Displaying Text
Oct 10 2007, 11:36 pm
By: benshums  

Oct 10 2007, 11:36 pm benshums Post #1

Hi,
I'm using scmdraft 2.8 and my problem is that it won't let me display text.
Everytime that I create a trigger, no matter what the condition is, the trigger will not display the text during the game's runtime.
This may be due to fact that, when I open scmdraft, I get these errors...

"The procedure entry point RichEdit10ANSIWndProc could not be located in the dynamic link library RICHED20.dll."

"Failed loading MPQ(C:\Users\Ben\Programs\Starcraft\patch_rt.mpg)"

Lastly, when I try to create a new string in the string editor I get this error:

"String corruption detected in line 2535, file .\windows\CMapSettings.cpp.
String ID:34. String contents: New String
REPORT THIS!"

I have no clue how to fix this, and I really want to display text, so can you help me?
Btw, My computer's version is Windows Vista

None.

Oct 10 2007, 11:47 pm Joshgt2 Post #2

You having this problem in any other type of map editor as well? Seems to be more along the lines that your missing a StarCraft file rather than a SCMDraft file...

None.

Oct 10 2007, 11:57 pm benshums Post #3

I can display text just fine in StarEdit.
If I would be missing a file, what file might that be?
Do you think it's possible that this bug could exist b/c I'm using windows vista?
Or, what causes the problem?

Thanks,
~BJ

None.

Oct 11 2007, 12:02 am who Post #4

when you make the trigger in typing form, you have to put "4" in the second argument for display text.

example:

DisplayText("Hi",4);

None.

Oct 11 2007, 12:13 am Joshgt2 Post #5

Quote from someone09
when you make the trigger in typing form, you have to put "4" in the second argument for display text.

example:

DisplayText("Hi",4);
It doesn't seem like he is entering the trigger wrong because you can use the classic trigger editor in SCMDraft...

I just looked at my patch file and it was created on the day I reinstalled StarCraft again and logged into Battle.net. Is it the fact that you don't have the file or it just doesn't want to read it because I will give you mine if you need it...

None.

Oct 11 2007, 12:25 am benshums Post #6

Hmmmm, I did a bit more testing and realized that my text problem was probably not a computer error.

In SCMDraft, when I put the text I want to display below line 4 or 5 it won't show.
But when I put the text above those lines, it will show the text.

Thus, the problem is probably that I don't know how to use SCMDraft's display-text action.
Are their any good tutorials out their for displaying texts like the professionals do... you know,
like placing the text in the middle of the screen or changing the color and stuff?

Also, where are there good SCMDraft tutorials in generall? I'm excited to make my program work.

Thanks,
~BJ

None.

Oct 11 2007, 12:48 am Jello-Jigglers Post #7

but why 2.8? you know we live in the 21st century right? lol but seriously the 6.0+ versions work lots better I recommend using them. Also, i suggest doing most of the display triggers, or even regular triggers for that matter, in regular staredit. Call me crazy :lol: .

None.

Oct 11 2007, 1:15 am benshums Post #8

There's a 6.0? No way!
I'm definately going to download it right now. w00t :}
~BJ

None.

Oct 11 2007, 1:48 am NudeRaider Post #9

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
but why 2.8? you know we live in the 21st century right? lol but seriously the 6.0+ versions work lots better I recommend using them. Also, i suggest doing most of the display triggers, or even regular triggers for that matter, in regular staredit. Call me crazy :lol: .
What are you talking about? There's only ScmDraft 2 v0.8.0. He abbreviated it to 2.8. Thats the newest version PERIOD

Oct 11 2007, 3:18 am benshums Post #10

Yeah, that makes sense b/c I couldn't finc v6.0 on the net.
Meh, don't matter
~BJ

None.

Oct 11 2007, 10:13 pm Fisty Post #11

:lol: I actually loled when i read that.

On topic, I would actually say doing them in normal Staredit may be impossible since ScmDraft2 recycles strings, therefor POSSIBLY making maps unreadable by other editors.

None.

Oct 11 2007, 10:14 pm blacklight28 Post #12

Stormcoast should have v6.0, I used to have v6.0 so it should be there...

None.

Oct 11 2007, 11:42 pm Kenoli Post #13

Are their any good tutorials out their for displaying texts like the professionals do... you know,
like placing the text in the middle of the screen or changing the color and stuff?
Scmdraft2 Beta 0.8.0 includes a list of codes on the side of the string editors. When you place a code in the text it will affect all the text following it.

For example, this text: Th<08>is is some te<1F>xt.
Would turn into this: This is some text.

Center align is <13>. It works just like the colors.
All the codes are listed in the editor.

None.

Oct 12 2007, 1:35 am Jello-Jigglers Post #14

Quote from NudeRaider
What are you talking about? There's only ScmDraft 2 v0.8.0. He abbreviated it to 2.8. Thats the newest version PERIOD
Oh ok i thought he was saying scmd 2 v2.8.0 and I loled as well when I read his. I personally like 2.7.3 but w/e your into. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum