create and new DWORD named "Game Data Port", then edit it, change the value type to decimal(this is just for convenience sake), and enter your new port number, then make sure to forward that port through your router.

Only problem I've noticed with this method is that you can no longer join eachother's games if one of you hosts, however, it does completely get rid of the lag between you when you both join the same game, so I guess you can just use LAN if you want to play eachother.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 5:04 pm theleo_ua Post #4

Quote from Falkoner
Only problem I've noticed with this method is that you can no longer join eachother's games if one of you hosts, however, it does completely get rid of the lag between you when you both join the same game, so I guess you can just use LAN if you want to play eachother.

But my solution "buy real ip per each pc" solve all problems and you can join and play same games with each other and someone from battlenet without lags:)
Only disadvantage is cost and impossibility in some cases to buy several ip adresses.

But as you know - pleasure is paid:)

None.

Options
  Back to forum