Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Environmental Crisises
Environmental Crisises
Oct 14 2007, 11:09 pm
By: SCORPIONOX
Pages: < 1 2 3

Nov 4 2007, 9:18 pm Syphon Post #41

Quote from -_- Kame -_-
Well, think of it this way Syphon. If we produce exactly what we need and nothing more (assuming that algae reproduces at an exact rate, it should be relatively effortless, given how anal most scientists are, to track and calculate), and keep a quantity in reserve, than it shouldn't harm any natural ecosystem, as what is creating and feeding it would be humans, and we'd control all exterior variables.

That's exactly what I meant.

Tending algae is serious business.

None.

Nov 7 2007, 4:04 am Fire_Kame Post #42

wth is starcraft

Compared to the business in oil refineries? Evidently, there'd have to be some re-training to harvest it properly, but I still don't see any dilemma. Companies (such as the technology boom -- my mother was sent back to college when she worked for United Airlines to learn how to use computers) have, in the past, sent employees off for it. And there are ways to make it fool proof no matter how difficult.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[2024-5-07. : 7:47 pm]
Ultraviolet -- Yeah, I suppose there's something to that
[2024-5-06. : 5:02 am]
Oh_Man -- whereas just "press X to get 50 health back" is pretty mindless
[2024-5-06. : 5:02 am]
Oh_Man -- because it adds anotherr level of player decision-making where u dont wanna walk too far away from the medic or u lose healing value
[2024-5-06. : 5:01 am]
Oh_Man -- initially I thought it was weird why is he still using the basic pre-EUD medic healing system, but it's actually genius
[2024-5-06. : 3:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- Vrael
Vrael shouted: I almost had a heart attack just thinking about calculating all the offsets it would take to do that kind of stuff
With the modern EUD editors, I don't think they're calculating nearly as many offsets as you might imagine. Still some fancy ass work that I'm sure took a ton of effort
[2024-5-06. : 12:51 am]
Oh_Man -- definitely EUD
[2024-5-05. : 9:35 pm]
Vrael -- I almost had a heart attack just thinking about calculating all the offsets it would take to do that kind of stuff
Vrael -- that is insane
Vrael -- damn is that all EUD effects?
[2024-5-04. : 10:53 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/MHOZptE-_-c are yall seeing this map? it's insane
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy